BANGKOK
Yinn

Do you like Thai people?

On 9/18/2019 at 8:40 AM, sirineou said:

Very Long OP.

Not sure if real or someone posing as a Thai .  Just on the outside chance that this is real. 

Personally I have often said that it would be very embarrassing to me  if my Thai family became aware of the way some "Farangs" talk about them. 

If I had to rank Thai people in the likability scale I would rank them Above average, If I needed one word to describe them, I would say "resourceful" .

I have the pleasure to interact with many of them in my everyday life in Issan and I am always amazed by their creative solution to problems, and their ability to do so much with so litle.

I think the way some farangs talk about Thai people tells more about them than it does about Thai people.

Yinn is real all right, and I for one am always happy to read her posts. Keep posting Yinn, I think you will find the vast majority of Thaivisa members are good decent people. 

I have only just come across your post as I was in the UK when your post came out. Whatever you do Yinn, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:26 AM, sirineou said:

Regardless of what anyone thinks we are all guests here.

I have a Australian friend that though I don't agree with his politics, on a personal level I like very much.. He constantly posts critical opinions about The Australian government ,and other Australians on FB, but he is also very proud of his country,  If a lot of Thais living in Australia were constantly posting negative opinions about Australia, I am sure he would not like it.

Same applies to me , and I am sure to you, so why not to Thai people?

Black people can use the N word with each other, I challenge you to go in Harlem and use it yourself. 

Don't you see my point?  

Absolute rubbish. Real guests don't get treated the way the Thai government treats us, ie, if someone was a guest in your house, would you tell them they must report to you every so often? Come on now.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Absolute rubbish. Real guests don't get treated the way the Thai government treats us, ie, if someone was a guest in your house, would you tell them they must report to you every so often? Come on now.

Possum  I realise that sometimes it is difficult to follow a whole string of an exchange and answer to the last exchange thus taking that post out of context . 

Usually (but not always) before I reply I click the litle twisted arrow at the right of the post that is being quoted. This takes you a step back thus you can see what this people are talking about. 

If you were to do the above you would see that the post below initiated the exchange you are reacting to.

image.png.0c4bc81afd505db9f6a8630433051f1f.png

as you can see I post that people in every country complain about their country (I am sure you do also) but when your guests complain about your country and you are proud about your country(as Thais are), you might feel a litle offended. 

Basically ,I only claim that  even though a host might complain about the condition of his house, it is in bad taste for guest to do it in front of him.?

I am not making any value judgments about conditions in Thailand  in this reply.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Possum  I realise that sometimes it is difficult to follow a whole string of an exchange and answer to the last exchange thus taking that post out of context . 

Usually (but not always) before I reply I click the litle twisted arrow at the right of the post that is being quoted. This takes you a step back thus you can see what this people are talking about. 

If you were to do the above you would see that the post below initiated the exchange you are reacting to.

image.png.0c4bc81afd505db9f6a8630433051f1f.png

as you can see I post that people in every country complain about their country (I am sure you do also) but when your guests complain about your country and you are proud about your country(as Thais are), you might feel a litle offended. 

Basically ,I only claim that  even though a host might complain about the condition of his house, it is in bad taste for guest to do it in front of him.?

I am not making any value judgments about conditions in Thailand  in this reply.

I certainly do complain about my country, it is worse than Thailand, but thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Like 1

Ps.
cow pad poo = rice fried crab   “Pad”, not “fat”

"Cow pat" = the round mess that comes from the backside of cows

"Poo" yes the same stuff that comes out of the backside of cows and most other animals [emoji39] just joking a play on the translation between language's
  • Haha 1

Interesting question....

As for complaining about my homeland-then it is no..why should I do so as it nurtured me,fed me,educated me and gave me gainful employment,a good pension,excellent superannuation and healthcare?

Also it is very aesthetically beautiful.I rather like the Thai people and culture too..but that's it.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:01 AM, Yinn said:

But also have a lot of expat REALLY hate Thai people. This really shock me. I see before farang not friendly, not have happy face. But not understand why they hate us so much. Is true.
This people complain, criticize, ridicule and mock Thai people every time. Not able to think positive.
They hate “Thai male” the most.

Yinn if you come to Europe you'll see that nobody tries to cheat or scam you....in Europe everybody is the same, rich poor black white gay handicapped, all of them the same.....

Westerners get really angry if somebody tries to scam them, and the Thai all do it in the touristic area's....myself we will never go back to Phuket....my thai wife also hates it there.....but sometimes she has to go there for work....get free hotel and taxi and everything but i won't join her anymore....people there are very selfish and there's no law...

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Yinn if you come to Europe you'll see that nobody tries to cheat or scam you....in Europe everybody is the same, rich poor black white gay handicapped, all of them the same.....

Not true.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bulgaria-fans-made-nazi-salutes-monkey-chants-at-england-players-2019-10

this week in Europe. 

London 

Westerners get really angry if somebody tries to scam them, and the Thai all do it in the touristic area's...

Not ALL thai do it. But I agree. Some do it. Do it a lot.

And Phuket have a lot of Burmese etc vendor. 

.myself we will never go back to Phuket....my thai wife also hates it there.....but sometimes she has to go there for work....get free hotel and taxi and everything but i won't join her anymore....people there are very selfish and there's no law...

There some nice place in Phuket. But is expensive. 

60390AD6-540B-4D1D-B3A2-EC63BD5837A4.jpeg

3460EC95-1C40-4007-896F-20CC832E9BFB.jpeg

• Haha 1

For personal reasons that have heavily involved my family, I no longer look at the Thais with the same eyes, and definitely don't trust them anymore. 
When someone asks me if I love Thais, generally I answer, "I like Chinese people".

The country has positive and negative aspects, like all the nations of the world.

I reckon that the problem that most of us have is that when we came we weren't aware that we were moving to a third world nation with all it's drawbacks, poor education of the general public, utter corruption of the authorities, and quite often resentment against settlers coming from more privileged parts of the world.

Edited by Momofarang
  • Like 1

Gonzales: Why do they call ya "Dirty Harry"?
De Georgio: That's one thing about our Harry, he doesn't play any favorites. Harry hates everybody. Limeys, Micks, Hebs, Niggers, Honkies, Fat Daigoes, Chinks, you name it.
Gonzales: How does he feel about Mexicans?
De Georgio: Ask him.

Callahan:(says with a wink) Especially Spics.

2 hours ago, Momofarang said:

I reckon that the problem that most of us have is that when we came we weren't aware that we were moving to a third world nation with all it's drawbacks, poor education of the general public, utter corruption of the authorities, and quite often resentment against settlers coming from more privileged parts of the world.

'Weren't aware' or weren't prepared, subtle difference.