Jump to content
BANGKOK
ignis

Passport photos for UK

Recommended Posts

Sorry can't find any info..

 

I must re-new my UK Passport next month, have a question re photos

 

wear glasses since age 14, all old Passport photos wear glasses... so all life nearing age 70 now.

 

Problem this time have 3/4 of left eye with frosted glass, only clear is the reading bit at bottom.. will that be accepted ?  [looked but cannot find an old pair]

Edited by ignis
Isaan Forum- is NOT correct please change to General

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps have a look at this recent topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will find all the details you need here. Regards your specs, I would suggest buying a cheap pair of reading glasses. (available just about everywhere)

 

PS. Took me 1 minute on google to find that! A lot quicker than it took you to write your post I think.

 

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports/photo-requirements

Edited by Moonlover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

You will find all the details you need here. Regards your specs, I would suggest buying a cheap pair of reading glasses. (available just about everywhere)

 

PS. Took me 1 minute on google to find that! A lot quicker than it took you to write your post I think.

 

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports/photo-requirements

Yes already read and re read that over the past 2 weeks........... Not a lot of help that is why I asked.

 

Re - I would suggest buying a cheap pair of reading glasses. (available just about everywhere)

 

YES but when I arrive at Trendy Building the glasses would be different.. + you would not take a photo with reading glasses on !!  also could not see to walk without or just reading glasses,  I do have 2 pairs of just reading glasses + a pair just for computer use..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ignis said:

Yes already read and re read that over the past 2 weeks........... Not a lot of help that is why I asked.

 

Re - I would suggest buying a cheap pair of reading glasses. (available just about everywhere)

 

YES but when I arrive at Trendy Building the glasses would be different.. + you would not take a photo with reading glasses on !!  also could not see to walk without or just reading glasses,  I do have 2 pairs of just reading glasses + a pair just for computer use..

Then do what I did, have your photo taken without wearing glasses at all

 

I was wearing contact lenses at the time. (another option for you maybe)

 

Don't get so stressed about this. If your photo shows no glasses, it's a simple matter to remove yours should an IO (or Trendy) have any doubts.

 

I've passed through immigration a few times both with and without specs without any problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Then do what I did, have your photo taken without wearing glasses at all

 

I was wearing contact lenses at the time. (another option for you maybe)

 

Don't get so stressed about this. If your photo shows no glasses, it's a simple matter to remove yours should an IO (or Trendy) have any doubts.

 

I've passed through immigration a few times both with and without specs without any problem.

Many thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear glasses but always remove them for passport photos. Have done for my last 2 passports. Then there is no danger of any glare or reflection which they will reject. This would clearly solve your problem. Maybe not so clearly with your eyesight.....🙂.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Then do what I did, have your photo taken without wearing glasses at all

 

I was wearing contact lenses at the time. (another option for you maybe)

 

Don't get so stressed about this. If your photo shows no glasses, it's a simple matter to remove yours should an IO (or Trendy) have any doubts.

 

I've passed through immigration a few times both with and without specs without any problem.

Me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 3:20 PM, SunsetT said:

I wear glasses but always remove them for passport photos. Have done for my last 2 passports. Then there is no danger of any glare or reflection which they will reject. This would clearly solve your problem. Maybe not so clearly with your eyesight.....🙂.

I asked because this is my 7th or maybe 8th Passport, [back in the 70's lost my Passport that is why not sure how many] always wore glasses for every Passport photo.. 

 

Will have photo's taken today without glasses...

 

Appointment is in 10 days........ will I get a proper UK Passport ? Dark Blue & Gold ? or get another Red thing ?  info on the web is Blue & gold from 1 October 2019, but with all the messing around in UK just wondered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 2:38 AM, ignis said:

I asked because this is my 7th or maybe 8th Passport, [back in the 70's lost my Passport that is why not sure how many] always wore glasses for every Passport photo.. 

 

Will have photo's taken today without glasses...

 

Appointment is in 10 days........ will I get a proper UK Passport ? Dark Blue & Gold ? or get another Red thing ?  info on the web is Blue & gold from 1 October 2019, but with all the messing around in UK just wondered

With all the Brexit 'fallout' going on and the increasing 33% increased cost of living in Thailand it has caused for Brits, who give a s h i t what colour the passport is!!!

 

...But good luck in getting it...😎.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...