What happens if don't pay speeding fine sent in post?

bkk23234

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JaiLai said:

He's not scared of silly laws / rules that have no effect whatsoever is followed or not.

Unlike you who seem to be scared of your own shadow like many on here.

As long as there are people who think like you the death toll will never change.

Have not read every post or your original question but...…..  If you are a regular TV reader you should know that police traffic tickets and vehicle registration documents have recently been merged on computer.  It will be a simple task to match your information at tax time with any outstanding tickets you may have.  Sounds as if you may have accumulated more than one.  Pay up before it is too late.  With the newly proposed point system if in place you could end up losing your driving privilege's for some time.  Also, I am 79 and you stated you were 72.  It is likely that our reaction times may have decreased slightly.  Save your 120 kph travel for the motorways before you add to the road carnage in Thailand.  The life you save could be your own.  Worse yet you could maim or kill some innocent driver or other persons.  Laws are made for the safety of the general public and should be obeyed.  Yes, I understand Thai drivers have little regard for driving safely and obeying Thai law as well as often being very aggressive on the roads.  No need for you to add to the chaos! 

1 minute ago, dlclark97 said:

Have not read every post or your original question but...…..  If you are a regular TV reader you should know that police traffic tickets and vehicle registration documents have recently been merged on computer.  It will be a simple task to match your information at tax time with any outstanding tickets you may have.  Sounds as if you may have accumulated more than one.  Pay up before it is too late.  With the newly proposed point system if in place you could end up losing your driving privilege's for some time.  Also, I am 79 and you stated you were 72.  It is likely that our reaction times may have decreased slightly.  Save your 120 kph travel for the motorways before you add to the road carnage in Thailand.  The life you save could be your own.  Worse yet you could maim or kill some innocent driver or other persons.  Laws are made for the safety of the general public and should be obeyed.  Yes, I understand Thai drivers have little regard for driving safely and obeying Thai law as well as often being very aggressive on the roads.  No need for you to add to the chaos! 

According to some cowboys here, this linking of fines and road tax is all hogwash, time will tell. Be funny when some turn up at the Transport and get hit with a few thousand in fines.

22 hours ago, bkk23234 said:

As the title states what happens if don't pay speeding fine sent in post?

We got our first one about a year ago, out of the norm, usually those roadside checks where they are looking for tea money, 100-200 slipped out to the officers hand and have a good day, off you go.

Anyways wfie walks into the local police station and says, hey, listen, my father was driving my car when he went through the red light, so sorry, I had no knowledge of this because I don't go that way, but he is poor and I have 4 kids to feed, can you please help me out brother, I have 400 baht, ok sister, we understand, you are a good citizen for coming to explain to us and pay what you can, we will therefore reduce this fine to 400 baht considering your circumstances explained to us, here is your receipt, have a good day...lol

True story, a week later that CCTV camera was taken down, why, I have no idea.

If I was you, would pay up and just take care when in other areas you are not familiar with as they are setting these cameras up all over the country and will soon be like Australia and others, and once they get a whiff of how much they are making, they will up the fines no doubt, multi billion $ industry for some government, compliments of its citizens to stay safe on the roads.

recieved several tickets in the past, didn't pay because at the time language barrier & dunno where to pay. cars titles renewed every yr no prob.... 

I even brought one expired ticket to local DLT when I was doing the tax, they said not their problem. But who knows what'll happen now, since inter-referencing dlt/police computer systems isn't that difficult.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:39 PM, JaiLai said:

He's not scared of silly laws / rules that have no effect whatsoever is followed or not.

Unlike you who seem to be scared of your own shadow like many on here.

Well said ! welcome to the club ! It seems that there are not many of us in this country. The bets evidence is all these people filling the stupid Tm30 and accepting all the BS of this country.

13 hours ago, plfomylo said:

Well said ! welcome to the club ! It seems that there are not many of us in this country. The bets evidence is all these people filling the stupid Tm30 and accepting all the BS of this country.

That reads like "bar stool" hero chat.....:unsure:

Archived