Why Bother With The 800k Baht Method?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You save all the hassle expats face with getting those monthly transfers in the correct format and on the correct day and no need to collate all the documentation. Plus avoid all that stress that people suffer. Money is available to spend on what you want or invest. 12,500 baht seems a fair deal to me

Everybody doesn't use the >65k monthly. Instead they go for the >800k in the bank. There are still people using an agent for this method. That tells me those people don't have a clue how to do it themselves,and they will never learn.

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Everybody doesn't use the >65k monthly. Instead they go for the >800k in the bank. There are still people using an agent for this method. That tells me those people don't have a clue how to do it themselves,and they will never learn.

I consider that 12.5 k is a bargain price for them to retain such blessed ignorance.

40 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

My last 1 year extension application took exactly 3min at Immigration. I spent 6-7 minutes at the bank for my bank letter. My bank is 80 meters from Immigration. It takes me 5 min to copy the papers (5 baht/copy) I need,then a few min to sign them. I picked up the passport next day,another 3min including a photo taken. That cost me 1900 baht,and with no problems what so ever.

Do the math,you think I should spend 12000 baht for what I just told you? Why don't you just admit that you don't have a clue how to do it yourself.

You must not use CW in Bangkok. My friend went in July and it took him all day from 8 am to 5 pm just to get an extension using 800k, no other services. It cost him 400 THB each way in taxi from Asoke. I used agency, was in $ out in less than 30 min total and that included the 15 min at KBank on ground floor for the bank letter. After going to bank, the agent called IO and we went straight up to IO's office, no waiting in line behind the other 400 people in line, no ticket needed. I emailed agency my docs, they picked me & wife up, took us there (no taxi fees) and took us home. The agency will go back in 2 wks to get final stamp, reentry permit & do 90-day report for me then deliver passport back to me. No need for me to go back.

What may be a waste of money to some, is not a waste of money to others, especially for those who have lots of money and value their time and prefer the convenience in retirement. "To each his own".

Edited by BertM