Trump communication with foreign leader prompted whistleblower complaint -Washington Post

webfact

39 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The Ukraine call is a nothing burger fake news - just like the Russian interference.

3 years now and the liberals still cant accept it - Hillary lost and Trump is President - get over it.

Not until he is no longer president. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Mueller report lists crimes committed by Trump which are not indictable while he is in office.

Guess what happens when he leaves office?

Yes, but that makes him even more dangerous. It's clear he will literally do anything to get reelected. He has zero respect for the law or the constitution. He's basically like a criminally corrupt mafia boss that has taken over the white house and now controls the senate, the supreme court, most of the federal courts, and his lackey Attorney General. If he loses in 2020 and leaves the office (voluntarily or not) then he's subject to prosecution for serious prison worthy crimes. His motivation is to save his own <deleted>,  Nothing about what's best for the American people, even his base which he has largely conned. 

44 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The Ukraine call is a nothing burger fake news - just like the Russian interference.

3 years now and the liberals still cant accept it - Hillary lost and Trump is President - get over it.

Golden.

So all Trump has to do is release the Whistleblower report to prove to the world that it's all a 'nothing burger fake news'.

Odd that such great, and illegal, efforts are being made to keep the report from Congress. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, but that makes him even more dangerous. It's clear he will literally do anything to get reelected. He as zero respect for the law or the constitution. He's basically like a criminally corrupt mafia boss that has taken over the white house and now controls the senate, the supreme court, most of the federal courts, and his lackey Attorney General. If he loses in 2020 and leaves the office (voluntarily or not) then he's subject to prosecution for serious prison worthy crimes. His motivation is to save his own <deleted>,  Nothing about what's best for the American people, even his base which he has largely conned. 

I'd agree with you but Trump's exposure to Federal protection is only part of his problems, he also faces State investigation and there is absolutely nothing he can do about that. 

A particular problem for Trump with this whistleblower report is the simplicity of the alleged crime, easily described, easily understood and easily explained to the electorate. 

The American public have not yet seen the report but the message is clear:

• There is a whistleblower report that alleges Trump committed a very serious crime.
  • It was passed to the Inspector General for Intelligence who considered it credible and marked it as "Urgent Concern'.
  • The law says he shall pass the report to Congress, 
  • Bill Barr who has no authority over Intelligence has intervened to prevent the Inspector General passing the report to Congress.
  • The administration are attempting to hide the whistleblower report.  

Easy to understand allegations of a serious crime.

Easy to understand obstruction of Congress

Easy to understand attempts at concealing allegations of a crime. 

Conflating complex reports and complex legal arguments is one thing, conflating such easily undertood attempts to conceal a report of a crime are something completely different. 

*Deleted post edited out*

Can't give up, the stakes are too high with a person in the WH who's completely unfit for office. But not only is he unfit, he has twice asked other countries to interfere in the election process.

That means he's a.....wait, it's on the tip of my tongue....starts with a "t".....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/27/trump-to-russia-find-hil-s-other-emails

WSJ: Trump asked Ukraine president 8 times to investigate Joe Biden's son (Fox News video)

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'd agree with you but Trump's exposure to Federal protection is only part of his problems, he also faces State investigation and there is absolutely nothing he can do about that. 

I wouldn't be too sure of that, He's already filed a suit to try to stop NY from getting his federal returns.  What I don't understand is the NY already has his State returns and Cuomo will cooperate with the NY DA.  They should contain most of the information that is needed.

Trump Says He Discussed Biden in Call With Ukraine’s President

President Trump appeared to confirm for the first time that he discussed former Vice President Joe Biden and his son on a July call with Ukraine’s president, as some senior Democrats revived talk of impeachment hearings over reports that the president asked a foreign government to undertake a probe designed to damage his potential opponent in the 2020 election.

Mr. Trump, speaking to reporters Sunday, suggested that in the July 25 call with Volodymyr Zelensky he characterized Mr. Biden’s anticorruption push in Ukraine while he was vice president as itself corrupt because Mr. Biden’s son had business interests in the country. On Friday, Mr. Trump declined to say what the two leaders had discussed, saying, “It doesn’t matter.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-he-discussed-biden-in-call-with-ukraines-president-11569177685

The president as mafia don.

(Mafia don meaning -- organized crime boss.)

Personally I think this is leading to congress having no choice but to impeach but Max Boot author of the linked article obviously thinks the democrats will continue with their pussy footing.

But really time is running out. If they wait another six months it really will be too late in view of the 2020 election. 

As the current occupant of the white house often says -- we'll see.

This may be the worst Trump scandal yet

A mob enforcer doesn’t have to say “pay up, or we will destroy your store” to be guilty of extortion. The message is conveyed clearly enough if he says “nice store, shame if anything happened to it” combined with the storekeeper’s knowledge of what the mafia has done to those who didn’t pay up.

Likewise, President Trump did not have to say to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, “Accuse Joe Biden of corruption, or you’ll never see any more aid from the United States.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/22/trumps-ukraine-gate-extortion/

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The president as mafia don.

(Mafia don meaning -- organized crime boss.)

Personally I think this is leading to congress having no choice but to impeach but Max Boot author of the linked article obviously thinks the democrats will continue with their pussy footing.

But really time is running out. If they wait another six months it really will be too late in view of the 2020 election. 

As the current occupant of the white house often says -- we'll see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/09/22/trumps-ukraine-gate-extortion/

I agree, Max Boot is spot on.  The problem is that the lesson that Trump should have learned from the investigation and the realization that he would be sitting in jail beside Cohen for much longer than three years if he was not the President and he shouldn't try it again, is not what he learned.  He learned that he did it and got away with it because the  collected officials in congress don't have the ethics (balls) to do their job.  And since he got away with it once he knows that he can do it again and is doing exactly that.  He thinks, as many do, that he is "untouchable!  And  I'm not sure that he is far from wrong!

In the end if he loses the election he won't leave without a fight especially if it is close!

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A particular problem for Trump with this whistleblower report is the simplicity of the alleged crime, easily described, easily understood and easily explained to the electorate.

Agree.  Unlike the Mueller report which 99% of Americans will never read, this is a clear case of extortion and bribery.

[Further reporting indicates that the conversation amounted to a threat to withhold $250 million in military aid to Ukraine unless Zelensky investigates the family of Joe Biden, who is of course running to unseat Trump in 2020.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-whistleblower-is-right-trump-may-have-committed-extortion-and-bribery?ref=wrap

But Trump has in AG Barr an equally corrupt individual who will protect Trump from all manner of criminal behavior.  I always thought the USA had a solid system of checks and balances.  Not so sure anymore.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:30 AM, Berkshire said:

Agree.  Unlike the Mueller report which 99% of Americans will never read, this is a clear case of extortion and bribery.

[Further reporting indicates that the conversation amounted to a threat to withhold $250 million in military aid to Ukraine unless Zelensky investigates the family of Joe Biden, who is of course running to unseat Trump in 2020.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/if-whistleblower-is-right-trump-may-have-committed-extortion-and-bribery?ref=wrap

But Trump has in AG Barr an equally corrupt individual who will protect Trump from all manner of criminal behavior.  I always thought the USA had a solid system of checks and balances.  Not so sure anymore.

thanks for the moral preening and virtue signaling.

just an observation here: so a conversation you have never seen or have any knowledge of is somehow enough for the vacuous assertion of , and I quote :

"this is a clear case of extortion and bribery"

you will get to see it tomorrow, and the disappointment you may experience may

be maddening for you.

I assume you will keep to your assertion regardless, cause...orange man bad.

And it could be that it is all set up by Trump so that he can say that it's all a conspiracy, they tried to get me for colluding with the Russians and now it's the Ukranians but I'm cleared in both cases.  After all his IQ is actually 156 and he is a psychopath,

6 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

thanks for the moral preening and virtue signaling.

just an observation here: so a conversation you have never seen or have any knowledge of is somehow enough for the vacuous assertion of , and I quote :

"this is a clear case of extortion and bribery"

you will get to see it tomorrow, and the disappointment you may experience may

be maddening for you.

I assume you will keep to your assertion regardless, cause...orange man bad.

Oh contraire.  It's about the whistleblower who saw enough disturbing actions to file a formal complaint. And the Trump-appointed IG who concurred.  We're all having to speculate because the corrupt WH is obstructing...again.

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Oh contraire.  It's about the whistleblower who saw enough disturbing actions to file a formal complaint. And the Trump-appointed IG who concurred.  We're all having to speculate because the corrupt WH is obstructing...again.

"saw" 

there is zero evidence of them "seeing" anything or hearing anything other than what they heard someone else talking about.

this is called "no first hand knowledge"

13 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

"saw" 

there is zero evidence of them "seeing" anything or hearing anything other than what they heard someone else talking about.

The first hand knowledge you refer is that trump has admitted it, even his lawyer admitted doing it.

32 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

"saw" 

The IG thought it serious enough. And he was appointed by Trump and has seen more than you, me, or any journalist.

Just wait for the transcripts.

24 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The IG thought it serious enough. And he was appointed by Trump and has seen more than you, me, or any journalist.

Just wait for the transcripts.

it is good to see you are not making preconceived assumptions of guilt....oh wait. 

Trump has said he will release a written transcript of the call tomorrow.  I understand that there  is no recording of the call. So who is going to write the written transcript and how much truth will it contain since it will be a collaboration of those in the room at the time of the call, all Trump supporters.  Could you believe anything that Steven Miller, Trump or Kelly Ann Conway says?Kinda like the fox in the hen house.  Congress needs to hear directly from the whistle blower and not leak the contents of the interview.  It should come out at Trump's trial in the Senate if the House impeaches him.

Just now, elmrfudd said:

it is good to see you are not making preconceived assumptions of guilt....oh wait. 

Really? Actually he understated the case. The IG thought that the complaint warranted "urgent" attention. Just pointing out the facts. Or are you saying that the IG didn't make that judgement? 

22 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Really? Actually he understated the case. The IG thought that the complaint warranted "urgent" attention. Just pointing out the facts. Or are you saying that the IG didn't make that judgement? 

you have no idea what was said or in what context, and you assume guilt nonetheless.

get ready for another disappointment

33 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

you have no idea what was said or in what context, and you assume guilt nonetheless.

So you're saying we don't know that the INspector general pushed this allegation to be reported to Congress? Really? And more tiresome accusations that I'm assuming guilt. 

41 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

Firstly you defect away from the fact that the Trump appointed IG concluded that this case warrants urgent attention.

Secondly you again accuse posters of assuming things.

Thirdly you yourself assume things.

Well done, not bad for a morning's work! 

13 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Another 'secret' coward, hiding and leaking, and as MSM say 'a source say's' , 'someone close to the matter has told us' it's a disgrace. What happened to transparency?  something to say? COME FORWARD.

The whistleblower followed the law...to the letter. It is the coward in the WH that won't allow the report to COME FORWARD.

Archived