Video: No seatbelts: Couple propelled through windshield in smash near Bangkok

webfact

Video: No seatbelts: Couple propelled through windshield in smash near Bangkok

7pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Not wearing seatbelts

Sanook said that a Facebook post showed what can happen when you don't wear a seatbelt. 

The dash cam footage on the page of Nut Preeyanut was from a car stopped at the lights at an intersection on Petchkasen Road in the Krathum Baen area of Samut Sakhon. 

A car travelling at considerable speed in the opposite direction suddenly hurtles towards the dash cam car. 

The windshield shatters and a man and a woman apparently not wearing seatbelts are thrown out. 

The poster said that the woman was hurt even more seriously than the man. 

The date on the footage was 2015 and Sanook made no attempt to explain this or provide further details.

They said the footage was being widely shared on Thai social media as people warned about wearing seatbelts. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-19

What can you say? Intelligent people know to buckle up the instant they get in the car. Then again, intelligent people know not to drive like a complete lunatic too. Once you have seen the face of someone who has been through a windscreen, you really should understand the logic behind seat belts.

25 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Once you have seen the face of someone who has been through a windscreen, you really should understand the logic behind seat belts.

Not only the face. Think about all internal organs that would be smashed against the steering wheel on impact.

After a lot of nagging from me, I finally got my wife's niece to stop having her daughter sit on her lap in the front seat. A horribly dangerous practise.

So this weekend we had a rare visit from my wife's son with his wife and 2 year old. They are now doing the same thing.

I'm not a Thai basher, as I'm sure everyone here knows, but on issues like this they do not and will not listen. In one ear and out the other.

52 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

reminds me of drivers education films back in the 70's. every American teenager had to watch. 

i will never forget watching Mechanized Death at 16 years old.

https://documentaryheaven.com/mechanized-death-–-legendary-driving-safety-film/

tha'ts probably the same one we were forced to watch, before we were granted our military drivers licences...

- during the autopsy, the Dr using a finger hooked in each empty eye socket... lifts the top of the head off!!~ it was pretty effective, the video

31 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Horrific. They should be showing this everywhere for driving education. 

Right and not videos on U-Tube showing accidents that do not happen in Thailand.
Then we have reflections in the room: it does not concern us it happens in China or Russia :crying:

I ride a lot on my MTBike and I love to ride in the city in the traffic jams because on a MTBike you overtake the cars; :tongue:
I note that very few Thai motorists buckle their seatbelt in the front and unfortunately even less in the back; especially when it comes to a two-door pickup that should never be used to carry people on the back seat;
besides, this "back" does not have seat belts.

But for some years the belt must be buckled at the front as at the back ...
It would be good, during the passage or the renewal of the driving license that the "instructors" or "monitors" explain that a person not attached to the back becomes a cannonball for the people attached (or not) to the before;
a person not attached to the back will break the back of the seat in front of her and crush against the windshield the person in front of her.

We also see too many kids sitting on the lap of the driver.
We see so many aberrations on the road in Thailand ...

The constant noise (tapping/rocking) while the car is moving is caused by the lack of a gasket/cushion between the dashcam and it's windscreen mount, resulting in constant vibration & less sharp footage (roadsigns? numberplates?)

Most dashcams have a couple in each box these days but a quick fix is to place a bit of electrical tape between the two.

(Ask me how I know! ????)

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What can you say? Intelligent people know to buckle up the instant they get in the car. Then again, intelligent people know not to drive like a complete lunatic too. Once you have seen the face of someone who has been through a windscreen, you really should understand the logic behind seat belts.

Unfortunately i know many people who have seen several faces that have gone through windscreens (emergency doctors and first responders), and they will hold their baby on their lap while driving the car or "forget" to buckle up. 

Guess it all comes back to the "intelligent people" you started the comment with... 

Clearly intelligence is not related to educational levels here.

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

reminds me of drivers education films back in the 70's. every American teenager had to watch. 

i will never forget watching Mechanized Death at 16 years old.

https://documentaryheaven.com/mechanized-death-–-legendary-driving-safety-film/

Yeah dude, in the GYm, after lunch, bodies everywhere.......

Then we all went out and did brake stands across parking lots. Oh, for the good old days of rear drums.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

What can you say? Intelligent people know to buckle up the instant they get in the car. Then again, intelligent people know not to drive like a complete lunatic too. Once you have seen the face of someone who has been through a windscreen, you really should understand the logic behind seat belts.

You cannot tell a Thai what to do, ever. They will always do whatever they want to do, regardless of the consequences. They are incapable of forward thinking and knowing what those consequences might be. That is especially so when driving, which is why so many drive as if they are playing a video game.

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Horrific! On a pedantic note: can anyone give light as to why the swerve the right, into the front of stationary right turning car?

swerved to not rear end a stopped vehicle unseen in front of them? What?

Look to the right of the move clip. You will see that they were racing a pickup. To busy looking at the truck I guess and not paying attention to the road methinks.

46 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Look to the right of the move clip. You will see that they were racing a pickup. To busy looking at the truck I guess and not paying attention to the road methinks.

I think tropposerver is correct, I watched it a few times and I think that out of camera view is stationary traffic (there was a U turn prior to the right turn lane) so maybe someone edged out causing traffic in the right hand lane to slow or stop and matey in the offending car never saw it.

Archived