TM 30/28 Not Necessary

I was at Pathumthani immigration 2 weeks ago an di had to do one.  Lets hope that I/we don't have to fill anymore.  That day I waited a long time most of the staff were not there, and the ones that were there talked to the people for a long time about nothing.  When it first opened it was very quick, and less staff.  Now a lot of staff and very slow cant win for loosing

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

How can they refuse a TM28 and/or a TM30 report?

If a person on for example retirement visa moves to that province, he must submit the TM28 and the TM30, otherwise he can't do the 90 days reports and extensions. 

At 90 day reports they don’t check TM 30’s. I agree for extensions you need one.

51 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If a person on for example retirement visa moves to that province, he must submit the TM28 and the TM30, otherwise he can't do the 90 days reports and extensions.

There is no such official requirement, this is just something some immigration offices made up.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

If you do not report to CM Immigration within 24 hours to submit a TM30 when returning, you will face a hefty fine.  Thanks CM Immigration.   

I do my TM30 at the condo desk. A day later, I get my Receipt of Notification.

The tenor of your post implies you have to report to CM Immigration in person. In my case, that is incorrect.

A fine of 1900 baht is hefty? I pay more than that for a round of golf sometimes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I do my TM30 at the condo desk. A day later, I get my Receipt of Notification.

The tenor of your post implies you have to report to CM Immigration in person. In my case, that is incorrect.

A fine of 1900 baht is hefty? I pay more than that for a round of golf sometimes.

800,1600 or maybe even 2000 baht on a bad day, but not 1900. 

9 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

In protest, several friends and I myself have decided to refuse to do the TM30 at all and just pay the fine.

The whole thing is ridiculous and an insult to foreigners. Immigration officers don't want it either as it just creates more work.

Don't stop there. All of you should lie down at the entrance of your IO.

OP, what Visa is your friend in Thailand on?

Only reason I ask is there was a news article on here the other day where the Chief IO in Phuket said the TM30 wasn't required for people on Visa Exempt, Tourist Visa, Investment Visa or Work Visa - In other words only required if you're on a Non-O for Marriage or > 50

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Only reason I ask is there was a news article on here the other day where the Chief IO in Phuket said the TM30 wasn't required for people on Visa Exempt, Tourist Visa, Investment Visa or Work Visa - In other words only required if you're on a Non-O for Marriage or > 50

The TM30 has never been required anywhere for a person on 30 days visa exempt or 60 days TR. Are you sure the article was about the TM30,and not the TM28? Was it the article with the picture? 

13 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

In protest, several friends and I myself have decided to refuse to do the TM30 at all and just pay the fine.

The whole thing is ridiculous and an insult to foreigners. Immigration officers don't want it either as it just creates more work.

In protest you and your friends should pick another country to stay in. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The TM30 has never been required anywhere for a person on 30 days visa exempt or 60 days TR. Are you sure the article was about the TM30,and not the TM28? Was it the article with the picture? 

Its dependant on the office, some require a TM30 for everything, others dont care less. Jomtien immigration requires a TM30 to extend a TV or visa exempt. Otherwise a person on a 30/60 day stay wont be visiting immigration to be asked.

Its "required" by law, but may not be asked for if the local office doesn't enforce.

My local police dont care less about bike helmets, I wouldnt be saying its not required, its just not enforced locally. Over the hill in Pattaya you wont get 500 meters without a helmet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its dependant on the office, some require a TM30 for everything, others dont care less. Jomtien immigration requires a TM30 to extend a TV or visa exempt. Otherwise a person on a 30/60 day stay wont be visiting immigration to be asked.

Its "required" by law, but may not be asked for if the local office doesn't enforce.

My local police dont care less about bike helmets, I wouldnt be saying its not required, its just not enforced locally. Over the hill in Pattaya you wont get 500 meters without a helmet.

We were talking about an ordinary tourist. They NEVER visit an immigration office anywhere,hence they never have to think about the TM30,and they don't even know about the TM30. 

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Now I think about it, you're right, it was TM28 not TM30... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Retirement Visa .... surprise surprise!

On 9/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

I've never yet done one, coming and going from my village home in Kalasin province, for 6 years now. Perhaps one day my wife will get fined and I will pay, but not yet.....

On 9/20/2019 at 5:06 AM, Mike Teavee said:

You need a tm 30 if you are on visa exempt trying to extend another month. I was sent away from phuket on september 02.