Choosing a car cover.

Happy Grumpy

First off suggest you start a new topic. Something like How to fix problems with my Tuna. Listing CC 2.4. 2.8 then list the model as they are all different. Then list your problems.

You will then get the correct answers from people that have the same thing.

To turn the stop start off you need to just press the correct button. That's in a different place on all the models, hence I asked what model.

But what you are looking for is a button that has a circle with an A in the middle. Press that and a light will come up on the dash to show it's off. N/B has to be activated every time you restart. Not the end of the world takes seconds.
Snap of dash.
The button your looking for and the light on the dash shows just above the ECO mode sign.

Sounds to me like you don't have the manual in English if I'm correct get one asap.
1159368350_IMGP0001(3).thumb.JPG.c01a0364ff2e657120c43fe2bbda4c09.JPG

Thanks, I know how to turn it off, just bugs that there is (apparently) no way to have it default off.

I often don’t remember until it shuts off.

It’s the 2WD, AT, 2.8, TRD model. Black on white.

Great brakes and I like the interior and the way it looks. Rides and handles okay.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a diesel CRV with idlestop. Turn it off every time I start the engine. There are also complaints about this battery not pastime long as well, but I don't know if the owners are using the idlestop or not. It's silly technology for a hot tropical climate.

It is silly.

1 hour ago, RideJocky said:

Thanks, I know how to turn it off, just bugs that there is (apparently) no way to have it default off.

I often don’t remember until it shuts off.

It’s the 2WD, AT, 2.8, TRD model. Black on white.

Great brakes and I like the interior and the way it looks. Rides and handles okay.

I do know what you mean. It is a bug that you cant turn it off full time you'll just have to live with turning it off every time you start the thing. That's what I do after a while you'll get used to doing it.

I have the same one as you but it's a 4x4 as well.

Do you have the 600+ page book in English? All the info is in there.

My battery has lasted over 2.5 years still going OK (saying that it'll more than likely go T/ts up next week) but I do as said turn the stop start off every time. For what you save fuel wise it'll cost you over double on having to buy a new battery and starter motor. Pointless thing anyway. Bit like the auto lights.  

On 9/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, fredob43 said:

I do like you dust it off daily with a feather thing.

Our car port has an auto light and the Gin jock like to gather around it at night Shi//ing all over the bonnet /Hood. Ok if I'm there to sort it, but over a long period it would damage the paint. That's when the cover goes on full time.

Cleaning I have never in 15+ years done myself. I always take it into local Valet place and have a full Valet. Takes 5 peeps 1 hour to do my lump. If anyone think's I'm going to spend 5 hours doing the same job single handed in this heat, their dreaming.

If they're indigenous peeps that would equate to half an hour for any pro-active person.

Archived