Mexican authorities find 29 bodies in a hundred plastic bags

webfact

Mexican authorities find 29 bodies in a hundred plastic bags

By Lizbeth Diaz

2019-09-19T003234Z_1_LYNXMPEF8I01G_RTROPTP_4_MEXICO-VIOLENCE.JPG

Forensic vehicles and government officials are seen near a clandestine grave while resuming the search for human remains after authorities found bodies packed in plastic bags, in the municipality of Zapopan, outskirts of Guadalajara September 18, 2019. REUTERS/Fernando Carranza

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexican authorities said on Tuesday they had found 29 bodies, packed in more than a hundred plastic bags, dumped in a clandestine grave in the violent western state of Jalisco.

Murders in Mexico jumped to the highest on record in the first half of the year, putting the cartel-ravaged country on track to surpass the 29,111 recorded last year.

Jalisco Attorney General Gerardo Solis told a news conference that since making the gruesome discovery in Zapopan municipality the first week of September, investigators had counted 13 complete and 16 incomplete bodies.

The state government and the state attorney general said two of the victims were women, and that at least four had criminal records, without specifying their crimes.

The body count could go up as the investigation progressed, according to a source at the state attorney general's office who declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

In Mexico, cartels often kidnap and kill their rivals, many of whom are buried in clandestine graves scattered across the country.

Authorities have not yet said whether the mass grave was related to cartel violence, although Jalisco is home to several cartels, including one of the country's most notorious.

Jalisco New Generation Cartel, according to U.S. authorities, is one of the five most dangerous criminal organizations in the world.

(Reporting by Lizbeth Diaz; Writing by Stefanie Eschenbacher; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-09-19

17 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

it would be a lot easier if the American market went away..

True and also the massive imports of GUNS from the U.S. into Mexico. 

Nearly All Of Mexico's Gun Violence Is Committed With Illegal Firearms Coming From U.S., Officials Say

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-all-mexico-violence-fueled-illegal-us-guns-1453694

The authorities know who  all these cartel scum are so why don't they just carpet bomb their homes, estates,ranches and buildings?

Modern day petrol bombs incinerate everything. They're very cheap to make .

Obviously law enforcement / courts etc is one of America's biggest employers. 

Won't happen like it does in Sicario1&2.

25 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

The authorities know who  all these cartel scum are so why don't they just carpet bomb their homes, estates,ranches and buildings?

And the cartels are some of the Mexican authorities' biggest employers.

32 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Funny that you provide your solution...then mention Sicario.  This ain't the movies.  Law enforcement, government officials, and the cartels are intertwined to the point of almost being indiscernible.  It would take a revolution, ala Castro or Chavez or Gaddafi, to right this country.  Of course, the leader of said revolution can't be allowed to stay in power too long, otherwise....

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

True and also the massive imports of GUNS from the U.S. into Mexico. 

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-all-mexico-violence-fueled-illegal-us-guns-1453694

Use to spend 2-3 months a year in Barra de Navidad on the Pacific coast and a lot of time in PV prior to that . The experience I've had here in Thailand almost occurred in Mexico including marrying a local, wasn't till I worked in the KSA and consequently rr'd here that my plans changed. Great country with excellent people all just another casualty from the war on drugs. 20-30 yrs from now, when many of the great dinosaurs are dead, we're going to say 'what the hell were we doing?'. They'll say in history class ' Imagine that, they treated known medical issues and the pursuit for intoxication as criminal behavior and created the biggest and costliest debacles in law enforcement history. Not to mention enriched huge groups of psychopathic criminals beyond their wildest dreams. The victims are worldwide. It's time for a change.   

26 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Use to spend 2-3 months a year in Barra de Navidad on the Pacific coast and a lot of time in PV prior to that . The experience I've had here in Thailand almost occurred in Mexico including marrying a local, wasn't till I worked in the KSA and consequently rr'd here that my plans changed. Great country with excellent people all just another casualty from the war on drugs. 20-30 yrs from now, when many of the great dinosaurs are dead, we're going to say 'what the hell were we doing?'. They'll say in history class ' Imagine that, they treated known medical issues and the pursuit for intoxication as criminal behavior and created the biggest and costliest debacles in law enforcement history. Not to mention enriched huge groups of psychopathic criminals beyond their wildest dreams. The victims are worldwide. It's time for a change.   

Had to post this. 

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Murders in Mexico jumped to the highest on record in the first half of the year, putting the cartel-ravaged country on track to surpass the 29,111 recorded last year.

One of the reasons I hold off on moving to Mexico and leaving Thailand.

Do the math. With drugs illegal cartels kill 29,000 and billions spent fighting drug use. Ask yourself, if drugs were legal, besides saving those billions of dollars, how many would die from their usage? Sure, many would be hospitalized, but with 29,000 dead annually in this war, just how many are wounded physically or mentally and end up hospitalized? But I do like the idea of carpet bombing their hideouts.

8 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

The war on drugs is a war on the people to benefit the corrupt, supported by the cynical and cheered on by the truly ignorant.

9 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Funny that you provide your solution...then mention Sicario.  This ain't the movies.  Law enforcement, government officials, and the cartels are intertwined to the point of almost being indiscernible.  It would take a revolution, ala Castro or Chavez or Gaddafi, to right this country.  Of course, the leader of said revolution can't be allowed to stay in power too long, otherwise....

Castro or Chavez or Gaddafi,.555..All corrupt dictators and torturers..

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:
19 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Castro or Chavez or Gaddafi,.555..All corrupt dictators and torturers..

No sht Sherlock.  They weren't evil dictators when they started.  But they became one because they stayed too long under absolute rule....a point I made which you conveniently ignored.  The fact is Mexico is hopelessly broken.  It would take something radical to change things. 

Archived