Thai PM defends police monitoring of Muslim university students

webfact

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Racial profiling is a slippery slope and leads to negative stigma and can spiral out of control. Prayut is wrong to condone such policy. He has no leadership quality.

Yeah, just as we found out in the US with airport screening -- you can't profile Middle Eastern men disproportionately to, say, 80-year old Caucasian grandmothers. Or so said the civil libertarians. Fortunately, the TSA knows it must concentrate its limited resources where it will do the most good. When it comes to public safety, realism necessarily trumps idealism.

Prayut knows he would take some hits with this; but he chose to show some leadership. Hopefully, this will help limit future bombings  -- or not. But at least it's a start.

1 hour ago, the guest said:

Good on Thailand, Muslims are one of the few minorities who refuse to fully integrate with their hosting country. Mosques and so-called "religious" schools are potential breeding grounds for hostile ideology.

There have been many reports in Europe echoing the same concerns that tighter controls should be in place.

Now you may understand why Burma and China will not tolerate this type of ideology, as it undermines their culture and values.

Burma is somewhat intolerant of all minorities, religious and ethnic. Following its independence after WW2 its ill-treatment of the predominantly Christian Karen, Kachin and Chin led to those people taking up arms against the state. Encouraged by Buddhist zealots,  murder and rape of these minorities and the burning of their Christian villages has been practiced by Burma's Tatmadaw. 

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

Let  us  know  in the not too distant future when all this data is  hacked  into and your files are altered your iris  scan and fingerprints   used where you don't want them and you  cant prove you weren't there.

Even now cloning of id's  is  leading good people into terrible problems.

Yeas, sure. As I always say. I am scared of my own shadow also.

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And again most of the posts concentrate on Prayut and Buddhism? It´s not about that.

This is about violence and the minority group in Thailand that have made themself stand out as front figures for bombings and armed attacs. They still call them insurgents, when the right name should be terrorists.

Sure, according to the general way of thinking this can be filed under discrimination. However, each and everyone have to consider some very important points:

* Negotiations have been tried with these terrorists, but nothing good has come out of that. That´s more than USA would ever do.

* Security in the south and Bangkok has been beefed up, but they still can walk around placing bombs wherever.

* Registretions of phonecards have been in force, but there are still no control over that.

I know, this is not regarding all the muslims and most of them are friendly and caring non violent people. Hovever, most of the bombing and shootings are made out of muslims, and then something must be done when they can´t take responsibility as a group and sort it out themselfs.

I this case, I do agree with Prayut. Not many times I can say that.

"in·sur·gent

noun

a rebel or revolutionary.

"an attack by armed insurgents"

synonyms:rebel, revolutionary, revolutionist, mutineer, agitator, subversive, guerrilla, anarchist, terrorist, bioterrorist, narco-terrorist, ecoterrorist, cyberterrorist, agroterrorist, rioter;

Google is your friend!

Ever been near a bomb when it went off?  They don't discriminate. This is political Islam in action not religion.

Political Islam is a totalitarian ideology under the guise of religion and you would know what real discrimination is if you ever have the misfortune to encounter it. I speak from experience.

Read their manifesto sometime.

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

"in·sur·gent

noun

a rebel or revolutionary.

"an attack by armed insurgents"

synonyms:rebel, revolutionary, revolutionist, mutineer, agitator, subversive, guerrilla, anarchist, terrorist, bioterrorist, narco-terrorist, ecoterrorist, cyberterrorist, agroterrorist, rioter;

Google is your friend!

And what did you want to say?

Archived