Thai bank employee caught stealing customers’ cash

webfact

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 5:12 PM, loong said:

How can people be unsure how much they are depositing??

In the USA, Wells Fargo does NOT have deposit slips that a customer fills out when depositing cash!  You hand the money to the teller and they do their thing.  Sure you get a deposited amount slip when done, and some teller windows actually have a little computer screen on which you can see the amount the teller is depositing.  But apriori you don't have a written down amount.  Many people don't read their little deposit slips when leaving.  Many people have bad eyesight and can't be bothered with putting on their reading glasses before scurrying out of the bank in a hurry.  It would be interesting to know if the teller singled out certain types of people, Old, aged, etc. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:44 AM, DavCurtis said:

The crazy part is, she was stealing and could not help her ego of showing off. How do you think your colleagues will react if y’all work at the same place and y’all know your salaries but you are buying a house and a car right in-front of them? 

The answer is: "up to her".

On 9/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, katana said:

The crime set to music:

Looks like it was the one room without CCTV - the bank CCTV monitoring room!

While not liking nor agreeing with it, I really can and do understand impulse stealing.  But recurring and constant stealing, plotting, scheming. preying on what I suspect are old or aged or less than sharp customers and all for greed, buying new stuff, etc.  Just horrible.  And of course some employees suspected something was amiss.  Why did they not mention it to bank manager, or security?  Gosh I would not be surprised if this lady files a slander and defamation suit against the '"illegal" filming!

As others have posted, I think there must be more to the story. Also, I didn't understand, do people really deposit money in the bank without counting it first, as the story suggests?
PS You can see her cast a little glance at the CCTV monitoring screen as she pockets the money, presumably to confirm she's not on camera.

PPS the Thai comments on the Youtube video also seem to be suggesting the manager was in on it too.

Archived