US Citizenship and Propertry

There is a group of Thai ladies who runs a website about getting US citizenship called Uncle Sam or something like that. It was invaluable to my wife when she went through this process. See if you can find it, or PM me & I will ask my wife if she still has the website.

She successfully got her US citizenship last year; we never hired any lawyer or legal counsel. Strictly DIY.

13 minutes ago, albertik said:

Would be nice if you would ask your wife, get the info and post it here, rather than keep the process cryptic; as always, nothing here is ever succinct, so I am not in anyway expecting a straight forward answer. Thank-you.   

Why you wanna come at me like that when I was genuinely offering to help? You put me in a state of mind that I'll just say <deleted> off.  In fact, I will ask her not because of you, but because so many others on this site have given me help when I asked (politely).  I will "pay it forward to them".  Going through the citizenship process you find it much more helpful to be courteous to those who offer to help.  It is a years-long & highly complex process that you don't want to navigate by aggravating people. 

(**Edit** - just noticed the guy with the attitude is not the OP, so I apologize to the OP.  I will PM him the info as I originally offered.  It is even more mystifying why someone not even involved in the conversation would choose to take offense at comments that are not even directed at him.  Grow up.) 

49 minutes ago, albertik said:

Would be nice if you would ask your wife, get the info and post it here, rather than keep the process cryptic; as always, nothing here is ever succinct, so I am not in anyway expecting a straight forward answer. Thank-you.   

Totally unnecessary response when the poster was genuinely offering assistance. 

1 hour ago, USNret said:

Why you wanna come at me like that when I was genuinely offering to help? You put me in a state of mind that I'll just say <deleted> off.  In fact, I will ask her not because of you, but because so many others on this site have given me help when I asked (politely).

49 minutes ago, Dap said:

Totally unnecessary response when the poster was genuinely offering assistance. 

Dear Snowflakes,

The post that is being referred to simply echoed what I often wonder myself - why are you PM-ing valuable information that could just be posted in the thread and benefit everyone?

The post in question was reasonably polite and on point.

Furthermore, the poster in question closed the post with: "Thank-you."

I will be less polite - Grow up.

45 minutes ago, USNret said:

For OP: PM'd you some info. 

Thank you for sharing.

4 hours ago, USNret said:

Why you wanna come at me like that when I was genuinely offering to help? You put me in a state of mind that I'll just say <deleted> off.  In fact, I will ask her not because of you, but because so many others on this site have given me help when I asked (politely).  I will "pay it forward to them".  Going through the citizenship process you find it much more helpful to be courteous to those who offer to help.  It is a years-long & highly complex process that you don't want to navigate by aggravating people. 

(**Edit** - just noticed the guy with the attitude is not the OP, so I apologize to the OP.  I will PM him the info as I originally offered.  It is even more mystifying why someone not even involved in the conversation would choose to take offense at comments that are not even directed at him.  Grow up.) 

Can you please post the web address, Thank you!

5 hours ago, USNret said:

Why so aggro? He is right

Dual citizenship is allowed, so would not affect property ownership AFAIK. 

Obviously she needs to keep her thai passport and ID up to date.

And of course when travelling, she must:

1. Leave the US with her US passport.

2. Enter and leave Thailand on Thai passport.

3. Enter the US with US passport.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, albertik said:

Passing information on a public chatterbox is not always appreciated by all parties mentioned, which falls within an understanding that is called privacy. Moreover, posting information willy-nilly can get people in rather embarassing situations.

A way to contact was offered, so what is your problem ?

10 hours ago, KKr said:

Passing information on a public chatterbox is not always appreciated by all parties mentioned, which falls within an understanding that is called privacy. Moreover, posting information willy-nilly can get people in rather embarassing situations.

A way to contact was offered, so what is your problem ?

He was asking for a link to a public website, how can this harm anybody's privacy?

Archived