Thai bank employee caught stealing customers’ cash

webfact

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A good question. She won't need them while she's in jail, so ........

jail? are you sure? it says she will be fired and the police is investigating and knowing the type of investigations they do.... not guilty, no jail, moved to the branch next town, not to far   555

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Who deposits money without knowing the amount? and lets the Teller go next door to count it !!!

Fair comment and logical to us but there are a lot of Illiterate people in Thailand.  My Sister-in-Law can't read and write, she is 57 but only went to School for three years as she had to Nurse her sick parents and work in a Market.   However; she is as sharp as a razor when it comes to money but there are still many who would 'trust' the Bank to look after them.  For all the Ills of this country you have to place the blame entirely on succeeding Governments down the last Century !

My Thai gf works at a mall.  Do you know that if someone shoplifts from a store, that the employees have to pay for the missing inventory?  That's crazy and abusive.  Now you know why they count your change 4 times before giving it back to you and do inventory every day- any shortfall comes out of their pocket.  All for the privilege of a 40 Baht per hour job.  

6 minutes ago, GGfromUSA said:

My Thai gf works at a mall.  Do you know that if someone shoplifts from a store, that the employees have to pay for the missing inventory?  That's crazy and abusive.  Now you know why they count your change 4 times before giving it back to you and do inventory every day- any shortfall comes out of their pocket.  All for the privilege of a 40 Baht per hour job.  

Abusive work practices, damn deplorable.

4 hours ago, ZAKY said:

She looks so beautiful, im sure that somebody is going to rescue her! If not; im ready for it! 

Worst case scenario for her is she'll have to bang a couple of guys she normally wouldn't.

Unless it was gang money she was stealing in which case she might disappear.

16 minutes ago, GGfromUSA said:

You mean she lets you make her go out to work for 40 bht an hour ???? what kind of thai gf you have there. Most thai girls want farang bf so they dont have to work and have farang pay for everything for them that includes their families expenses.

4 hours ago, Seth1a2a said:

Of course I have no proof in this case but it has happened before where money was taken directly from customer accounts and had to be replaced by Bangkok Bank last October.

Not to mention this case as well:-

20 hours ago, Topdoc said:

She was just applying very high negative interest rates

You have to be in a legal position to do this like at the EZB. Strange thing is that people lose their savings and no government cares. But obviously the victims don't care too. People are not logical. They would approve the Total War again... 

5 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

Yes, a few years in an inactive post will teach her.

Alone in the basement filing room for 5-10 years will teach her not to steal from customers.

But first she will hopefully be serving a long jail sentence. (if she not saved some of the stolen money to bribe the BIB's).

23 hours ago, jaltsc said:

"Over the past year the employee had purchased a new house and a car."

On a bank teller's salary? The accounting department should be put under investigation. I'm sure one can't purchase a house and car for what she stuffed in to her pocket. As with everything in Thailand, if the higher up don't get to wet their beaks, this kind of theft doesn't go on. She'll be the fall guy. Lesson learned: If she wasn't going to share with everyone, she should have made better use out of her ass ets. 

in Los u can buy anything with a 5000 bhat salary...the magic word is loan loan loan....and / or falang boyfriend (seldom met any Thai who only had one loan the usual is multiloans at different institutions plus the credit card ..those who pay cash have a few farang boyfriends the oldie fan supporter group ) ....

4 hours ago, Teee said:

You mean she lets you make her go out to work for 40 bht an hour ???? what kind of thai gf you have there. Most thai girls want farang bf so they dont have to work and have farang pay for everything for them that includes their families expenses.

My wife dont have to work she WANTS too.

9 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Wow, other Thai people actually had the courage to film her and expose her! Most of the time if all the people working together are okay with wrongdoings, it will never get exposed. The manager included! TIT!

I feel like making a joke when I go to the bank, next time. Being the smartass I am ???? - Ill say it in Thai also. Ya kamuay ngun na! *jokingly*

Not a good idea! They would probably not see it as a joke, just that you are calling them a thief!

Archived