BANGKOK
Yinn

Do you like Thai people?

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

So how many tourists from Bulgaria have you met in Phuket?? I have never met one outside of Europe.

The tourists you have met in Phuket are from West and North Europe because they are more rich and live in cold countries. In West and North Europe the countries are safe for tourists and there are almost no scammers like in Phuket. The taxi's have meters, the shops have fixed prices for everybody. The people all take their job seriously, not like the nightguard we had in the 5* hotel in Phuket during my honeymoon who was sleeping behind the reception all night.

The beaches have lifeguards, the police is very reliable and speak english as well...The traffic is safe, the firemen/ambulance are there in 7 minutes by law, the prices of everything are the same for tourists as for locals, all taxi's have meters.

Yes go on with your nazi pictures from the hooligans, i''m happy for you that you could find something from a corner of Europe where Bulgaria is. So now it's okay that in Phuket almost everybody is scamming right? You must be the only thai who knows what a nazi is because here in BKK i see many people wearing nazi shirts or have stickers of Hitler on their cars...you won't see that in Europe.

You said Europe.

now you say north and west Europe.

so south and east Europe not in Europe? 

Anyway, what this wonderful country you talk about? 

This photo from England.

a number of inflammatory remarks removed.

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

You said Europe.

now you say north and west Europe.

so south and east Europe not in Europe? 

Anyway, what this wonderful country you talk about? 

This photo from England.

Ok Yinn, i'm tired of this stupid discussion....you win okay! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Exactly. 

The evidence that average Thais seem to dislike foreigners is overwhelming. 

Yes she got tunnel vision, I guess she would be better of on a Thai website

and complain about the self elected government, but she would be in jail

very quickly

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Yes she got tunnel vision, I guess she would be better of on a Thai website

Right tunnel vision and cherry picking . And on those Thai websites I would like to get a straight answer on what Thais say/think about foreigners. Not that I care, just curious. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, fruitman said:

Yinn what do hooligan nazi supporters from Bulgaria have to do with scamming tourists?? You have no idea what you're talking about...Also there is a big difference between the rich and poor part of Europe, West and North are the rich part....

But in every European country the police is helping all tourists just like anybody else. Not like the Thai police and in Europe the police treats the tourists the same as the locals....not like thailand where they only give huge fines to tourists and do nothing against locals.

Yes in the big cities there are criminals around, pickpockets (from East europe) so always be carefull...but the locals won't cheat you, never or you can go to the police and get free help.

And don't blame the scams in Phuket on the Burmese, that's so typical Thai, westerners hate it when the Thai blame somebody else while they know very well that it isn't true.

Also in Europe there is no double pricing, no shop will ever do that....and for sure there is no higher price for tourists because that would ruin our very good reputation.

And in Europe ALL people follow the traffic laws, the police is very strict in that and can give very high fines. You can be very safe on the streets, totally not like thailand.

But if you think you know it better than me, that's fine. mai ben rai.

Just to show you an example from where I live, please read

Unlike many other great gardens of the world, Kings Park and Botanic Garden is open at all times and is free to visit. At 400.6 ha, it is of the biggest city parks in the world (larger than New York's Central Park at 315 ha and London's Hyde Park at 121 ha).

k4.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

Edited by White Christmas13

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Just to show you an example from where I live, please read

Unlike many other great gardens of the world, Kings Park and Botanic Garden is open at all times and is free to visit. At 400.6 ha, it is of the biggest city parks in the world (larger than New York's Central Park at 315 ha and London's Hyde Park at 121 ha).

k4.jpg

k2.jpg

k1.jpg

Yes, nice...but what does it have to do with the scammers in Phuket which make foreigners hate thai?

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

Yes, nice...but what does it have to do with the scammers in Phuket which make foreigners hate thai?

you were talking about double pricing

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

you were talking about double pricing

Yes...well you guys could charge thai and other asians a lot of money only to be there....they do the same to us. Just call it a national park and start selling tickets haha.

We also live quite nice here in BKK but i'm not going to post pics...it's all private where we live with a huge wall around it....

5 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

A house fire is a tragedy even with insurance. My neighbor had insurance but not enough to replace everything he lost. The support he received wasn't just financial by having people who truly care about you and your family is really important. Luckily no one died but his son got some burns, but they don't look too bad. 

The fire was last week, but today my wife stopped by with a large bag of fruit to share. There were about 20-30 people there offering help and comfort.

BTW the newspaper reported the house was worth 7M Baht. It was a beautiful northern Thai designed home. Our province is know for beautiful teak wood homes and furniture.

When i was 16 i also got my mums kitchen on fire while she was on holiday....but i stopped it myself!

Anyway, i know it's terrible and any help will be great...i would also offer help if i had nice neighbours but the ones we have here are so selfish that i couldn't be bothered. It's different in the big city i guess.. Yes a fruit basket i would give but if i liked the people i would help much more...

The problem is electricity i guess which is always installed very dangerous...i just had a discussion here with the sometimewoodworker farang who thought it was fine to have a made in thailand gas oven in house....the thing looked like a steampunk oven with even a spare gasvalve on the front so any kid could open the gasvalve and it would spout in the room...he thought it was okay and that wouldn't happen....oh well.....

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:24 AM, Yinn said:

Thailand have fault, ok. Sure.

But why really hate us? Not just complain. Hate. Really.

You start hating after you had bad experiences. Such can be like watching a group of Thai man beating down an old drunk farang in Pattayas walking street who just did a jok. When you see how much hate and aggression they have towards a poor old drunk farang, what the hell do you expect ???