Pattaya devastated: Farang goes down the drain and stinking water pollutes the sea

webfact

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Daily occurrence: down the drain, off a balcony, over a railing at the shopping mall, off a bar stool blind ???? drunk, under a truck or bus, into a light pole, bashed by an endearing ladyboy.

The world class resort everyone wants to visit ??????

What do you mean by world class? perhaps your wry sense of wacky original humour. Arf Arf!  Certainly its an incredibly popular city for visitors  travellers and tourists both foreign and Thai. But as I remember September,  being the tail end of the rainy season is often characterized by floods. So although it makes for dramatic pictures and gives the medicrities a chance to carp it is in fact not really news.

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

No worries, we will all be safe and travelling by mass transit throughout Pattaya in a few years.  They can close Beach road and Sai song to all but the Chinese and India Tour buses

Pattaya trsndit.jpg

They have been talking about this dumb-ass trolly for at least 10 years now.....A trolly to the darkside.....Now that would actually be useful.....

Ahh Pattaya, the premier family resort in Thailand. A unique experience for every family. Lovely black stinking water, what could be better than that....well falling down a rat infested drain would be better, and even that can be arranged. 

How about upgrading the sewers? I.E. install some sewers that actually work....an unusual request I grant you, but I am one of those odd people who don't like tramping through sewer water whenever it rains.

4 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Ahh Pattaya, the premier family resort in Thailand. A unique experience for every family. Lovely black stinking water, what could be better than that....well falling down a rat infested drain would be better, and even that can be arranged. 

How about upgrading the sewers? I.E. install some sewers that actually work....an unusual request I grant you, but I am one of those odd people who don't like tramping through sewer water whenever it rains.

or dodging stinking dog turds outside 7-11 and the Soi's …   lol

I checked my location height on Google maps, we live out on the darkside, for reference that is around the top end of Khow Noi & Khow Talo (sorry about the spelling) the temple at the top of the hill is about 83 mtrs above sea level, you imagine all that water from yesterdays storm runs straight down hill all the way over the railway road and away to the Gulf, how many gallons of water was that ? 

Ever since they cleared all the forest to make way for yet more housing and shopping malls (yes we have one on the darkside ???? )  there is less and less land to soak up surplus water, everything is covered in concrete and will only get worse in the future as more land is cleared and concreted over.

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I checked my location height on Google maps, we live out on the darkside, for reference that is around the top end of Khow Noi & Khow Talo (sorry about the spelling) the temple at the top of the hill is about 83 mtrs above sea level, you imagine all that water from yesterdays storm runs straight down hill all the way over the railway road and away to the Gulf, how many gallons of water was that ? 

It's a lot. I used to be able to see it flowing down Nongkabork, sure as clockwork after 15-20mins I'd get reports of floods downhill.

The Khao in Noi & Talo means Hill in English. That's a clue.

41 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's a lot. I used to be able to see it flowing down Nongkabork, sure as clockwork after 15-20mins I'd get reports of floods downhill.

The Khao in Noi & Talo means Hill in English. That's a clue.

Thanks Doc, I learn something new everyday ???? 

That's because they don't go to the places you go to...rich indians will fly down every 6 months (it's a 3 hour flight from major indian cities) live in 5 star hotels, private events etc. not in sexpat central guest house or backpacker hostels. the ones you see on v.o.a. queues are probably the ones you are forming your impression based off but they are not the ones the dept of tourism is trying to attract or the ones spending money here.

Good luck that the present government, in its wisdom, has ordered three submarines which are much cheaper than fixing decades-old f"*ç%*-ups of generations of absolutely incompetent and corrupt civil engineers and their masters .........

Pattaya, being visited for its nature - maybe the Tourism Authority of Thailand will offer fishing trips along the railway road as a novelty! 

On 9/18/2019 at 2:30 PM, jaiyen said:

This is always going to happen ! Over the years rivers, klongs and ponds have been filled in and built on, and trees on the hills cut down.  So where does the natural flow of water go ?  Anywhere it wants to !

Into the very low lying areas, now built on, that were formerly swamp land.

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Good luck that the present government, in its wisdom, has ordered three submarines which are much cheaper than fixing decades-old f"*ç%*-ups of generations of absolutely incompetent and corrupt civil engineers and their masters .........

Pattaya, being visited for its nature - maybe the Tourism Authority of Thailand will offer fishing trips along the railway road as a novelty! 

Look if its done right the first time how can one make money on kickbacks the second, third, fourth time????

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Into the very low lying areas, now built on, that were formerly swamp land.

near me there were some nice lakes....shallow, but contained a lot of fish and wildlife, NOW all filled in...

water used to drain in to them...now it just flows along the roads try to find somewhere to go...

I think some kinda building will be built eventually.....

40 minutes ago, essox essox said:

near me there were some nice lakes....shallow, but contained a lot of fish and wildlife, NOW all filled in...

water used to drain in to them...now it just flows along the roads try to find somewhere to go...

I think some kinda building will be built eventually.....

You bet on it!

On 9/18/2019 at 9:38 AM, webfact said:

2pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

One foreigner with a woman on the back of his motorcycle was pictured being helped after apparently driving into a hole or a drain. 

...while at least two other, slightly more savvy foreigners stuck to the much shallower and safer nearside, furthest away from the road works... like the locals do.

23 hours ago, NanLaew said:

...while at least two other, slightly more savvy foreigners stuck to the much shallower and safer nearside, furthest away from the road works... like the locals do.

Looks like a Forza or Burgman...so he probably felt like riding BIG ???? You are right though, better ride after someone else and let them fall in first????

Archived