Need a little advise about the internet and changing provider

Duke30

Hallo Thaivisa community,

I have a question about changing providers

So my situation is like this:

1. my house internet ist with Sinet, I pay around 860฿(I am not happy with them as it’s always doesn’t work 5-10 times a week). Downtime always happens to be when I am working.

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

2. I am also a true H customer for a year now(since I return to Thailand). I have 2 postpaid contract under my name. And yes I am greatly happy about it. No down time or hardly any.

IMG_2468.JPG

You may properly ask why don’t I change my house internet. Well I still have 3 months to go until I can cancel.

Now I phoned the support from Sinet and they told me if I want to get out of the contract I have to pay them 4000฿. I find that just to stupid for words. As I didn’t know much about internet in Khon Kaen, I let my Thai mom pick out for me the provider. And now I just want to get away from them as quick as possible.

I been living abroad most off my life and for example if I had problem in Germany many times a month a lot of times they gave me reduced monthly bill. And here is just no responsibility on the providers part.

Now I ask my mother what to do and she said that I just don’t pay them [emoji23](the Thai way), and my dad said that I am bound by the contract, if I like it or not that I have to put up with it.(Aussie)

Now what should I do?

To who should I listen too? Do they blacklist you if you don’t pay? Do they have a System that makes your Credit score bad or something like that?

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

If possible I would like to change to that package from true.

So what should I do? Any helpful advice?

Happy greetings from Khon Kaen

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

3 minutes ago, shady86 said:

I would ask them to reduce the bill for downtime caused or stop paying. Why pay for something you are not getting as promised.

If i stop paying will i be blacklisted? Will it affect my loan or credit score? I already Phoned the support 1147 and ask about downtime and if i can get a discount and they reply was that they cant give me any.

i don't think is much money that i pay the 860 baht a month, but i just find is annoying when i am working on something and suddenly my Net is down. Is just no responsibility on their part.  With TRUE i would get a better customer support and if is something i will get coupon or reduce cost. (Only happened to me one time when internet was down a day).

3BB even says money back haha

Screenshot_17.jpg.bfc56f7e0195fe543d1b9d5a1b7311bc.jpg

If i stop paying will i be blacklisted? Will it affect my loan or credit score? I already Phoned the support 1147 and ask about downtime and if i can get a discount and they reply was that they cant give me any.

i don't think is much money that i pay the 860 baht a month, but i just find is annoying when i am working on something and suddenly my Net is down. Is just no responsibility on their part.  With TRUE i would get a better customer support and if is something i will get coupon or reduce cost. (Only happened to me one time when internet was down a day).

Yes but blacklisted only by this company? Should not affect any credit as you are not taking any loan, just not paying for a service. I would ask to speak to manager and tell them straight no payment unless service up to the standard promised.

I don't believe they have that in Thailand.

>> to get out of the contract I have to pay them 4000฿

Is that at the end of the contract period ?

No the manager and the Callcenter person told me that I have to pay the next three months and stay with them until the 12 month contract is up. If I don’t, I have to pay a cancelation fee of 4000฿

IMG_2472.PNG.29c4eb1c97ccf7c6572ea58be40fce25.PNG

Please don’t understand me wrong, I don’t even mind paying 1500-2000฿ for a good connection . But I just hate it when I pay for something and every couple times a week I get p*****at the connection.

IMG_2474.thumb.JPG.ba388f63fb9b8d580dd1820dfaa50fee.JPG

I am using my phone as a hotspot now, otherwise I wouldn’t have any connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A couple of ways to go here... 

You have 3 months left...   just get another provider and pay them the 2564.79 baht.

Accuse them of breach of contract, provide them with a detailed list of the times you couldn't use the internet (you made a list right?) and request a refund or immediate termination of contract, see where it goes. 

Stop paying and get another provider - they are unlikely to chase you for a small amount but you never know. 

was with 3bbb but have been with true now for a few years, they recently put fibre all the way to the router(new router and modem included) for  free, only have occasional down time  but not often. If you are having down time a lot demand to be  reimbursed or hit them for breach of contract as mentioned above

About six years ago we had 3BB. Because we moved to another area, we asked 3BB if they could provide us there with internet. No, they said, it was too remote. So I had to cancel the contract. And like you, we got a bill of around 3000 or 4000 Baht. To my surprise, even though they couldn't deliver, they wanted payment until the end of the contract.

Of course we didn't pay. But much to my surprise, the people who moved into the house after us, didn't get internet from 3BB until the previous inhabitants (us) would have payed the bill. I don't know why I didn't suggest to take another provider or maybe I did, but for some reasons they couldn't have internet without 3BB being payed first.

We ended up paying for their sake.

We use TOT here and now after so many years, we have fiber optic cable, which delivers a whopping 100/100 Mbps (before 16/1 Mbps) and for a lower price.

Anyway.... I would just do the same again: don't pay! They don't deliver or deliver poorly...just take another provider which does it better.

9 hours ago, Thaijack2014 said:

About six years ago we had 3BB. Because we moved to another area, we asked 3BB if they could provide us there with internet. No, they said, it was too remote. So I had to cancel the contract. And like you, we got a bill of around 3000 or 4000 Baht. To my surprise, even though they couldn't deliver, they wanted payment until the end of the contract.

Of course we didn't pay. But much to my surprise, the people who moved into the house after us, didn't get internet from 3BB until the previous inhabitants (us) would have payed the bill. I don't know why I didn't suggest to take another provider or maybe I did, but for some reasons they couldn't have internet without 3BB being payed first.

We ended up paying for their sake.

We use TOT here and now after so many years, we have fiber optic cable, which delivers a whopping 100/100 Mbps (before 16/1 Mbps) and for a lower price.

Anyway.... I would just do the same again: don't pay! They don't deliver or deliver poorly...just take another provider which does it better.

I just went to the shop of sinet and they told me that i need to pay them 4000 baht fees no matter what or i have to stay with them until the last 3 months. They wouldn't accept eighter that i pay the 3 months upfront, they said 4000 baht or no way out of the contract. I also requested a discount for the downtime, and they also rejected me that.

Do you have a customer protection agency or Ombudsman to complain too>?

Look like they figured out that i wont stay with them anymore and today they weren't friendly at all lol.

Afternoon or so i will go to True and get myself the package.  Seems to be a good deal.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:33 PM, Duke30 said:

I can assure you by my bad experience with 3BB that your money is not going back in any way.

For your actual provider if i was you i go to the end of the contract (In 3 months) then i stop

the payements. Do not forget to inform them you are not agree to go more with them.

Try to have something writing from them about the end of the contract (Always a challenge)

they are probably to try during some months to milk you more, but stand your ground

and do not pay anymore,even if they ban you, weel anyway they seems to deliver a bad internet

so you don't care.

Do not forget to pick a boo at TOT, they have sometimes good offers and they are more serious

and they are more reliable than most of the ''news'' and relatively ''smalls'' company on the sector.

Archived