What happens if don't pay speeding fine sent in post?

bkk23234

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who say they don't pay, there is no issue and laugh it off should not assume we all should. The reason you don't have an issue is because the office that is meant to sort stuff is obviously useless.

Where I am they are pretty good at chasing the money. Where our lad works, and is employed by the police, he gets demands turn up at our place quite regularly, all from camera stuff. Whether he has to pay them or not I have no idea.. ????

1 hour ago, AI5AASIA said:

For an idea of how far along things have come in recent years, take for instance the annual vehicle inspection, which is required after the vehicle reaches 8 years old, the QR code on the test certificate will take you to the DLT website giving all details of the test result. Data like braking percentage shown against each wheel, CO2 emissions result, mileage and even a photo of the car being emissions tested. That is more advanced than the UK which is considered pretty strict.

And can you direct us to a site that gives the legal maximum vehicle emissions? There may be a figure but I have never heard it quoted.

Forgive me for being somewhat skeptical but how many vehicles have you heard of being failed due to emissions testing, or any testing for that matter? 

If you have broken the speed limit and got a ticket(s), why wouldn’t you pay ? Is it the thought that they won’t catch up with you ? If you can’t tax you’re vehicle because of it and you have an accident the insurers could refuse to pay because the vehicle wasn’t road legal. Same would apply if you had no driving licence.

Foreigners are the first to complain about laws been broken here and no action taken, then they look to avoid paying the consequences when they break the law. Confused !!

Mrs. J went to Phu Tub  Beok  with her friends last year.

She got pulled over for speeding. It was in a 90 limit. She said to the Policeman I was only doing 100 and you allowed a little. He said not anymore.

Fortunately her friends clubbed together and paid the fine for her.

I had to smile when she told me. She is always saying why are you driving at 90 and I said because I  Pay the fines .

I admit I did use one of the apps On one Journey and to some extent they do work

2 hours ago, Chazar said:
18 hours ago, steve187 said:

back in the 80's they were toying with the idea to increase the 70mph limit to 80mph on UK's motorways, but said everyone drives at 80 any way so why increase it. they also dropped the 70mph on single carriageway national speed limit roads to 60mph

eh u sure  about that?

In April 1977, the government announced that the national speed limits for single-carriageway roads was to be increased to 60 mph (97 km/h) and that the 70 mph (113 km/h) speed limit was to be restored on dual-carriageways on 1 June 1977.

I just did a quick check; your '70's happened before his '80's.

In my limited experience of UK motorway driving, none of the fastest drivers are doing 70 but pushing much over 80 tends to get the attention of radar-enabled cops.

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

The tone suggest you thought you shouldnt have gotten it?

I got a speeding ticket on the 3 hour drive between Onslow and Karratha, a 3 hour drive where I never saw another car going in EITHER direction... including the bloody cop car!

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not sure you understand. When you go to tax your car or bike they will get any outstanding fines, but if you don't do that then I guess other than a knock on your door there will be no other way to collect. Not hard to connect your vehicle rego to an outstanding fine.

sorry but it's you who clearly not understand.

do you know how many laws i am breaking daily ? and as you can see, I am still here !!!

ridiculous to think that any law is enforced.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If you were caught speeding in the USA or Europe would you pay the fine ?

i  expect the answer would be yes,also the fine is a lot less here,you were

speeding just pay the fine.

regards worgeordie

I guess that you also fill a stupid TM30 form 5555555 Tm28 too ? good boy ❤️

6 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes, google speed cameras Thailand and you should find many apps. 

Driving on the 90 km an hour speed limit roads we found that they seem to work you just need to be able to read rhe kilometer post numbers.

Also, see what the rest of traffic is doiIng if they all slow down do the same.

Another option by a radar detector. 

the only reliable is Waze. I wonder why people do not use it or even thing about using anything else ?!

3 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

By the way, anybody has been to the south lately ? I am checking speed cameras as I will be over 120 most of the time. It seems that speed cameras are mostly found around towns:

Think farangs check for AK47's.....

26 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

sorry but it's you who clearly not understand.

do you know how many laws i am breaking daily ? and as you can see, I am still here !!!

ridiculous to think that any law is enforced.

Are you saying that they can't collect fines when you pay road tax. or are you saying you are just irresponsible by incurring fines in the first place and then not paying them? Bragging about how many laws you break daily fails to impress me.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I got a speeding ticket on the 3 hour drive between Onslow and Karratha, a 3 hour drive where I never saw another car going in EITHER direction... including the bloody cop car!

I got one once on the Hay Plain, not a car, tree or house in either direction for miles, yet a cop car with on-board speed camera clocked me 15 klm over the limit. That was in NSW, never did go back and never paid the fine out of principle.

27 minutes ago, plfomylo said:

By the way, anybody has been to the south lately ? I am checking speed cameras as I will be over 120 most of the time. It seems that speed cameras are mostly found around towns:

Why do you care, you don't pay fines anyway, do you?

21 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

Hoping they raise the speed limit on dual carriage way roads between cities.  90kph is a joke!

It's actually not a joke given road conditions including potholes from heavy rain, stray dogs, stray buffalo, blind intersections and dangerous drivers.

I suspect that since they are no longer requiring handing over the license  that the new application for displaying your license on the phone will record your info and you will be either issued a warrant or refused reregistering the vehicle in the future if unpaid.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not sure you understand. When you go to tax your car or bike they will get any outstanding fines, but if you don't do that then I guess other than a knock on your door there will be no other way to collect. Not hard to connect your vehicle rego to an outstanding fine.

Utter pants.

I've renewed tax on multiple cars for multiple years i've never had to pay any outstanding fines.

I must have hundreds, yes hundreds of unpaid tickets i've accumulated over the years, they go straight in the bin.

21 hours ago, steve187 said:

i bought a bike once from an auction when i went to re-register it there was a ticket attached, that had to be cleared with the police first

How do the speed camera photograph bikes, there's no camera's on the front?

Or do they have cameras that take front and back photo's?

8 hours ago, Hotrudester said:

Cannot believe your thinking on this!!!! You seem to want a law not to apply to you or apply to you one time a day only!! You are just the sort of motorist any country needs by driving too fast and could not care less about it and then complain about the circumstances when you get caught. 

Many time I read about the moronic Thai drivers on here but I am convinced you are also a member of that club!!

When in Rome.....

6 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Utter pants.

I've renewed tax on multiple cars for multiple years i've never had to pay any outstanding fines.

I must have hundreds, yes hundreds of unpaid tickets i've accumulated over the years, they go straight in the bin.

I'm surprised you bother to pay road tax when you seem to think that flaunting the law as far as fines go is OK.

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Wow, you're a real renegade aren't you?

He's not scared of silly laws / rules that have no effect whatsoever is followed or not.

Unlike you who seem to be scared of your own shadow like many on here.

Archived