Criminal check from USA or Thailand?

I've been in Thailand for over 2 years and was told I would need a criminal check from the USA for my next non-b. I'm also told that the Thai police clearance would be fine. Better safe than sorry. I'll be going to KL for this Non-b.

Does anyone know a website where I can find a suitable criminal check? I'm hoping to avoid going to BKK. 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to here.

If going to KL to apply for a non-b visa for Teaching it needs to be from your home country.

"6. Certified criminal record in the applicant’s country of origin. The document must be authenticated by the embassy of its country of origin."

Source: after clicking number 6 on this page. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/99061-Visa-Requirements-II.html

Vientiane and Savannakhet will accept a Thai police clearance certificate. You can only apply for the police clearance certificate in Bangkok in person or by mail. See: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Templeton said:

what about Kota Baru, I've lived here 4 years and never needed one from my Country (U.S.). Can't find info on the site. And, how would I get one now? Fly back??? uhhh......I hope not.

Not sure what they want to apply for a non-b visa for teaching.

Perhaps contact them about it. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kotabharu/th/organize/17232-ที่ตั้งแผนที่-โทรศัพท์-อีเมล์--Contact-Us.html

1 hour ago, Templeton said:

Also, any medical exam I've ever had was complete BS. This time they plan on taking blood but only one vile so how can they test for everything they state?

They are only testing for Syphilis and Methamphetamine with the blood sample. .

When I apply for my non immigrate type O visa at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane 3 months ago I didn’t know how to satisfy the police report/no criminal background requirement. I went to the US Consulate and wrote a statement that I had no criminal record in the US and paid the Consulate $50 fee to have it notarized. The Thai consulate accepted it as did thai immigration in Chiang Khan. The consulate is not verifying my statement they are just notarizing my affidavit. I wouldn’t recommend this approach but it worked. 

10 hours ago, Templeton said:

same as OP so yes. but I have never been asked for a US clearance and I don't have one at the moment. even if I did it would be expired. but I got the same story many are familiar with if living here a while. "it depends....."

Last time I did it all they needed was a local police report from my home city cops in the USA. They issued a letter for that and all was good.  Now, everything I have read is one must have, or usually the Thais expect a Federal or National level criminal check, not just a local home city check.  Apparently there is an FBI site that offers that, and one can send them some money and register or whatever and they will do the national check.  I defer to the internet for the details and the actual website address.  There are several ways to submit your fingerprints, some sort of live scan sites as well as other physical locations?

See if the state where you had/have been living issues a criminal report ("criminal record report") Many do and they do it online. My G taught at a Government school and that is all they required. She had to join her state in the US's criminal record group  (10 $) I believe but then they checked for anything they had ben CONVICTED of. That is what a Thai school would have required 5 years ago. 

The FBI check is both time consuming (3 to 6 weeks?!!) and expensive. Don't go that way unless you really really have to. 

----------------------------------------------------

ah you a re already on the way to the consulate - never mind

Edited by LomSak27