EU warns Britain heading for a no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Please don’t it doesn’t do you any favours. 

You obviously didn't understand what my meaning was.

9 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

But tell me, genuine question, why is a no deal Brexit with the KNOWN carnage it will bring (UK govt being told just today to set aside another £60 BILLION to cover the fallout of a no deal exit) preferable to a deal ? 

Well the EU's deal so far is keeping the UK tied to the EU which is not what the referendum outcome was about as David Cameron the Prime Minister at the time said we would leave the CU, SM, ECJ etc.

So 60 Billion is already half paid if we left with no deal. The carnage as you say if it happens would be worth it, to be free from the EU shackles and be able to trade with who we want. Fish in our own waters and stop paying to a load of freeloading countries in the EU.

27 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well the EU's deal so far is keeping the UK tied to the EU which is not what the referendum outcome was about as David Cameron the Prime Minister at the time said we would leave the CU, SM, ECJ etc.

So 60 Billion is already half paid if we left with no deal. The carnage as you say if it happens would be worth it, to be free from the EU shackles and be able to trade with who we want. Fish in our own waters and stop paying to a load of freeloading countries in the EU.

So why are so many Brexiteers telling us that there were only 2 questions on the ballot sheet, Remain or leave and leave means leave by whatever means. Now you are saying that leave doesn't just mean leave, it means leave with a whole load of qualifications that you want. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Leave means leave, Norway option, Canada option, May's deal or no deal, leave means leave.

BTW. Under May's deal we would leave the SM, CU and ECJ after a period of time when certain criteria are satisfied, most estimates are 3-5 years, Johnson's estimate is 2 years, but we would eventually leave under the same terms as a no deal Brexit, just less damaging for the economy.

Also it's a nonsense to suggest that we wouldn't have to pay the divorce bill if we had a no deal Brexit. It's owed, we will be paying it.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

So why are so many Brexiteers telling us that there were only 2 questions on the ballot sheet, Remain or leave and leave means leave by whatever means. Now you are saying that leave doesn't just mean leave, it means leave with a whole load of qualifications that you want. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Leave means leave, Norway option, Canada option, May's deal or no deal, leave means leave.

BTW. Under May's deal we would leave the SM, CU and ECJ after a period of time when certain criteria are satisfied, most estimates are 3-5 years, Johnson's estimate is 2 years, but we would eventually leave under the same terms as a no deal Brexit, just less damaging for the economy.

Also it's a nonsense to suggest that we wouldn't have to pay the divorce bill if we had a no deal Brexit. It's owed, we will be paying it.

it is even spread over 45 years …., not a 1 time lump sum payment 

2019-09-20_080632.png

it is even spread over 45 years …., not a 1 time lump sum payment 
2019-09-20_080632.png.25bb9caf8675c9eabbcc63e62fe67c7a.png

Bulk of the extortion is within the first couple of years. Not that the EU is legally entitled to it anyway, but our Remainers driven extended membership has already paid much of those costs.

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

...'er what was I saying about the average Brexiteer not understanding contract law? Lo and behold one comes along and treads in it. emoji1782.png

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And then there is, of course, the average Remainer forum warrior who thinks he knows contract law...good heavens. 

May I suggest you do what the experts do - allow for a bit of humbleness until the matter has been settled by ICJ?

You see, not even the experts can say for sure whether the UK needs to pay the alleged divorce bill of £39B.

In every expert's opinion, anyone who claims to "understand" contract law and tell for sure what UKs legal obligations are in respect to Brexit, is exactly that - someone who doesn't understand contract law.

No. Not owed, as confirmed by our best legal advice.
In fact, due to our extended membership, much of the disputed sum has already been paid. We’ll be due another rebate when we Leave!

6 minutes ago, Loiner said:

In fact, due to our extended membership, much of the disputed sum has already been paid. We’ll be due another rebate when we Leave!

by your legal service …. there is also the opposite side ...like in any dispute ….

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Corbyn has made no effort to stop because he is an essential part of it. Never mind the foot soldiers, the entryist dynamic equivalent bunch of left-wing populist nutters as the loon Brexiteers on the right. The prime hope of defeating no-deal is within the current Parliament. Looking towards some future Corbyn-led government is for the birds

The phrase Left-wing populist (Nutters) is an oxymoron. The (Far) left wing have never been popular with the general public let alone populist IMO, and the left wing not since Wilson. A Labour Party that was well to the left of Blair (Easy) would be refreshing, if they got rid of their more nutty economic policies, and Corbyn who is inadequate. The prime hope of defeating no-deal is within the current Parliament..............agree completely. Right now it's softly softly catchee monkey.

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Take it to arbitration.
In a proper court, not your Mickey Mouse ECJ which is another major Leave reason.

Unfortunally this is ECJ  territory case as a internal E.U membership  , same court who gave the U.K. unilaterally the right to revoke A50 on a British side request so quit neutral to trust ….

The phrase Left-wing populist (Nutters) is an oxymoron. The (Far) left wing have never been popular with the general public let alone populist IMO, and the left wing not since Wilson. A Labour Party that was well to the left of Blair (Easy) would be refreshing, if they got rid of their more nutty economic policies, and Corbyn who is inadequate. The prime hope of defeating no-deal is within the current Parliament..............agree completely. Right now it's softly softly catchee monkey.
Dreaming about a Labour Party that isn't in the here and now and nor is it likely to return to the straight and narrow any time soon is no reason to hang on to the current Party coat tails. The same goes for the Tory Party. Both Parties currently run by nutters on a mission. Waiting for the day when the sun shines again? Good luck with that. In the meantime the current Parliament has an opportunity. Hopefully they won't drop the ball.

Hard Brexiteers and the legal system is so much oil and water. Supreme Court, High courts: all Enemies of the People.

And then there is, of course, the average Remainer forum warrior who thinks he knows contract law...good heavens. 

May I suggest you do what the experts do - allow for a bit of humbleness until the matter has been settled by ICJ?

You see, not even the experts can say for sure whether the UK needs to pay the alleged divorce bill of £39B.

In every expert's opinion, anyone who claims to "understand" contract law and tell for sure what UKs legal obligations are in respect to Brexit, is exactly that - someone who doesn't understand contract law.
The usual Hard Brexiteer waffling it all away.

Notwithstanding the current Hard Brexiteer distractions, the current game in play other than the Supreme Court deliberations is the amusing split between the Brexiteers telling us that no-deal is the only deal and Boris supposedly pushing for a deal. The Conspiracy crew must be getting a little twitchy.

18 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Notwithstanding the current Hard Brexiteer distractions, the current game in play other than the Supreme Court deliberations is the amusing split between the Brexiteers telling us that no-deal is the only deal and Boris supposedly pushing for a deal. The Conspiracy crew must be getting a little twitchy.

The usual Limp Remainer flim-flamming.

Sent from my LRD-BSA001

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

there are always two (2) versions to a fact and our legal adviser doesn't agree with yours 555

11 hours ago, SheungWan said:

the loon Brexiteers on the right.

Wow... that's a lot of loons... I mean, millions... polling and analysis from academics and assorted trainspotters in this field reports the largest part of the electorate favour no deal. They must be wrong, because they're not listening to people like you who know much more than them.

With so many millions of people less intelijunt than you, how do you get them to vote the correct way? i.e.: your way? Should we just not trouble them with confusing things like that, and just help them by voting for them? We don't want to let evil far-right loons to get FTAs with the growing economies of the world.

I mean, some of these silly Leave voters believe they are the centre and Remainers are extremists, just because there's more of them than anyone else! Everyone knows that the Remainers are the centre, because they're clevererer, and their votes are worth twice as much, or something.

15 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Momentum is more an unholy alliance of Orthodox Trots and ex old-school Tankies. But yes they are anti-EU. Explains why Corbyn still wanting to hedge his bets sitting on the fence in the event of another referendum.

Momentum want to take us all back to year zero and the remain camp are helping them do it,carefull what you wish for.

Wow... that's a lot of loons... I mean, millions... polling and analysis from academics and assorted trainspotters in this field reports the largest part of the electorate favour no deal. They must be wrong, because they're not listening to people like you who know much more than them.

With so many millions of people less intelijunt than you, how do you get them to vote the correct way? i.e.: your way? Should we just not trouble them with confusing things like that, and just help them by voting for them? We don't want to let evil far-right loons to get FTAs with the growing economies of the world.

I mean, some of these silly Leave voters believe they are the centre and Remainers are extremists, just because there's more of them than anyone else! Everyone knows that the Remainers are the centre, because they're clevererer, and their votes are worth twice as much, or something.
Nice wordy attempt at equating Leave votes with no-deal, but falls over as does all the others.

Momentum want to take us all back to year zero and the remain camp are helping them do it,carefull what you wish for.
Actually the difference between Momentum and the Hard Brexiteers is that Momentum want to take us back to the 1970s and Hard Brexit wants us back in the 1950s. Fantastic choice.

Archived