Group representing European businesses in Thailand calls for TM.30 and TM.28 to be abolished

webfact

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It seems everyone and their dog are now on the case. Now all we need to do is hope the Thais are listening and paying attention.

'Listening' and 'Paying Attention' are not Thai's strong points at any time, regardless of the issue at hand !

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more than the TM 30, the TM 28, the cancelling of letters of income for extension renewal for most of us, and the fact that once you renew your passport you must go out of the country before the online 90 days will work again. It's also the ever present hints about the requirements for health insurance coverage that costs more than the procedures they cover and all the exclusions and the notion that Thailand feels like it's not getting enough with the 800,000 bank requirement and so now forces us to keep 400,000 in the bank all year round and 800,000 for five months. All that and laws that can be cancelled, changed, dropped, enforced, or forgotten about on a whim. That is why I not only stopped traveling a year ago within Thailand but stopped making major purchases for appliances and other goods that were getting old. I just repair and get by now on spending less than 20,000 per month, whereas I was spending 90,000 per month and more beforehand. I will not commit more than a penny I have to until this place gives me a better fix on what it has in mind for the future of all of us.

4 hours ago, MadMac said:

Nothing will happen, at least not anytime soon. People complain, immigration makes some statements, but none of these can change the actual law.

Because the law is the law.  It was written in 1979, and we can't change it because it's sacred and part of the ancient Thai history........

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

It's more than the TM 30, the TM 28, the cancelling of letters of income for extension renewal for most of us, and the fact that once you renew your passport you must go out of the country before the online 90 days will work again. It's also the ever present hints about the requirements for health insurance coverage that costs more than the procedures they cover and all the exclusions and the notion that Thailand feels like it's not getting enough with the 800,000 bank requirement and so now forces us to keep 400,000 in the bank all year round and 800,000 for five months. All that and laws that can be cancelled, changed, dropped, enforced, or forgotten about on a whim. That is why I not only stopped traveling a year ago within Thailand but stopped making major purchases for appliances and other goods that were getting old. I just repair and get by now on spending less than 20,000 per month, whereas I was spending 90,000 per month and more beforehand. I will not commit more than a penny I have to until this place gives me a better fix on what it has in mind for the future of all of us.

No not for most of you, for 3 single countries out of 192 or so countries.

You have to blame your own embassy, my embassy still does it, so are nearly all others.

4 minutes ago, Chazar said:

This is NOTHING to do with intelligence, we  like to insult them, but the reason is CONTROL and how Thailand has been run for generations.

Control of this nature is lack of intelligence - - - 

Just now, ThomasThBKK said:

No not for most of you, for 3 single countries out of 192 or so countries.

You have to blame your own embassy, my embassy still does it, so are nearly all others.

Majority of expats are from UK, US, Australia. And those are the countries effected.

10 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Majority of expats are from UK, US, Australia. And those are the countries effected.

Yes but that is because US for instance had no real checks and was not going to change that. Not sure about the UK. But my Dutch one still does it but then again they really checked the documents to make sure the applicant was not lying. 

So take it up with your embassy its not the Thais its your own country. But of course its better to slag off the Thais.

1 minute ago, madmitch said:

Confusing. The TM6 wasn't a problem for most people. I'd like to see it gone, of course, but it wasn't a big problem. It seems the TM6 was a problem for them so that's why they're scrapping it. But if they're still insisting we do the TM30, that's a big problem. Do they think by not having us have to do the TM6 that we won't mind having to do the TM30? 

19 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

What happens if we all refuse to do the TM 30 and just pay the 800 Baht fine?

That’s what I plan on doing.   They will get exactly ฿800/year from me...in coins.  I will go on vacations elsewhere (outside of Thailand) in lieu of 90 day reporting.

Enjoy your ฿800 Thailand.  Don’t spend it all in one place.

Those that submit TM 30 are likely to be "good guys" (that Thailand wants "in").  I wonder how many of the "bad guys" (that Thailand wants "out") bother to tell Thai authorities where they are living so they can be kicked out.

Answers on a postcard.....

39 minutes ago, zydeco said:

No they aren't.

And chinese, japanese and co don't write here, so it might seem as such but isnt, as it's english speaking only, not even other europeans can communicate here, most simply don't speak any english, especially older folks...

10 minutes ago, Airalee said:

That’s what I plan on doing.   They will get exactly ฿800/year from me...in coins.  I will go on vacations elsewhere (outside of Thailand) in lieu of 90 day reporting.

You and several of my friends are doing the same. Spread the word brothers.

No doubt there will be replies from those who say I should not be stirring things up. Hey, compare our <deleted> poor efforts to the protests in Hong Kong.

5 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No they aren't.

And chinese, japanese and co don't write here, so it might seem as such but isnt, as it's english speaking only, not even other europeans can communicate here, most simply don't speak any english, especially older folks...

I wasn't referring to the slave labor from Cambodia, Laos, and Myanmar. They do count, of course, but how many do you see standing in line at Chaengwattana. The slave labor work permits and visas go through a different process.

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It seems everyone and their dog are now on the case. Now all we need to do is hope the Thais are listening and paying attention.

In your dreams bring back the forigner information form remember that one

37 minutes ago, Airalee said:

It'll be interesting to see their reaction when you give them the fine in coins ????. Please report back. 

42 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

Those that submit TM 30 are likely to be "good guys" (that Thailand wants "in").  I wonder how many of the "bad guys" (that Thailand wants "out") bother to tell Thai authorities where they are living so they can be kicked out.

Answers on a postcard.....

It doesn't matter if you're a good guy or a bad guy, if you pay the fines nothing will happen to you, they are not going to arrest you. 800 , 1600 or even 5000 baht , most people can afford the fines. 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

When did they ever take notice, listen or pay attention, when they consider it outside interference?

Archived