BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Loyal Dog Waits for His Owners in the Same Spot for Four Years, Finally Gets to See Them Again

We’ve featured several heartbreaking stories of faithful canines waiting for their owners in the same spot for years at a time, never to see them again, but this is one of those rare stories with a happy end. After spending four years waiting for his human masters, a lost dog in Thailand was finally reunited with them thanks to social media.

The story of Leo, a stray dog who has spent the last four years of his life waiting at an intersection in the Thai city of Khon Kaen, went viral at the beginning of this month, after a Facebook user uploaded photos of the canine, sharing that he had seen the animal sitting in the same spot every day, as if waiting for someone. They originally thought the dog had been abandoned, but then realized that he looked well-fed, so he asked around about him. It turned out that the dog had indeed been spending most of his time around that intersection, but a woman had been coming around regularly to bring him food and water. The plot thickened…

One day, while photographing the dog everyone called Leo, the Facebook user met the woman who take care of him. She had come to drop off some food and he used the opportunity to learn more about him. The 45-year-old woman, named Saowalak, said that when she first found him in that very same spot, several years ago, Leo was all skin and bones and plagued by skin disease. She couldn’t bare to leave him like that, so she took him home with her and nursed him back to health. However, one day, Saowalak came home to find that Leo was gone. She looked for him and found him in the same place she first saw him, and assumed that he was waiting there for his owners, and didn’t try to take him away. She just came and brought him food and water every few days.

After learning that the dog had spent the last few years in the same spot where his masters had allegedly abandoned him, the Facebook user decided to share the story on social media, documenting it with photos of the canine and the kind-hearted woman who looked after him. The post soon went viral and the photos of Leo got shared hundreds of times on Facebook alone. And it was through social media that the photos reached the eyes of Leo’s former old owner.

Nang Noi Sittisarn, a 64-year-old woman from Thailand’s Roi Et Province, almost had a heart-attack when her daughter showed her a photo of a pooch that looked a lot like BonBon, the beloved dog she had lost during a car trip. 

Full article

Stories like this make me want to delete the internet.

sounds like someone watched the film about the japanese dog... all that's missing was richard gere lol

miserable gits....it's a great story  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

miserable gits....it's a great story  

Agreed shows how much dogs can love people. Wish mine loved me 🤣

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Agreed shows how much dogs can love people. Wish mine loved me 🤣

Love them..they will return in kind.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Love them..they will return in kind.

Not this one.. i love him like crazy but he is a cranky old bast.rd and only likes woman. (cant blame him too much). He forgets who walks with him, gives him food, snacks and pets him. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Not this one.. i love him like crazy but he is a cranky old bast.rd and only likes woman. (cant blame him too much). He forgets who walks with him, gives him food, snacks and pets him. 

Did you have him when he was a pup?

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Did you have him when he was a pup?

I did he was quite nice then, have had him for 13 years. Sure he comes to me when he is in the mood.. else he does not want to be petted. So he does come to me after I have been gone for a while.

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Sounds like  you possibly  seriously mistreated him at one time.

3 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Sounds like  you possibly  seriously mistreated him at one time.

Me never, i never laid a hand on the dog was always nice too him. Probably too nice. The dog was never abused (or at least not by me or the gf, we did send him to her parents for a month each year cant say what happened there). But never by me, always gave him snacks, walked with him, showered him made sure he had food and water. 

If anything I might have been too nice for him and not strong enough. 

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Me never, i never laid a hand on the dog was always nice too him. Probably too nice. The dog was never abused (or at least not by me or the gf, we did send him to her parents for a month each year cant say what happened there). But never by me, always gave him snacks, walked with him, showered him made sure he had food and water. 

If anything I might have been too nice for him and not strong enough. 

I believe you. I don't think you have to be strong for affection. Maybe so for obedience. He's getting on a bit now so you probably won't change him. Give what him you can and take what he can give, I suppose. Good luck.