EU warns Britain heading for a no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Actually the difference between Momentum and the Hard Brexiteers is that Momentum want to take us back to the 1970s and Hard Brexit wants us back in the 1950s. Fantastic choice.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A step up from Limp Remainers who want to take us back to 1939, then.

Sent from my WFC-IPD001

21 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The appalling thing is that even if some way was found around the Backstop, the Hard Brexiteer nutters would still prefer to drive over the cliff. They actually want to crash and burn.

Oh Hello! It's the "all others but me are nutters" deflection card. Again.

Sent from my MDND-WAFM0023

13 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Oh Hello! It's the "all others but me are nutters" deflection card. Again.

Sent from my MDND-WAFM0023

An observation from someone who routinely insults Remainers. Such as:

"A step up from Limp Remainers who want to take us back to 1939, then."

Hypocritical much?

5 hours ago, Forethat said:

And then there is, of course, the average Remainer forum warrior who thinks he knows contract law...good heavens. 

May I suggest you do what the experts do - allow for a bit of humbleness until the matter has been settled by ICJ?

You see, not even the experts can say for sure whether the UK needs to pay the alleged divorce bill of £39B.

In every expert's opinion, anyone who claims to "understand" contract law and tell for sure what UKs legal obligations are in respect to Brexit, is exactly that - someone who doesn't understand contract law.

I realise that I'm replying to TVs answer to Mr Humphries, an astronaut and the World's leading expert on contract law but may I respectfully submit M'Lud, that ,as you will already no doubt be aware, as you are on the Brexit negotiating team, the governments best advice is that, as the EU made large concessions in negotiating the divorce settlement, that taking the matter to court would be very unwise as the court is likely to find that we owe far more than 39bn. Really surprised that you didn't know that.

Fore!

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

No. Not owed, as confirmed by our best legal advice.
In fact, due to our extended membership, much of the disputed sum has already been paid. We’ll be due another rebate when we Leave!

What legal advice? The barrack room lawyer you sit next to in Spoonies?

What legal advice? The barrack room lawyer you sit next to in Spoonies?

So have you got that Clause for me yet?

My colleagues in Wetherspoons will all enjoy a learned chuckle when it appears. A pint of John Smith’s Bitter at £1.99 makes for a very convivial atmosphere to review Contracts. Is that now cheaper than your small bottle of Chang on a mosquito infested concrete bench?

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So have you got that Clause for me yet?

My colleagues in Wetherspoons will all enjoy a learned chuckle when it appears. A pint of John Smith’s Bitter at £1.99 makes for a very convivial atmosphere to review Contracts. Is that now cheaper than your small bottle of Chang on a mosquito infested concrete bench?

What clause would that be?

I'm obviously not as tight as you. I prefer a pint of draught Hophouse in Wetherspoons. Only ever bought one bottle of Chang in my life. Never again.

No concrete benches for me I'm afraid. Really comfortable seating in my bar. Air con and a young lady on each arm.

I'm obviously not as tight as you. I prefer a pint of draught Hophouse in Wetherspoons. Only ever bought one bottle of Chang in my life. Never again.

No concrete benches for me I'm afraid. Really comfortable seating in my bar. Air con and a young lady on each arm.

The small print your mate SheungWan says we have to read before terminating the Contract.
Come on tag team Remainers.

Take it to arbitration.
In a proper court, not your Mickey Mouse ECJ which is another major Leave reason.
As opposed to the UK High Courts and Supreme Court which have prior been denounced as Enemies of the People by Hard Brexiteers when decisions have gone against them. Any suggestion that Brexiteers are committed to a legal process in the UK is bogus.

11 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

No need for a Zimmer frame then...????

All self inflicted by the EU bring it on, If they had acted like Adults and actually put some positive input into the negotiations  things could have been better, But their nastiness to try and stop Britain leaving is all to prevalent for the world to see,  So Britain is doing the right thing, In leaving a corrupt Political Quango.

Just now, Thongkorn said:

All self inflicted by the EU bring it on, If they had acted like Adults and actually put some positive input into the negotiations  things could have been better, But their nastiness to try and stop Britain leaving is all to prevalent for the world to see,  So Britain is doing the right thing, In leaving a corrupt Political Quango.

Does that translate to, "Cutting your nose off to spite your face"?

The small print your mate SheungWan says we have to read before terminating the Contract.
Come on tag team Remainers.
If there is one thing Hard Brexiteer followers have difficulty understanding (or rather dismiss as it doesn't chime with their nationalist nostrums) is legal first principles as it applies to contracts. Contractual obligation. They are always the guys who, whether with mortgages, home, car and travel insurance, get irritated by the small print. The stupidity in this case is that defaulting has a knock-on effect. Not that our HB friends care even about this. Anything economic is acceptable collateral damage. We have have seen that with their response to Sterling's slide.

6 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

Well, the EU is still waiting - more than 3 years now - for some positive input by the UK, apparently. Nobody tries to stop the UK leaving. If you want out, please go, but don’t blame it on others.

If there is one thing Hard Brexiteer followers have difficulty understanding (or rather dismiss as it doesn't chime with their nationalist nostrums) is legal first principles as it applies to contracts. Contractual obligation.

So where is your small print? Which of the original COC defines obligations on payments due when Leaving the EU?

1 hour ago, damascase said:

Well, the EU is still waiting - more than 3 years now - for some positive input by the UK, apparently. Nobody tries to stop the UK leaving. If you want out, please go, but don’t blame it on others.

We are going, then you can relax chum....

23 hours ago, Forethat said:

A step up from Limp Remainers who want to take us back to 1939, then.

Sent from my WFC-IPD001

Er  I think you will find June 22nd 2016 will be more than enough. Tis you lot who want to refight wars from long ago with mythic germanic dragons in some bizarre sub-Fawlty Towers sketch. 

I  do so worry about dear Mr Loiner though he has been been taken to the altar twice already for his divorce wedding. I fear a third time could have him ending up like Miss Havisham  cursed to be jilted by Madame Brexit for the rest of his days....incidentally I have seen Malagateddy elsewhere but not here as the double or quits deadline approaches.....

12 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Er  I think you will find June 22nd 2016 will be more than enough. Tis you lot who want to refight wars from long ago with mythic germanic dragons in some bizarre sub-Fawlty Towers sketch. 

You have an apt avatar....Funny too...

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I  do so worry about dear Mr Loiner though he has been been taken to the altar twice already for his divorce wedding. I fear a third time could have him ending up like Miss Havisham  cursed to be jilted by Madame Brexit for the rest of his days....incidentally I have seen Malagateddy elsewhere but not here as the double or quits deadline approaches.....

Third time lucky. And I have a different Registrar this time, one who isn't trying to trick me into still being wedded to the EU monster, but handing me an annulment paper that the ex-doesn't recognize and still wants my money under her rules.

The laws of probability are on my side this time.

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That reads like a Dianne Abbot speech...????

It does appear the splendid Brexiteers  and the irush  are as one on backstop,what a completely  and useful tool for Boris ,one he could not have dreamed of at start of his premiership,wonderful achievement Boris,hoping many people keep on congratulating him,a marvelous achievement.

Now The Daily Telegraph did state the "useful idiots" and by golly its proved to be,now just a smooth ride down to exit day  clean cut, no deal,what a marvellous achievement, Well done Boris

Archived