Kuala Lumpar Embassy Non B Visa - Document Authentication

Hi All

I have moved to Thailand to be with my English wife as she is teaching out here, I am a teacher myself but originally was coming out for at least a year without a job. However I have now been offered a job in a school done all the paperwork etc I now just need to leave Thailand and get a new visa as the labour office have said they will not give me a work permit on my Non O Spouse as I am not married to a Thai. 

However looking at Kuala Lumpar requirements it says your degree certificate and police check has to be verified by the embassy of origin, this was not a requirement back in the uk at the Thai embassy there when my wife came out last year. I have all the documents, letters from education office here saying please give me a 3 month non b visa etc.

Has anyone had any experience of applying for a non b teacher visa at Kuala Lumpar recently and if so has this been a strict requirement as british embassy in Bangkok won't do this anymore it would have to go to a lawyer in England, then Thai embassy and then Ministry of Foreign Affairs here!!!! Has this been a requirement elsewhere in Laos/Vietnam etc? Don't really want to have to fly all the way back to England and come back.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If the school is requesting authentication of your degree, that can only be done in the UK.

Its not the school it seems to be a requirement of Kuala Lumpar Thai embassy, when wife did it in UK last year was not required and is still not required. Education office in Thailand has already seen my qualifications and issued the letter to the embassy to say please give me a 3 month Non B.

Edited by Wiggo87
Typo

In the last couple of years, I got a tourist visa in KL and it was converted to a NON-B in Bangkok by my company's agent. Not sure if it's possible now but I do believe that most people do leave the country for Non-b's. Somehow my company's agent could get it done.

2 hours ago, Martian said:

In the last couple of years, I got a tourist visa in KL and it was converted to a NON-B in Bangkok by my company's agent. Not sure if it's possible now but I do believe that most people do leave the country for Non-b's. Somehow my company's agent could get it done.

Sadly our immigration office is in Surat and we already asked about that possibility without leaving the country and they said no.

4 hours ago, Wiggo87 said:

Sadly our immigration office is in Surat and we already asked about that possibility without leaving the country and they said no.

Unlucky. They almost certainly could do it, but it involves them in a fair bit of work which they want to avoid. If you have a good Thai intermediary (best not to try this directly yourself) to approach immigration on your behalf, around 5,000 baht (over and above he 2,000 baht for the application for the 90-day Non Immigrant entry) might well overcome their reluctance.

I suggest you contact the embassy in KL to find out exactly want they require.
The embassy in Vientiane and the consulate in Savannakhet does not require the documents or police certificate to be certified by an embassy.

Ubonjoe hi we have chatted in the past. Just to break you. I m now in CHICAGO US. ITS Thursday 9 19 070.05am. I. Was at Thai consulate yesterday to get application and ask questions to staff their. So first of all walking in is. It’s almost empty. Pic of king queen on walls and nothing else 1 worker only. He is behind glass I show him my bank statement which is photo copy and am I it’s ok. He says yes then he asked for a medical record I said I have. I asked where he lives and he bangkok I told him my address he said he is very near. He then asked why I did not do this in bangkok

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry for typos, I don’t like typing on iPad. Bust today I will go to submit my application and will ask. Perhaps in the future what if !111. Would be possible to do this in mail. And avoid medical. Police report

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

13 minutes ago, OP GUY said:

He then asked why I did not do this in bangkok

I am sure he meant a extension of stay at immigration since they do not issue OA long stay visas. Only a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country can issue them.

No sure why you chose this topic to post on since it is about getting non-b visa at the embassy in Kuala Lumpur.