Noise and flashes 4:30am - 5am heard and seen just south of cm airport

hobz

It's shaking my house and flashing like thunder.

First I assumed it was the military air planes making Sonic booms. But then I realized there's these flashing lights, so I thought maybe it's thunder.

But I never heard thunder like this.

Is it a mix of both or what is going on? Anyone recognize?

Figured I wasn't going back to sleep so got up and made coffee. I live in the south end, but not the airport so noisy, but just noisy. If it detonates right above you It can be frighteningly loud. A long long time ago, I lived in the valley of the Pa Sack, I thought there had been an explosion in town, so did most of the towns people too. 

Time for a second cup, its getting light out there now.

Cool, wish I was up there, was once very close (30-40m) to a lightning strike hit a telegraph  pole, I thought my roof  had been blown off, it  killed the telephones  in my house in the Uk years back, huge bang, house shook, incredible to experience.

Without the science to explain it is how "Gods" get created down through history.

Had the same the other night, windows rattling the bang was so loud, but worst was the huge crack of lightening, that really was scary, never heard anything so ferocious before.but the power of the wind and rain was unlike anything I have experienced here before.

In Bangkok earlier this week we had the most spectacular electrical storm seen in the city for a very long time. The kids were in awe when they weren't hiding under their covers. Lovely to live high up and experience the flashes, bangs and torrential rain without a care in the world!

Not quite so nice in Pattaya and Ubon I gather. 

Rooster

23 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Seems a lot of people have never experienced a 'proper' storm before !

The weird thing is that it wasn't even raining or blowing wind outside my house... 

Just thunder and flashes.. 

Some rain came afterwards.. but nothing special.

Archived