Jump to content
BANGKOK
Banana7

Stop Traveling Within Thailand Because of TM30

Recommended Posts

Since there seems to be little or no changes in TM30 reporting, it such pain in the _ss for all those on retirement visas, marriage visas, business visas and other long-term visas, and extensions thereof,  just stop traveling within Thailand. If you want to travel go to other nearby countries. A wonderful option is Vietnam, Cambodia (not Sinhanoukville), Bali, maybe even Myanmar. You may decide to never return to Thailand.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

If you want to travel go to other nearby countries. A wonderful option is Vietnam, Cambodia (not Sinhanoukville), Bali, maybe even Myanmar.

When we come back from our travels to those countries we don't have to submit a TM30?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

When we come back from our travels to those countries we don't have to submit a TM30?

I believe you will still have to submit a TM30 upon return.

 

However your monies will have been spent elsewhere not in Thailand. Money talks in Thailand. Money is extremely important in Thailand and even justifies breaking the law or the law looking away or not acting against criminal behaviour (like the Red Bull lad killing a policeman)

 

If the money leaves Thailand, meaning you the long term visa holder, Thailand will take notice, and eventually attract the money back. Money is the most critical factor in Thai society and to sway Thai government into the direction you want it to go, either action or non-action on a particular issue.

 

 

 

Edited by Banana7
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Since there seems to be little or no changes in TM30 reporting, it such pain in the _ss for all those on retirement visas, marriage visas, business visas and other long-term visas, and extensions thereof,  just stop traveling within Thailand.

Maybe you live on Planet Banana.

I live in Thailand.

Have done for 16 years.

Out on the bike yesterday, 3 different provinces. No TM30's, no passports shown,  inc police road blocks.

Road trip last year for a week or so with my Dad (on holiday) and my wife. Prolly 20 provinces.

None of us saw or filled a TM30 in.

In 16 years i have never seen, nor filled a TM30 in.

I really don't understand Expat's paranoia about this piece of paper, sorry.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do a few trips within thaland every couple of months and have never been questioned at my IO at Kanchanaburi,only when i have left the country do they require a TM30,its a pity that all IO dont work the same,cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grego49 said:

,its a pity that all IO dont work the same,cheers

Then we would have little to grouse over here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Maybe you live on Planet Banana.

I live in Thailand.

Have done for 16 years.

Out on the bike yesterday, 3 different provinces. No TM30's, no passports shown,  inc police road blocks.

Road trip last year for a week or so with my Dad (on holiday) and my wife. Prolly 20 provinces.

None of us saw or filled a TM30 in.

In 16 years i have never seen, nor filled a TM30 in.

I really don't understand Expat's paranoia about this piece of paper, sorry.

It really does seem to depend on which immigration Office you report to, TG. In my province, Khon Kaen, a TM30 has been required for some time after returning from abroad. That might even have changed now to include domestic travel.

 

After the last trip to UK with MrsL in 2015, our friendly IO who'd issued my re-entry permit and knew our travel dates phoned my wife within 24 hours of return and reminded us to get the TM30 done - but we'd beaten her to it and done the thing at the local police station, which was perfectly acceptable. Her reminder to get it done, despite being friendly and aimed at avoiding problems, was serious. Same thing after a trip to Vietnam earlier this year. TM30 has been required there for 90-Day reports for some time now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes my wife 5min to do from her phone. I have sympathy for those who feel they need to do it the old fashioned way and drive for hours to meet an IO face to face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I believe you will still have to submit a TM30 upon return.

 

However your monies will have been spent elsewhere not in Thailand. Money talks in Thailand. Money is extremely important in Thailand and even justifies breaking the law or the law looking away or not acting against criminal behaviour (like the Red Bull lad killing a policeman)

 

If the money leaves Thailand, meaning you the long term visa holder, Thailand will take notice, and eventually attract the money back. Money is the most critical factor in Thai society and to sway Thai government into the direction you want it to go, either action or non-action on a particular issue.

 

 

 

I think they make more money from rice than they'll ever make from us! But you hit them in the pocket by all means!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I think they make more money from rice than they'll ever make from us! But you hit them in the pocket by all means!

The Tourism Board is shaking in their boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

It takes my wife 5min to do from her phone. I have sympathy for those who feel they need to do it the old fashioned way and drive for hours to meet an IO face to face. 

Good for you. Not everyone has that luxury just yet. I'm sure this will be a non-story in due time.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure tomorrow TM30 will be abolished because you guys stopped traveling within Thailand.

They could not care less. Please understand that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...