Good news! Thailand to scrap TM6 cards, launch new mobile app for TM30 reporting

webfact

So the TM 6 just gets stuffed in to a warehouse even though I painstakingly fill in the address, my thai home address, where I will be going every time I enter Thailand.. perhaps after a night or two in a Bangkok or Pattaya hotel where they take a copy of my passport and presumably do  TM 30  report. So when I do go home, my Thai home, "they" lose track of me unless I, or to be correct my wife as the housemaster, do a TM 30. But they don't do they because they have that address as my address on my visa application/extension of stay. Thai mobile phone companies are required to log my passport details and, I think, my address too. So when I carry a phone with my Thai SIM in it "they"  can track me too. My wife actually refuses to have a phone anymore because she believes that "they" use it to spy on her! "They" now have the most advanced technology, so why can't "they" join it all up and give us, us being long stayers not tourists, a break?

And now apparently the TM30 is only needed if we are not staying at the address given on our visa/ extension of stay paperwork.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, shan777 said:

good idea for  the app  but take this into account one foreign condo tenant's will not be  bothered  to tell the property landlords when they go way  for  a weekend, so you  will be  fining  landlords who don't know  there  tenants  have gone  for a weekend or  a month  or what ever ? Please explain this ,also  some  Thai condo owners  wont  rent to  non Thais  because  of  this flawed system , because  they cant be  bothered  and  don't want to be  fined  because  they don't  or didn't know the tenant went some  where ,how  the hell, could they .Also owners of condos that  rent  them out  have agents , who don't tell them its a foreigner renting there condo. so this whole system is flawed. you make laws with no ideas on the backlash this will cause .Not only from visitors ,of teachers who come to work here , and  don't want this bs , and  business people who want to invest here ,who also hate this  system. that treats every one like  a  criminal . To live here ,we  provide a government police clearance , to show we Australian expats are good  guys  , we wouldn't get  that if we  weren't, I have been here  over 10 years nothing has changed . have had one  speeding ticket because  I didn't see the  sign , not committed one  offence of any kind  , yet this  tm30 has  caused me headache , to go  report I am home after a four day break , was a 3  hour round  trip not happy.

The Thai answer would probably be along the lines of:

"Dont bother, fuel for the trip will cost near 800baht, just wait to see if fined, then give us 800baht"

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

So the TM 6 just gets stuffed in to a warehouse even though I painstakingly fill in the address, my thai home address, where I will be going every time I enter Thailand.. perhaps after a night or two in a Bangkok or Pattaya hotel where they take a copy of my passport and presumably do  TM 30  report. So when I do go home, my Thai home, "they" lose track of me unless I, or to be correct my wife as the housemaster, do a TM 30. But they don't do they because they have that address as my address on my visa application/extension of stay. Thai mobile phone companies are required to log my passport details and, I think, my address too. So when I carry a phone with my Thai SIM in it "they"  can track me too. My wife actually refuses to have a phone anymore because she believes that "they" use it to spy on her! "They" now have the most advanced technology, so why can't "they" join it all up and give us, us being long stayers not tourists, a break?

And now apparently the TM30 is only needed if we are not staying at the address given on our visa/ extension of stay paperwork.

Your address doesn't have to be the address on your last extension form. You could have changed address since the application. Your official address is the last reported one when submitting the TM30.

Archived