BANGKOK

In general yes. If I didn't I would leave tomorrow. The corruption is growing old as is the lack of ability in the nation to move itself forward. I've entirely soured on the government and military. All the ministries aside from MFA.

I find many 50+ Thai women annoying. The kids call them 'aunties'. You know them as line cutters, the ones that can't be bothered to do x or y in public bc they believe themselves to be of a certain age and or station in life that they get to go first, have more, wait less.

Some years back I had a kid at a top high school in Bangkok do his presentations on this lot. It was an absolute riot. He even had photos of all the selfish and self serving behavior about town. I was laughing so hard I was in tears. M2 also. Too lol.

Yinn: you're not a lawyer with kids at Pathumwan and Mahidol? Maybe I know you.

Edited by Doge
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, bermondburi said:

They also blatantly talk about you in front of you thinking you don't understand. Not necessarily saying bad things, but still talking about you to someone else right in front of you as if you're not there. Just ignorance I guess. 

I don't mind being the topic of conversation, and it can be fun after a while to drop a couple of words in Thai or Khmer, see the looks on their faces. and give them a nice knowing smile 😎 even though I will not follow the conversation at all.

In my view most Thai people cut a lot of slack, if a person doesn't care to earn or show a little respect, then maybe not quite so much, and rightly so

Just like I would say to Arabs coming to Europe and do nothing but complain, why not just go back home? Of course they won't, and I suspect the expat in Thailand won't either. For the Arabs it's the welfare keeping them in the countries they hate. What might be the thing keeping the westerner that hates Thailand in Thailand? Hmm... 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, bermondburi said:

They also blatantly talk about you in front of you thinking you don't understand. Not necessarily saying bad things, but still talking about you to someone else right in front of you as if you're not there. Just ignorance I guess. 

I understand how that feel.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Doge said:

Yinn: you're not a lawyer with kids at Pathumwan and Mahidol? Maybe I know you.

Not me. Different Yinn.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Off topic bickering and nonsense removed.

Went to the local store at the crossroads this morning. Chap who did some building for us and I haven't seen for a while was there with his wife. They both gave me a really nice smile and hello. He gave me a big cuddle, slapped my stomach and called me fat. He then asked what I was buying.

Like him? 'Course I do but not because he's Thai, they are just nice people - same as all over the world, good and bad. Nonsense topic.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, grollies said:

Went to the local store at the crossroads this morning. Chap who did some building for us and I haven't seen for a while was there with his wife. They both gave me a really nice smile and hello. He gave me a big cuddle, slapped my stomach and called me fat. He then asked what I was buying.

Like him? 'Course I do but not because he's Thai, they are just nice people - same as all over the world, good and bad. Nonsense topic.

slow clap for you.......

Image result for in ma belly

On 10/16/2019 at 3:26 PM, possum1931 said:

Absolute rubbish. Real guests don't get treated the way the Thai government treats us, ie, if someone was a guest in your house, would you tell them they must report to you every so often? Come on now.

To the contrary, when I stay in someone's house I keep them informed regarding my movements and departure date. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

To the contrary, when I stay in someone's house I keep them informed regarding my movements and departure date. 

This isnt about staying in someones house though

If the topic question is OK to ask, then I will ask a question. 

What are things we should like about Thai people? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

This isnt about staying in someones house though

The post I responded to made the lousy analogy, why call me out on it? 

Edited by metempsychotic

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

The post I responded to made the lousy analogy, whay call me out on it? 

I replied to your post in its own right 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I replied to your post in its own right 

Yeah, that makes sense, context is overrated.