Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to obtain financing for a freehold condo purchase in Bangkok.  I have good credit history financing multiple cars in Thailand in the past.  And if yes, what is the usually loan to value rate they finance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Financing a property for a foreigner buyer is difficult to say the least, only one or two banks are doing it and even there you will need to show a long working history in Thailand, work permit, paid taxes for several years and even then is a 5/50 chance you will get it, these are my experience, unless someone else knows better...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

You shouldn't bring this type of topic on here, you will just get told that you are a fool, you will lose your money, the condo will apart in a few years, and you should only ever rent.

Those who bought a house or condo before (like i did) make money on the exchange rate alone. I was lucky the home i bought got more and more expensive as a BTS and a huge shopping center came near it years after i bought it. Its a matter of luck. Even if i counted rent I would already have it paid back by now. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Those who bought a house or condo before (like i did) make money on the exchange rate alone. I was lucky the home i bought got more and more expensive as a BTS and a huge shopping center came near it years after i bought it. Its a matter of luck. Even if i counted rent I would already have it paid back by now. 

Well I won't say good for you since you took great joy in the fact that I may lose $1k for a watch. I really don't like people like you, at all.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Well I won't say good for you since you took great joy in the fact that I may lose $1k for a watch. I really don't like people like you, at all.

why do you think i took joy in it, just said it was your own mistake by committing fraud. Had you not done that you would not have lost the money. No joy just putting blame where it should be. You did something stupid and it backfired. 

 

I like not being taxed as much as you do but when you do something like you did you take an extra risk. You seemed to blame others for your own mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

You shouldn't bring this type of topic on here, you will just get told that you are a fool, you will lose your money, the condo will apart in a few years, and you should only ever rent.

<deleted>,  im off to sell my 7 now, cripes why hadn't I been warned earlier😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

You shouldn't bring this type of topic on here, you will just get told that you are a fool, you will lose your money, the condo will apart in a few years, and you should only ever rent.

I must be a fool,every property I have bought and sold in Thailand

I have made a good profit on,its all about buying at the right price

in a good location, the other fallacy,that Thai's wont buy 2nd hand

properties is also, cr@p. 

regards worgeordie

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chazar said:

<deleted>,  im off to sell my 7 now, cripes why hadn't I been warned earlier😮

 

Because you have only been on this forum for three and a half months. Plenty of time but likely the warnings passed by without a ripple. Sorry  :thumbsup:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

 

Because you have only been on this forum for three and a half months. Plenty of time but likely the warnings passed by without a ripple. Sorry  :thumbsup:

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Remember 'only rent'

rent or rant? I can only do one of those.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chazar said:

Do you believe in reincarnation?

 

Do I believe you have had many handles in the past, and perhaps the present?!   🤔    The thought had never crossed my mind.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a rule banks will finance up to 95% if the condo is new and up to 80% if 2nd hand.

 

As far as I know only foreigners with PR can get a regular mortgage because that is written into the Condo Act. Otherwise foreigners need to present proof of 100% of the purchase price coming from abroad before the Land Dept. will allow transfer.

 

In the past some banks (Bangkok Bank, Standard Chartered and maybe others) had a work around by issuing mortgages in Singapore with both the loan and repayments made in SGD. However the criteria was strict and the loan conditions unfavourable compared to a domestic mortgage. I don't think any of the major banks offer that any more but I could well be wrong about that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thedemon said:

In the past some banks (Bangkok Bank, Standard Chartered and maybe others) had a work around by issuing mortgages in Singapore with both the loan and repayments made in SGD. However the criteria was strict and the loan conditions unfavourable compared to a domestic mortgage. I don't think any of the major banks offer that any more but I could well be wrong about that.

 

It's normal business practice still, you can just get a loan in Singapore as long as you have assets with that bank in SG.

For example if you have Citibank and funds invested with their broker you can easily use that as a collateral for a loan from citibank to buy RE whereever you want.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...