EU warns Britain heading for a no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, candide said:

Low tax and low regulation, such as in Singapore, are characteristics of a very liberal and global economic model...

Me stupid! I thought a significant share of the people who voted for Brexit did so because they were against liberalism and globalism. 

Is it possible that they have been misled? I cannot believe it!

Somehow my impression of the EU doesn't align with the ideas of "low tax" and "low regulation". But if you feel that way I'm happy for you.

Whey hey - this is what I have said for a long time.  Always said it was Germanys attempt at dominating Europe with no guns being fired.

I wish Bojo the best of luck - if he pulls us out of the EU he will be one of the great prime ministers of our time.
View from the bar.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

the thing is, here some of us (yes me included) started some antagonisms about Brexit leave not leave and deal or no deal but after all that mess is cleared up we still have everything as it was before, in one side the Brexiters and in the opposite side the Remainers, the point ?? nobody wins thus antagonize as much as you want if that makes you feel good
The mess doesn't get cleared up.

understood your point, however if and I really say IF anything is agreed upon it may not be valid/accepted by next government, thus waste of time and energy
The longer view of continued dissension and political volatility likely IMHO. Implications unstable for Sterling.

Low tax and low regulation, such as in Singapore, are characteristics of a very liberal and global economic model...

Me stupid! I thought a significant share of the people who voted for Brexit did so because they were against liberalism and globalism. 
Is it possible that they have been misled? I cannot believe it!
Good spot. The Nationalist Hard Brexiteer populists very anti globalisation. The only trade that gets them excited is old colonial stuff. With the white Dominions that is.

Yep, nailed it.

Barnier has pushed for way too much, and judging by the amount of applause this guy received it seems a lot of MEP's know it.

He may be a skilled negotiator, but if he ends up with No Deal that will be a spectacular failure on his part and will ultimately define his career. The clock is ticking, Mickey.
There have been no negotiations from Boris. Nothing on the table. Zilch. Nada. All that has come out of Boris's mouth is pretend PR. Transparent junk from Day 1. Blaming that on the EU reps rather embarrassing to suggest.

21 hours ago, CaptainNemo said:

You mean the EU will have annexed the UK?

Or will there be a General Election to flush this rotten remain anti-democratic parliament down the toilet?

As the EU is an UNION of Countries, it never annexed any territory. The UK can be a member, or.. any other inependant country, e.g. soon Scotland and.. maybe Wales.

With a GE also the opposite is possible. First act: ( of the Lid Dem gov) all ": Leave" taitors expelled of the country. THAT's British democracy: the mayority of 50% + 1 rules, so… out !

5 hours ago, david555 said:

"UK becoming the Singapore of Europe that would undermine the EU"

The E.U. would probably taking drastic measures to respond that in financial economic an trade ways … no doubt about that …..and so adding  some more to world trade war ...

Those, who think the UK can be the "Singapore" of Europe, forget a few tiny miny details:

a) Singapore has to feed a few million people, the UK a 67 million from revenues of their businesses.

b) Singapore is situated on a crossroad of sea lines, the Uk at none.

c) Singapore can do a lot of business for the underdeveloped countries around, for the EU.. have the same capacities as the UK.

d) if a neighbouring country of Singapore forbids activities in their currency.. ( THB), not many in S. will get sleepless nights, but if no €uro-transactions can be made in UK... quite some bankers will face problems. 

And quite some more.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Those, who think the UK can be the "Singapore" of Europe, forget a few tiny miny details:

b) Singapore is situated on a crossroad of sea lines, the Uk at none.

I think you need to review a maritime shipping routes map. Here:  

image.png

7 hours ago, vogie said:

It has just been mentioned on Sky News that France and Finland have given Boris just 11 days to come up with deal or it's over. Am I missing something here, isn't that what Boris wants, 'get out of jail free card'

You’re missing a basic understanding of how it all works.  

All 27 nations would have to agree to it, now what do you think the chances of Germany agreeing to that are ? 

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You really are melodramatic like so many remainers on TV.

Crashing out please.

We will be leaving the EU, not falling off the planet. why is it so many remainers are doomsday preppers and have zero courage for anything, except looking for and wanting the worst.

So on your terminology the EU will be crashing out of losing a sizeable chunk of money that the UK contributes each year. The EU will be crashing out getting there more than favourable fishing quotas from the UK waters. I could go on.

Please don’t it doesn’t do you any favours. 

So the term ‘crashing out’ isn’t used thousands of times a day in every publication for and against but it’s not appropriate for TVF? Brexit is a self inflicted car crash which has made the U.K. a laughing stock worldwide - the term is perfectly apt.

Lets hope those who lose their jobs can pay their bills with ‘courage’.

19 hours ago, Loiner said:

I hope we are getting closer to a No Deal exit.

The more we hear from Verhofstadt better. He’s the true face of the EU. If he had been given more air time in the run up to the referendum there would have been a much bigger Leave vote.

If there had been more info across the board available there wouldn’t have been a leave vote at all ! 

But tell me, genuine question, why is a no deal Brexit with the KNOWN carnage it will bring (UK govt being told just today to set aside another £60 BILLION to cover the fallout of a no deal exit) preferable to a deal ? 

It’s like a mass self harm affliction. 

Any other leavers feel feel free to provide a rational explanation 

6 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

If there had been more info across the board available there wouldn’t have been a leave vote at all ! 

But tell me, genuine question, why is a no deal Brexit with the KNOWN carnage it will bring (UK govt being told just today to set aside another £60 BILLION to cover the fallout of a no deal exit) preferable to a deal ? 

It’s like a mass self harm affliction. 

Any other leavers feel feel free to provide a rational explanation 

There’s no gain without pain.  You and I can chortle about our independence while our children’s future floats down the Swannee. Suffering is good for the soul.

3 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

There’s no gain without pain.  You and I can chortle about our independence while our children’s future floats down the Swannee. Suffering is good for the soul.

From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche (1888)

Nietzsche had a breakdown a year later in 1889 and never recovered.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche (1888)

Nietzsche had a breakdown a year later in 1889 and never recovered.

What kills you doesn’t make you stronger.  But maybe the UK will survive Brexit. In this world, anything can happen

23 hours ago, damascase said:

‘Britain is not likely to present a complete set of detailed, written proposals of how it would want the text of the existing - but stalled - Brexit deal changed before the end of the month, UK and EU sources said.’

More than 3 years and the UK is still without a plan...........

Correct. UK has no plan / no brain . 

Political profiteers , and chancers .  UK have , by the score , and more.

Farage is having his face made up , and a new Tie.    Wow , lady voters and TV gays,  just love him .?? 

Boris, well you cannot make a silk purse , out of a pigs <deleted>/ toot,   i mean ear,  typo..

On 9/18/2019 at 7:53 PM, kingdong said:

you,d have been better off asking the remain camp,when offered a general election they bottled it.

That's not true. Commie Corbyn and his Momentum SWP cronies bottled it. They hate the EU as much as the ERG but would kiss their <deleted> to get in power. Not the hardest lot to see right through.

15 minutes ago, elliss said:

Correct. UK has no plan / no brain . 

Political profiteers , and chancers .  UK have , by the score , and more.

Farage is having his face made up , and a new Tie.    Wow , lady voters and TV gays,  just love him .?? 

Boris, well you cannot make a silk purse , out of a pigs <deleted>/ toot.   Miss piggy ..

Whereas the EU crafty plan to try and pretend if you leave you still have to pay for future budget commitments (what a load of bllocks), tied to the customs union and trade, and the back stop to keep you locked in until we deem otherwise was a silk purse of a deal? Sure, if you say so.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Whereas the EU crafty plan to try and pretend if you leave you still have to pay for future budget commitments (what a load of bllocks), tied to the customs union and trade, and the back stop to keep you locked in until we deem otherwise was a silk purse of a deal? Sure, if you say so.

I reckon that most of my contract parties will take a dim view of me opting out, half way through.  Commitments are commitments, whether you regret them or not.  Commitments are commitments, whether you draw down the benefits or not.

One thing about the EU is that the other member states are bound to co-operate with us.  Afterwards, we will be heavily reliant on the goodwill that we have spent so much effort developing.

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Boris unlikely to get what he wants.

Boris, should learn dominoes . 

There are grants available, for Eaton failures ,  learning curve,  step by step, it does takes time.

Boris riding his bicycle  out of Downing Street backwards? 

Centre of gravity ..

5 hours ago, Forethat said:

I think you need to review a maritime shipping routes map. Here:  

image.png

What you're missing is the value as well as the volume of trade.

Aside from that, London is the major global financial, and a pretty important cultural centre; Singapore is a bit further down the pecking order.

I reckon that most of my contract parties will take a dim view of me opting out, half way through.  Commitments are commitments, whether you regret them or not.  Commitments are commitments, whether you draw down the benefits or not.

One thing about the EU is that the other member states are bound to co-operate with us.  Afterwards, we will be heavily reliant on the goodwill that we have spent so much effort developing.
I wouldn't expect the average Brexiteer to understand contract law.

That's not true. Commie Corbyn and his Momentum SWP cronies bottled it. They hate the EU as much as the ERG but would kiss their to get in power. Not the hardest lot to see right through.
Momentum is more an unholy alliance of Orthodox Trots and ex old-school Tankies. But yes they are anti-EU. Explains why Corbyn still wanting to hedge his bets sitting on the fence in the event of another referendum.

Three years notice (over two formal) is pretty good notice to get out of your contract. Where did that original contract say we still had to pay for their spending even after we left?

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Momentum is more an unholy alliance of Orthodox Trots and ex old-school Tankies. But yes they are anti-EU. Explains why Corbyn still wanting to hedge his bets sitting on the fence in the event of another referendum.

Well I may have the wrong impression but I don't see them quite like that. The huge surge in Momentum membership came early in the Corbyn leadership, and it was predominantly young people, students and the like. They were enthusiastic but probably most wouldn't have been able to name any of Trotsky's ideals. Yes Momentum have been infiltrated by ex SWP and MI (Syphilitic Wank#rs Party, and Malignant Idiocy) which Corbyn has made no effort to stop, but the infiltrators are a small minority. The last survey I read is that the members (Not the leaders)  of Momentum were 75%+ against Brexit. Corbyn surrounds himself with a small group of Europhobes, but the shadow cabinet have enough sense to see the horrendous implication of a hard Brexit for the working man, and are dragging him to his senses, in his case a Herculean task. 

Well I may have the wrong impression but I don't see them quite like that. The huge surge in Momentum membership came early in the Corbyn leadership, and it was predominantly young people, students and the like. They were enthusiastic but probably most wouldn't have been able to name any of Trotsky's ideals. Yes Momentum have been infiltrated by ex SWP and MI (Syphilitic Wank#rs Party, and Malignant Idiocy) which Corbyn has made no effort to stop, but the infiltrators are a small minority. The last survey I read is that the members (Not the leaders)  of Momentum were 75%+ against Brexit. Corbyn surrounds himself with a small group of Europhobes, but the shadow cabinet have enough sense to see the horrendous implication of a hard Brexit for the working man, and are dragging him to his senses, in his case a Herculean task. 
Corbyn has made no effort to stop because he is an essential part of it. Never mind the foot soldiers, the entryist dynamic equivalent bunch of left-wing populist nutters as the loon Brexiteers on the right. The prime hope of defeating no-deal is within the current Parliament. Looking towards some future Corbyn-led government is for the birds

Archived