Marriage visa first time savannakhet.

Can i apply for a first time marraige viasa in savannaket, getting confused reading thai embasssys site, i dont have a visa now so i cant get an extension,only staying in thailand on a permit to stay, thanks for some help please.

Edited by arne berg

I assume you asking about getting a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

Do you want a single entry or multiple entry visa? A single entry visa allows one 90 day entry and a multiple unlimited entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

are you on a visa exempt entry, if so you could get a 60 day extension on your current stay, for being married to a Thai national, your wife would have to be with you when you apply at your local immigration office, (1,900 baht) this would allow more time to plan and research a trip to Savannakhet for a non immigrant 'o' visa either single or multi entry, no financials required, an overnight stay is required in Lao

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you asking about getting a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

Do you want a single entry or multiple entry visa? A single entry visa allows one 90 day entry and a multiple unlimited entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

I dont have money in the bank 2 months prior to my application, i have letter from embassy confirming income/pension from 2 countrys enough to forfill the requirement, i just got retired, how do i work that out, read about savannakhet and no proof of funds, can i apply for a 90 day entry in savannakhet without showing funds and after 3 months aply for one year in savannakhet, without showing funds,

Edited by arne berg

1 minute ago, arne berg said:

I dont have money in the bank 2 months prior to my application, i have letter from embassy confirming income/pension from 2 countrys i just got retired, how do i work that out, read about savannakhet and no proof of funds, can i apply for a 90 day entry in savannakhet and after 3 months aply for one year in savannakhet

no need just apply for a multi entry, no money required,

Arne...go to Savvanakhet. If you go via Mukdahan as I did, take your wife, pay 1500baht for your Laos Visa. Your wife will pay 50 baht.  The bus over the friendship bridge is a 100 baht.  Tuk tuk to Consulate is 3-400 baht. Over the road from the consulate is a photocopy business, they know what to copy. Your passport, your wife's passport/id card, her house book, wedding certificate English or Thai. Make sure the wife signs all copies.

Queue up at the consulate and wait till the gate opens. (9am to 11:30Am queue starts at 7:30 though!) to apply for Multi Entry Non Immigrant visa. There can be a fair wait so let the wife sit in air-conditioning at Pilgrims café over he road (sit on a coffee for half an hour or both have breakfast there ) up until you look like getting onto the consulate - they  seem to allow 20 or 30 people at a time. Call the wife over and its easy after that. Please note the application form doesn't actually mention multi entry visa so write on it MULTI ENTRY VISA TO VISIT WIFE. Pay your 5000 baht and off you go. Go back the next day after 2pm and you should have a visa.

Obviously you need to spend one night there so google/Agoda/whatever for accommodation.

its a fairly painless process - we spent three days there as a mini holiday.

• Like 1