British Instagram model 'locked up in filthy Bangkok cell' over 2 passport pages

snoop1130

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Am I the only one who does not really "get" social media? An instagram model? Give me a break. What does that even mean? She has a few thousand "followers" on Instagram and she is somehow famous? A friend of mine is constantly telling me about these "famous" bloggers on Youtube. They have 3 million followers. When they go out into the street, they are mobbed. What kind of world do we live in now? Having a lot of followers on social media makes you a celebrity?

Any what about this whole "influencer" thing? What is that all about? Is there such a desperation to fit in, and be cool, that these people can actually sway what people think, do, and buy? Did anyone see Frye Fraud? It was a very good expose on the sheer vapidity of social media culture. 

I realized that this forum could be referred to as social media in an abstract sense. But, at least there is some actual content here and some fairly articulate posts. 

Pay per view probably

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Chivas said:

What the hell is an instagram influencer meant to mean ??  She drugged up ??

An Instagram influencer is a marketing scam artist who will convince businesses to give them something for free, with a view to them “influencing” their Instagram followers to buy something from that business.

They are basically free loaders, glorified beggars.

3 minutes ago, taxin said:

An Instagram influencer is a marketing scam artist who will convince businesses to give them something for free, with a view to them “influencing” their Instagram followers to buy something from that business.

They are basically free loaders, glorified beggars.

And this one is not particularly  bright by the fact that the "amendment" to the passport was done by her.

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Although they get a lot of criticism on here, the immigration were quite correct to deny her entry, being in possession of a damaged/altered passport.

The question should be asked as to how she was allowed on the plane that brought her here in the first place.

Seriously? How many times have you had someone look through every page of your passport when LEAVING your own country? Me- never.

1 minute ago, CelticBhoy said:

Back off, lads. She's Glaswegian.

If she gets a whiff of these negative comments she'll come down on each of you like a ton of bricks.

Not with those lips, they don't move too well and the breasts preclude movement as well.

14 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Great promotion for Thailand - Land of "Smiles"! Maybe the TAT could start a new campaign: "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cockroaches", or "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cop Terror"...

LOS (Land of Smiles) -how about "Land of Stupidity"

Great promotion for Thailand - Land of "Smiles"! Maybe the TAT could start a new campaign: "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cockroaches", or "TLC: Thailand - Land of Cop Terror"...

If that makes sure all those Instagram influencers stay away then please go ahead! 

She felt like she was in hell , if you take away her mirror or lipstick , she already feels like she's in hell and if you take away her phone she will probably die of a hart attack that same moment . As the other posters say , dont feel sorry for the nitwit , she knows about the damage to her passport for years already , could have got a new one but probably to busy with her phone, so must not have had the time to do so . These girls dont even know what a cockroach looks like , might have been a mosquito .

Cop terror??? What did she expect when she traveled to a foreign land without proper documents???? a Royal recetion at the airport because she is an instagram model ????,whatever the f... that "job" is.

Immigration were correct. Her passport was invalid but UK officials  won't spot it as they simply look at your ID page . She knew.

Instagram model ? What is that?

Maybe she tore out pages that had stamps she didn't want  officials to see. 

What was her real reason for being in Bangkok?

From the original article: "Lacey was allowed to keep her phone during the time in the cell and added that she kept her sanity by messaging people who connected with her through the app. "

So she gets cockroaches and USB charging.  Did they charge her for the charge?

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Instagram model is another term for, someone I have never heard of.

One of the US television channels has a series about people telling their story of being locked up abroad ...may-be she just wanted to be a star one of the next episodes?????

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

She amended here passport and you still blame the Thais. Better promotion of schooling system of the country she is coming from.   

4 hours ago, jerojero said:

Ok, she's got a bod and learnt how to post pics on the internet. Then what? Exactly nothing. Sheesh!

Haha... she does have a bod, if you're into spoilers, side skirts, rear wings, grilles and gills, oversized wheels and that sort of thing/bod. To each his/her own, I guess... lol

Archived