British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

I am hereby announcing that I am no longer just going to be a retired old guy in Thailand 

I am now going to be an instagram model.

Does anyone want me to sponsor their products 

Hoping that reps for San Miguel and a happy ending massage spa are interested. 

Cut it out!

Not not your passport pages though.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really would like to know how many of the key board warriors here throwing c*** on her, are in reality dreaming of spending a night with her ?

Story true or exaggerated, it definitely does not help to promote tourism in Thailand. I believe that such a "huge crime" easily could have been handeled

with much more delicacy, specially when £ and British tourism are down as never before. But someone would have had to think prior to acting.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Really would like to know how many of the key board warriors here throwing c*** on her, are in reality dreaming of spending a night with her ?

Story true or exaggerated, it definitely does not help to promote tourism in Thailand. I believe that such a "huge crime" easily could have been handeled

with much more delicacy, specially when £ and British tourism are down as never before. But someone would have had to think prior to acting.

The big thing here is that you have a wannabe that is trying to make name for herself.  I hve heard of many people being held in immigratin detention but none have complained about cockroaches and filth..

She came into the country with a invalid passport.  

She thought that her beauty and her profile as a Insta model would make her some money with Thais trying to promote their location or hotel.

She got sent home for her troubles and instead of saying that she screwed up and learned a lesson she needs to keep herself in the public eye so she makes accusations.

Where are the pictures last I remember hearing is that they let you keep your phone or has that changed.

11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Instagram model is another term for, someone I have never heard of.

She has a pair of great credentials which should have guaranteed entry.

However making alterations to a passport is not a very smart move no matter what the reason.

11 hours ago, steve187 said:

so she cuts 2 pages out of her passport and complains when she gets detained.

Totally her own fault you don't personally cut or change anything in a passport document, if so you are just asking for trouble and that is what happened locked up, not treated as an animal but treated as a criminal.

Now she's is looking for Cheap Publicity showing her camel toe seeing she is unemployed.

Is that her passport photo?....LOL

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Although they get a lot of criticism on here, the immigration were quite correct to deny her entry, being in possession of a damaged/altered passport.

The question should be asked as to how she was allowed on the plane that brought her here in the first place.

From the tabloid article linked in the OP: "The model left Scotland on Sunday for a flight to Heathrow before travelling onto Bangkok."

Nobody checks UK passports on departure from UK.

Am I the only one who does not really "get" social media? An instagram model? Give me a break. What does that even mean? She has a few thousand "followers" on Instagram and she is somehow famous? A friend of mine is constantly telling me about these "famous" bloggers on Youtube. They have 3 million followers. When they go out into the street, they are mobbed. What kind of world do we live in now? Having a lot of followers on social media makes you a celebrity?

Any what about this whole "influencer" thing? What is that all about? Is there such a desperation to fit in, and be cool, that these people can actually sway what people think, do, and buy? Did anyone see Frye Fraud? It was a very good expose on the sheer vapidity of social media culture. 

I realized that this forum could be referred to as social media in an abstract sense. But, at least there is some actual content here and some fairly articulate posts. 

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who does not really "get" social media? An instagram model? Give me a break. What does that even mean? She has a few thousand "followers" on Instagram and she is somehow famous?

They sell sexier (aka naked) photos to their followers (aka patreons).

Apparently they can make far more money than from a normal job, without having to provide 'physical services'.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who does not really "get" social media? An instagram model? Give me a break. What does that even mean? She has a few thousand "followers" on Instagram and she is somehow famous? A friend of mine is constantly telling me about these "famous" bloggers on Youtube. They have 3 million followers. When they go out into the street, they are mobbed. What kind of world do we live in now? Having a lot of followers on social media makes you a celebrity?

Mike; can I suggest that you are slightly behind the times. The younger amongst us are more internet savvy. I'm not talking about research but, they get their inspiration and information from these superstars. They hang on their every word and action.

There is also serious dosh to be earned. 

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Mike; can I suggest that you are slightly behind the times. The younger amongst us are more internet savvy. I'm not talking about research but, they get their inspiration and information from these superstars. They hang on their every word and action.

There is also serious dosh to be earned. 

Younger ones :savvy

Elders: suave  

IO posse: salivating 

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Any what about this whole "influencer" thing? What is that all about? Is there such a desperation to fit in, and be cool, that these people can actually sway what people think, do, and buy?

A member of the K family (a clan of American exhibitionists) is a billionaire due to her internet influence.  Supposedly.

One of the girls involved in the US college admissions scandal had told her mother she didn't want to go to college, she wants to be an internet influencer.

Conformity and exhibitionism, and of course narcissism, are very much part of the new generation, worldwide.  They just can't take enough pictures of themselves.

11 hours ago, happy chappie said:

An instagram influencer model is really a nice way of describing a unemployed self entitled snow flake millennial.shes messed with her passport and we all know what happens but this new breed seem to think they are above everyone else..what's the betting she didn't have a work permit too.

But what stamps were in the 2 removed pages, correct procedure but how has she travelled around since the pages were removed ?

She defaced her passport by cutting out 2 pages.  No evidence of what was on those pages.  I'm sure everyone knows that your passport needs to be replaced after any damage.  The Thai authorities were within the law.  As someone pointed out, how has she been travelling with it for so long.

'Instagram Model' but obviously not the sharpest pencil in the box!

Archived