Porsche driver tells the cops: GPS made me do it!

webfact

Porsche driver tells the cops: GPS made me do it!

4pm.jpg

Thai caption: GPS made me do it!

A Porsche driver has come out with the excuse of the week blaming his GPS for a traffic violation that was all over Thai social media. 

The red plate (new) Porsche was caught at the weekend doing an illegal U-turn in a tunnel on Pattanakarn Road in Bangkok. 

Netizens were outraged. 

Klong Tan police used CCTV footage in the area to trace the vehicle and the owner was summoned. 

The 30 year old man told them that he was unfamiliar with the area and when the GPS told him to turn back, that is what he did. 

He was fined for the illegal turn and driving his car while it was unregistered. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-18

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I've never known one tell me to do a U turn!

Then you probably never used GPS for navigation in Thailand ????

In this case here, there was probably a U-turn above the underpass and the system told the driver to U-turn there.

But the driver didn't understand this and the system failed to understand that the driver is in the underpass.

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In this case here, there was probably a U-turn above the underpass and the system told the driver to U-turn there.

But the driver didn't understand this and the system failed to understand that the driver is in the underpass.

Or there probably isn't. If it the underpass i know.

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Common sense would tell Blind Freddy that a u turn in an underpass was unsafe!

28 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I have used one in Thailand, but not in the urban situation. Your explanation does make sense. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have used one in Thailand, but not in the urban situation. Your explanation does make sense. Thanks

Except in that location there isn't one.

In your best GPS lady voice?  "You are on the fastest route, now stick your head in a gas oven" 

24 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Except in that location there isn't one.

In your best GPS lady voice?  "You are on the fastest route, now stick your head in a gas oven" 

I don't know if there is one or not, because Google streetview doesn't have current pictures yet.

But if i ask Google for a route, suspecting that Google assumes i'm on the regular road and not on the the underpass lane, then Google tells me to U-turn exactly at the point where the car on the picture tried to U-turn:

gps.JPG.050e5f4dfd131c50c22754797108ffe6.JPG

this probably is all about the quandary a GPS faces;

when there are raised roads,

over ground level roads,

over tunnels; all running in parallel... 

but either way, this dude had better start taking life seriously!

- or very soon it will be: 'Game Over Player One"

Complete B's. As are most of the replies.

Any grownup GPS system such as you would find in a Porche will say.

'U turn in 250 metres', or whatever, never will it say 'do u turn now' unless actually at the designated u turn point.

This bloke hung a uie in the tunnel, then said 'the GPS made me do it. B.S..

Well, another seriously professional clown at the steering wheel of a Porsche!

Is it just me or are culprits NEVER at fault and always blaming someone else. 

Take Thammanat Prompao, apparently a convict of heroin smuggling in Australia, heavily denying anything - a statement which was seen different by the Australian courts. If caught in his home country he would have faced the final music with a death sentence; yet he initially blames biased media and lateron swings to the political opposition which tries to destabilize the government.

Some do it driving a Porsche, others do it while puffing up their ministerial assignment. 

In closing there might be a slight chance that a red-plated Porsche will have a different treatment than the Suzuki driver who is quite obviously in control of his driving - me thinks! 

Archived