BANGKOK
vogie

Monthly income method.

I am currently on a marriage extension and I have been paying money into my Thai bank account, however I noticed last months payments into my Thai account was about 500 baht short of the 40,000 baht required. It was an oversight on my behalf due to exchange rates etc, does this mean all my previous payments will account to nothing, is there a way to remedy this slip up.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For an extension based upon marriage a average income of 40k baht for a year (at least a total of 480k baht). is allowed. 

Some offices have been reported as claiming it is not allowed but it is clearly written in the police orders.

image.png.25217864da50444758be1d8df7f901e1.png

Thanks Joe, my office is Jomptien, do you know if they are ok with an average income of 40,000 baht a year?

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Thanks Joe, my office is Jomptien, do you know if they are ok with an average income of 40,000 baht a year?

I think they go by what is in the written police orders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

A friend of mine persuaded them, and in his case it was the 65,000 for a retirement extension... which is obligated every month. He had his Thai lady plead his case somewhat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BHW said:

My office Si Sa Ket said 40000 each & every month I averaged 42500 a month but one month 38400 so extension refused.

What did you end up doing?

20 hours ago, vogie said:

What did you end up doing?

I went home to Thai consulate in Brisbane went back 1 hour later O / Spouse visa ready no financials required just proof of marriage house wife ID etc hassle free. Trip home brought forward 1 month also have tp leave Thsiland every 90 days.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For an extension based upon marriage a average income of 40k baht for a year (at least a total of 480k baht). is allowed. 

Some offices have been reported as claiming it is not allowed but it is clearly written in the police orders.

image.png.25217864da50444758be1d8df7f901e1.png

You have changed the meaning. The word monthly and average is behind the comma.  (ie together) "Average" is not directly connect to the word "year".  And, nowhere is the statement written "at least a total of 480k baht. is allowed."  That throughout the year comma.  Not a total throughout the year.  I have to disagree.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I changed nothing. That is a screen grab ot the translated police order.

I would agree with the post, your comment did indicate you changed the association. 

The text from the screen grab clearly shows that the word "average is associated with "monthly".

You may well be right with intent but again it is the interpretation that becomes a variable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I changed nothing. That is a screen grab ot the translated police order.

The 480k baht number is simple math by multiplying in 40k baht by 12.

This has been discussed in other topics. And the conclusion is that it means you can use a average annual income to apply for the extension.

Of course if you transferred 20k baht every month for 11 months and then 260k baht it would not be accepted.

FYI the reason for the average being allowed is due to a person applying for the extension can be working here and might not earn 40k baht every month.

People have reported being denied an extension in this thread for this wrong interpretation.  I have no faith in what you think it says.  I would hate to see someone go by your interpretation and be denied.  If you make this statement you should also include a disclaimer that all IO do not agree with your interpretation.  Personally I will cover my @$$ monthly.

• Sad 1