question about roof vents

zeekgarcia

I cannot find any soffit vents in the first picture to install and I do not want to replace the existing soffit boards with the boards that have vents already cut into them.

My question is would it be a bad idea to have a mosquito screen maker make some soffit vents like the ones pictured in the second picture.

Thanks so much

vent 3.png

vent 5.jpg

3 minutes ago, zeekgarcia said:

sorry but I do not understand, what you are referring to, could you please explain. Thanks

hint; Mr W wasn't referring to 'knock them up'  teenage pregnancies...  

he was only answering wrt the picture you even put up yourself:

vent 5.jpg a frame for your mosquito wire

7 hours ago, zeekgarcia said:

7 hours ago, zeekgarcia said:

My question is would it be a bad idea to have a mosquito screen maker make some soffit vents like the ones pictured in the second picture.

Thanks so much

vent 5.jpg

No problem, good idea. I made something a little similar. I did add a fine ¼" square metal mesh to the nylon mosquito net to add a little more protection.

1 hour ago, zeekgarcia said:

are you saying that you can buy these screens ready made at Global House or by soffit boards with holes already in them?

You can buy the plastic round, square ready made type cut hole in existing soffit and install as many as you want.

There's so manys types available.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNShXObn7B5O32iklyEoTMOVsXn0Pg:1569075049131&q=image+of+a+ready+made+soffit+vent.&tbm=isch&source=univ&sxsrf=ACYBGNShXObn7B5O32iklyEoTMOVsXn0Pg:1569075049131&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifoLeHjOLkAhVx4HMBHf7jCAYQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1215&bih=567&dpr=1.13

Several years ago I had 40 of these screens made by my window/screen man. I supplied the dimensions I wanted and they were delivered in a few days for a small cost. As this was years ago i do not recall the exact amount but very inexpensive for sure. I installed them myself.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived