British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, interfering with her passport pages, and hoping it was alright.

Could be charged with violation from UK.

One would think a working woman would have more street smarts than this.

Perhaps her plastic surgeon will give her a discount for use of her pics in the "filthy cell".

News flash lady it isn't the Ritz Carlton

Did she have required work permit for "modelling"??

I feel so distressed for her suffering after having altered her Passport by herself some years ago and believing she can do this without problems from Authorities occuring! Plus she had to endure 24 hours in a cell. Oh the poor dear! 

I will not be my usual self this morning as her stupid antics and childish complaints have started my day with a big smile. A model with more than a few bricks short of a full load.

9 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Great promotion for Thailand - Land of "Smiles"! Maybe the TAT could start a new campaign: "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cockroaches", or "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cop Terror"...

Everyone knows if a passport is damaged lt must be renewed. The problem is how was she allowed to board a plane with pages missing from her passport.

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Although they get a lot of criticism on here, the immigration were quite correct to deny her entry, being in possession of a damaged/altered passport.

The question should be asked as to how she was allowed on the plane that brought her here in the first place.

Also it certainly looks as if she was coming without a visa so she would have been working  illegally as well. 

I could care less about her denied entry. Because of her stupidity. 

But this is exactly why thailand is loosing so many tourists. Social media. Its killing thai tourism.

Why because everyone under 50 uses it. Thailand needs to loose the guy who keeps shooting thailand in the foot.

Personally i hope this kind of news keeps more tourists away. There are far too many here already. 

so she cuts 2 pages out of her passport and complains when she gets detained.

I agree. In these days where security is, rightly or wrongly, a hot topic in many parts of the world and there is more transnational crime, I think having, using or traveling on an altered passport is just a bad move and if/when discovered, will be hard to just “explain away”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A British Instagram model claims she was locked up for 24 hours by Thai police who discovered she was missing two passport pages.

Even for an Instagram model the laws are valid, you eliminate or you have to remove pages from your passport (official document belonging to the country from which you received it) you end up in jail for the necessary period for the control!
Your horror stories are not news, the police in Thailand are civilized, cockroaches are a food, for many Thai delicious! ????

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Lacey Montgomery-Henderson claims she was treated 'like an animal' by police in Thailand.

It gives me the impression that it is one of the many that comes to Thailand to test the terrain in the "Artistic" context! ????

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

An instagram influencer model is really a nice way of describing a unemployed self entitled snow flake millennial.shes messed with her passport and we all know what happens but this new breed seem to think they are above everyone else..what's the betting she didn't have a work permit too.

dont forget to add, talentless and narcistic

18 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Everyone knows if a passport is damaged lt must be renewed. The problem is how was she allowed to board a plane with pages missing from her passport.

AFAIK check-in staff are only required to check there's a valid visa (if necessary) in the passport. They can't surely be responsible for examining the passport to check every page (including blank ones) are correct?

So many hateful, negative, assuming and cruel posters on TVF. I suspect it is a result of substance abuse, addiction, neglect while growing up, mental illness or a combination of those things. Notifications of replies from such creatures is disabled.

10 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Well, I guess we can all agree she has a nice pair of..............rings on her fingers.

She certainly has a lot of influence,   over what, I am not sure.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lacey+Montgomery-Henderson&sxsrf=ACYBGNTDEYLa3R-DgBkbLvJr_pAP0jHFVw:1568816640079&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjnwLK0ydrkAhU273MBHfv-BcMQ_AUIEigB&biw=1536&bih=722

they are definitely  fake.......the rings of course. 

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

When people remove pages from their passport it's virtually never because liquid was spilled on them.

They do it to hide visas, caches or official notations to do with their behavior in a country.

It also makes their passport void, and all travel would be refused if the damage was noticed.  Any (every) country would refuse entry. . 

This is what I was thinking as well. Passports are pretty tough. Accidentally damaging 2 pages with liquid, so badly, that they should be removed is very suspicious. At the very minimum she should have kept the remains of the 2 pages as proof. She can't even claim she didn't have time to get a replacement. 

In her defense I wouldn't have thought she was likely to do a runner so maybe a 3 day visa would have allowed her time to arrange a flight home, rather than locking her up, unless she was playing up at immigration.

You can not tamper with a passport, you pay for it but a passport remains the property of the issuing country. You can't remove pages or use sticky tape to repair a torn page or it's been tampered with and will be cancelled and no refund and I know this from experience, thanks to the Filipino IO who showed it to the Indian IO at Sydney Airport and this was explained to me by a Chinese IO who I couldn't understand. 

9 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

That Camel Toe though....

Seriously, no sympathy. You cut two pages out of your passport? And you're supposedly a respected Instagram Model who travels? Refused entry for damaged passport. 'nuff said

Camels are know to Spit!   could explain the damp pages...

Here is the "unsensationalised" version of the story:

"Unemployed British citizen intending to work illegally in Thailand arrives at Suvarnabhumi with a defaced and/or altered passport and is denied entry as she is not in possession of a valid travel document.  She is held in Suvarnabhumi immigration detention until British Airways, her arrival carrier, can arrange for her return to the UK."

Nothing that wouldn't happen in a hundred other countries in the same circumstances.  I am not generally an apologist for Thai Immigration but I fail to see how this person was wronged.

I am hereby announcing that I am no longer just going to be a retired old guy in Thailand 

I am now going to be an instagram model.

Does anyone want me to sponsor their products 

Hoping that reps for San Miguel and a happy ending massage spa are interested.  

Archived