Good news! Thailand to scrap TM6 cards, launch new mobile app for TM30 reporting

webfact

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, zydeco said:

Why is this good news? The TM 30 is still in place and the TM 6 was no inconvenience whatsoever.

The TL6 cards are stored in 2 huge warehouses that they do not look at. So why have them. Many countries are doing the same. I just left my country New Zealand to come back here no departure cards any more. It’s all electrical now.

17 hours ago, racket said:

This doesn’t resolve anything, the TM30 is still here and we will be subjected to reporting every time but if they can streamline the process and make it 10x easier is a great question. Business leaders have already lashed against TM30. 

Against all location-reporting. A visa is enough.

15 hours ago, Hal65 said:

You guys are such sour-puss's

A TM30 app would take 95% of the pain out of the process.

Not as  much as a TM30 Tm47 Tm6 bonifre would though, especially if the "Guy"  was  head  of  immigration. 

Only Brits  will understand this last part.

29 minutes ago, shaurene said:

The TL6 cards are stored in 2 huge warehouses that they do not look at. So why have them. Many countries are doing the same. I just left my country New Zealand to come back here no departure cards any more. It’s all electrical now.

thailand is still way way way behind....anything

They are finding that the cost of warehouse space is really going up in Bangkok, and there is no place to store all the paperwork anymore. Really, any progress and modernization on the part of his hapless administration and immigration is a huge step in the right direction. 

17 hours ago, zydeco said:

Why is this good news? The TM 30 is still in place and the TM 6 was no inconvenience whatsoever.

The TM 6 is an inconvenience to immigration (storage problem), while the TM 30 is an inconvenience to us. That's why the TM 6 goes and the TM 30 stays.

Well the 30 or more pages I submit along with every other married expat for marriage extension must be costing them a fortune in Warehouse space.

And they have all the info already presumably.

A one page declaration of no material change would cover that.

Assuming of course it hits a warehouse.

A printout I got from immigration had the passport page of a Lao man on the back.

15 hours ago, hansnl said:

Be nice if the whole tm30, tm28, tm47 and others would all be scrapped.

While we are at it. Let's scrap the Visas too. Along with extensions. Marriage and retirement. Goes without saying that 90 day reports should go too.  Wow! I think I just found Utopia. ❤️

17 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Exactly, and you'll need a smartphone to do it.

I was given a smartphone, not that I can see the screen, and could not see/use put an mobile App on it, someone put Line on it, cannot see to use, so never used.  

It is a phone if it ring I answer it, it is no better than my old Ericsson T28 Flip phone.. at least with the Ericsson I had a plug in key board, so much easier..

On this PC my monitor is 39"......... to use a smartphone would need 4 hands, sadly only have 2... one to hold the phone, one to hold the magnifying glass one to type the other to help steady the shaking typing arm..

The Joys of getting old

10 minutes ago, Psychic said:

Well the 30 or more pages I submit along with every other married expat for marriage extension must be costing them a fortune in Warehouse space.

I think it was your info that was printed on the backside of my latest 90 day report slip, so you don't need to worry about it costing them warehouse storage

Seems like they are throwing a potential big money maker away by scrapping the TM6.  Obviously they never did this.  But it would be relatively simple to look at hotels people were putting down on the TM6 and then checking 2 days later to see if the hotel ever reported them on TM30.

Archived