Pakistani teacher and school owner arrested in Chumphon

webfact

Pakistani teacher and school owner arrested in Chumphon

5pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Immigration police under the leadership of Pol Lt-Col Charoenpong Khantilo along with Department of Employment officials went to a school in the Don Yang sub-district of Pathiw, Chumphon in Thailand's south yesterday. 

There they found a 50 year old Pakistani teaching without a work permit. She also did not have a passport. 

She was charged with illegal working and illegal entry into Thailand. 

The owner of the school was also arrested and charged with illegally hiring her, reported Naew Na. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-18

How can a Pakistani possibly teach acceptable English to a Thai student ? Even us native English speakers have trouble understanding them ! English teachers should be English (with the exception of Newcastle of course !), French teachers should be French, and Finnish teachers should be finished ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:
She was charged with illegal working and illegal entry into Thailand. 

The owner of the school was also arrested and charged with illegally hiring her, reported Naew Na. 

Well there's a first... wonder when it will apply to the rest of Thailand... not just the south?

7 hours ago, SteveK said:

The British-born Pakistanis still speak differently, definitely not perfect English by any stretch of the imagination. "Bruv" and "innit" are not actually English words.

Yes, but lots of native born caucasian Brits talk like that too?!????

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

The British-born Pakistanis still speak differently, definitely not perfect English by any stretch of the imagination. "Bruv" and "innit" are not actually English words.

Brits in general speak poor English, had a Brit tell me proudly "We invented the English language" my reply being American "yep, but we refined it".

24 minutes ago, MAGA 2020 said:

"yep, but we refined it".

That shoots down your comment. Hopefully it was tongue in cheek (or foot in mouth?????) I do agree with your comment about Brits and poor English though. Usually the younger ones.

As an aside. Why only the farang in the line up. Why not the school owner?

On 9/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, phantomfiddler said:

How can a Pakistani possibly teach acceptable English to a Thai student ? Even us native English speakers have trouble understanding them ! English teachers should be English (with the exception of Newcastle of course !), French teachers should be French, and Finnish teachers should be finished ????

OK phantomfiddler, who do you think taught English language in India during the British colonial time? English speakers of course, who else. Then why are Indians from colonial times until today couldn't speak English with good pronunciation ?

There are non-native speakers of English who speak very good English and capable of teaching English as a second language. Though I am not saying this particular case, the Pakistani lady is good at English language and qualified to teach because I have not met her.

There are of course Indians I met who speak impeccable English and they are not born in England. So it depends on the individuals.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, phantomfiddler said:

Even us? I am sure a Pakistani can speak better than you. Don't judge a book by a cover unless you cover just another.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, MAGA 2020 said:

Brits in general speak poor English, had a Brit tell me proudly "We invented the English language" my reply being American "yep, but we refined it".

I knew this (((English))) bold guy in the USA. He told me that I did not speak English, but American. I just did not understand why he had an American accent and talked like an American.

A lot of Pakistanis and Africans speak far better english than the farangs you see hanging out in soi bars and many of them have good qualifications. This woman obviously has a problem and no doubt was being paid very little maybe 25k/month.

Immigration is checking all gov schools in Thailand including all the whities who teach not just coloured.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, phantomfiddler said:

And Russian teachers should be in a hurry to get to school .

Archived