My recent TM30 experience at Jomtien Immigration

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem determined to do it despite being told otherwise. I can appreciate not believing the 2 young ladies on the desk at the entrance, they have wrong footed me before. I have never ever done a TM30 for myself in Jomtien, In fact your post was pleasing for me. 

The girls behind the desk at the entrance are famous for giving wrong information about everything. People should ask the ladies at desk 10 about the TM30 report, no one else. 

18 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The girls behind the desk at the entrance are famous for giving wrong information about everything. People should ask the ladies at desk 10 about the TM30 report, no one else. 

Not so much incorrect information, its more just generic information and very dependant on the question you ask and whether you disclose your circumstances/purpose..

If you present to jomtien with no prior history then you usually need a TM30. if you present with 5 years of extensions/ 90 day reports etc, then you usually dont need a TM30, the front desk dont have that information to hand, so default to telling everyone they need a TM30..

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I have just got back to Thailand yesterday.  This morning at Jomtein was told with retirement extension and coming back to the same address, i do not have to re file TM30 after a trip anywhere, within Thailand or overseas.

The two ladies at the front desk were annoyed with me after I told them "some farangs on internet said I have to".

I went to the man at another desk and got the same answer.

May be I'll file online....

The only place where you get the correct info about the TM30 report is desk 10. If the IO in charge,normally the oldest lady in uniform explains how to do it,then do it. But be sure she understands what you mean. 

• 6 months later...