Pattaya devastated: Farang goes down the drain and stinking water pollutes the sea

webfact

Pattaya devastated: Farang goes down the drain and stinking water pollutes the sea

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Pattaya is badly hit

More trouble has hit Pattaya - this time mother nature had her say. 

Two hours of torrential rain on Tuesday left many roads impassable to all but large vehicles.

The road by the railway in the direction of Sattahip was under more than 50 cms of water. The shallow basin collects water more than most, noted 77kaoded in their report. 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

They said that many vehicles were damaged especially in the Thappraya area where there are several roadworks. 

One foreigner with a woman on the back of his motorcycle was pictured being helped after apparently driving into a hole or a drain. 

Beach Road was passable, they said, but the water there was black and stinking. 

And it was all flowing directly into the sea. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-18

A.jpg

B.jpg

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

One foreigner with a woman on the back of his motorcycle was pictured being helped after apparently driving into a hole or a drain. 

I saw the same thing happen one day when having lunch on Soi Kaonoi when they were putting in new storm drainage. The orange cones all floated away, the water covered the drain holes and some poor guy turning into a side Soi drove straight down a huge hole. Took half a dozen people to get him and his bike out. Never ride anywhere in the rain since.

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I saw the same thing happen one day when having lunch on Soi Kaonoi when they were putting in new storm drainage. The orange cones all floated away, the water covered the drain holes and some poor guy turning into a side Soi drove straight down a huge hole. Took half a dozen people to get him and his bike out. Never ride anywhere in the rain since.

Sorta makes sense right? biking in that flood?  Jeeze

black stinking water going into the sea, whats new, most of the drains are filled with black stinking water in Thailand at any time due to all the <deleted> that is put into them. Unfortunately not many in Thailand really care about where their <deleted> goes, they throw/tip everything into drains, canals and the sea as it is easier for them, pride in their country doesnt come into it

Daily occurrence: down the drain, off a balcony, over a railing at the shopping mall, off a bar stool blind ???? drunk, under a truck or bus, into a light pole, bashed by an endearing ladyboy.

The world class resort everyone wants to visit ??????

17 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

One would imagine the shoe shops would be doing a roaring trade today,all those bar girls shoes soaked and wrecked.

I usually buy my sandals etc in the UK. I have been close to toppling over in the Pattaya rains due to not wanting to put my new footwear into that mucky water!

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

A similar thing happened to me about 23 years ago in Soi Lasalle that they were digging up. On my Honda Rebel me and first daughter, then aged about six, started being drawn into a quite ample hole during the school run to BPS. People rushed to successfully grab her from my outstretched arms as I sunk beneath the sandy mire. 

I lived.

Rooster

Regrettably, having been a design engineer for environmental engineering companies Binnie and Partners, later Thames Water in London, and Camp Dresser and Mckee in Boston, and specializing in Sewage Treatment and Storm Water collection design, I have an ominous feeling that the prodigious pipework being installed along Beach Road is not going to change a thing, except of course cause massive traffic problems over a long period of time. 

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Daily occurrence: down the drain, off a balcony, over a railing at the shopping mall, off a bar stool blind ???? drunk, under a truck or bus, into a light pole, bashed by an endearing ladyboy.

The world class resort everyone wants to visit ??????

nobody forces you to come here go to Brighton Beach instead

Archived