Options once you have done 2 border runs

Hello

I have been on two visa runs to kanchanaburi so far this year and am not sure if im allowed to go on a third or what options are available to me.

i am working here, well more than a decades worth of visas to prove that, and have a child with thai citizenship. i did not have any kind of stamp saying i cannot do a visa run again, currently am just waiting for my paperwork to finish where i work, and both border visas i had extended.

is it possible to do a border run? would a round trip flight out of the country be possible? i would be inclined towards the later (taking a round trip flight out of the country) to get a tourist visa but given that some people are refused entry what would be the most viable way to make sure i can return home to my family with as much time as possible to stay with them until the paperwork is sorted?

can anyone help advise me on this or point me in the direction of someone who could?

thank you

You can only do 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st) at land border crossings. Entries with a valid visa for entry have no limit.

You could possibley fly out and back to get another visa exempt entry.

As a parent of a Thai you can get non-o visas. You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child for any entry to the country.

• Like 1

As usual, @ubonjoe outlines your main options. Personally, I think going somewhere like Vientiane for a Non O visa makes the most sense. This gives you 90 days (150 with a 60-day extension to visit your child). Further, it can simplify matters once your company sorts out the paperwork for your work permit. Many labor department offices will (as they should) issue a work permit on the Non O without the need to leave the country to apply for a Non B. 

6 hours ago, jackdd said:

You work here, so you have a multi entry non-b visa? You can do as many visa runs as you like, there is no limitation

6 hours ago, localexp said:

currently am just waiting for my paperwork to finish where i work, and both border visas i had extended.

is it possible to do a border run? would a round trip flight out of the country be possible?

Yes, but only by air.

both border visas i had extended.

You try got a 60 day extension to visit your child to follow on from the 30 day tourist extension.