Major cineplex discount card

champers

Bought one of these last week for 50 Baht. Pay 60 Baht before 2, 80 after. Usual prices start from 100. Free ticket on your birthday. 2 visits and it has paid for itself already. Excellent value in these trying economic times. Passport is required and card may be dependant on age. Cinema complex is at Avenue Mall, not far from RGP.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another small difference from the western theaters I attend.

It is about 13 to 15 bucks in many places back home now.

And the quality is about the same.

In fact in many theaters here the seats are more comfortable.

Just sayin, 2 to 3 bucks for a movie is pretty darn good.

And geez, wondering the theater quality and how much is a movie in Vietnam or Cambodia? 

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Just another small difference from the western theaters I attend.

It is about 13 to 15 bucks in many places back home now.

And the quality is about the same.

In fact in many theaters here the seats are more comfortable.

Just sayin, 2 to 3 bucks for a movie is pretty darn good.

And geez, wondering the theater quality and how much is a movie in Vietnam or Cambodia? 

Major's theatres are better than SF in my opinion. A shame they aren't a little more busy.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Major's theatres are better than SF in my opinion. A shame they aren't a little more busy.

On my recent trip I did not like the SF movie choices at all.  And since they are in Central as well as big C, there was no additional variety or choices.  Same same in each.  They had some sort of promotion for smaller and slightly cheaper popcorn and soda but the menu just shows the smaller and cheaper and what I wanted size.  Girl said "promotion only".  No idea how to get it.  Probably need a smart phone and some app which this dinosaur doesn't have yet.

43 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The OP missed out on the MOST IMPORTANT PART!! Makes it completely worthless then.

I did say it may be age related. When I advised my age I was just told I could have a card. I am 60. Passport required for proof; just as well because I only look 59.

Archived