Canada's Trudeau apologies for dressing up in brown face, election chances could suffer

webfact

6 minutes ago, cocopops said:

Live by the sword, die by the sword. He's obviously not a racist, but if this one of his political opponents instead of himself, Trudeau and his little gang of thought police would give no quarter whatsoever. So I kind of hope it sinks him...

actually the left is full of many racists, as they think all those that do not agree with their ideologies are inferior

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree with politicians allowing themselves to be abused in the media this way...the true racists are the ones going back through every utterance and pic...no matter how old or innocent and making a big deal out of it...

Some seriously sick fuggs out there!

16 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I disagree with politicians allowing themselves to be abused in the media this way...the true racists are the ones going back through every utterance and pic...no matter how old or innocent and making a big deal out of it...

Some seriously sick fuggs out there!

Absolutely. They have nothing better to do and only do it to stoke the fire under their already inflated ego.

(1) Obviously a fruitcake.

(2) The Canadian people have of course done it to themselves. Will be interesting to see their judgment on themselves at the next national election.

(3) All people everywhere are 'racist', which is to say suspicious of foreigners particularly those who look different and talk funny. Just ask a dark-skinned Khmer like my b/f dealing with pale skinned Central Thais. Or try reading the 'seeking husband' columns in the Indian newspapers. Only pink people are supposed to feel bad about their perfectly normal identity feelings.

It seems that the bit about the new RCMP Commissioner being related to the Finance Minister isn't correct. Was just reading an article about how the rumour started after someone claimed to have been told it by a retired senior RCMP member. That person then tweeted the info with nothing to back it up. 

The tweet was spread to other sites and sort of went "viral" with new tweets and memes popping up.

Just goes to show what can happen with the mass of social media that people have access to now. By the time you find out something is a rumour, it's been spread around the globe and takes on a life of it's own.

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

This also reminds me.

We (expats) are allowed to vote in elections again. I registered myself (online) a couple months ago and just today I received my ballot package, sent via DHL courier of all things !

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1093405-canadian-expats-can-vote/?tab=comments#comment-14108927

That privilege was restored by Trudeau and his government wasn't it?

It was the previous Conservative government that took your voting rights away..

9 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't see anything wrong with costumes at parties. I think the whole blackface outrage is entirely made up from white guilt mentality and is total nonsense in this day and age.

That being said, it couldn't have happened to anyone better. Let the left eat the left. Good riddance Prince Ali. Too bad you showed up at all.

What's interesting is how contrite he suddenly is on this; how apologetic and self punishing.

Did he apologize so quickly and apparently when confronted about a) taking his family for a lavish holiday on the tax payers or b) guilty of an ethics breach which seems very close to trying to pervert the course of justice.

Shows where his priorities lie!

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

actually the left is full of many racists, as they think all those that do not agree with their ideologies are inferior

I agree with your comments about the left and their intolerance of anyone who dares have a view different to theirs. But perhaps you should look up a definition of the word racist!

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

I agree with your comments about the left and their intolerance of anyone who dares have a view different to theirs. But perhaps you should look up a definition of the word racist!

There isn't one. That's why it doesn't exist. You'll find it just refers to itself. Race is an archaic construct, only ethnicity exists, and we all have it; sometimes more than one slice.

17 hours ago, nikmar said:

I know in this day and age its really important not to upset people, but what sort of over sensitive a**se gets offended by something like this. Truly unbelievble that this sort of <deleted> gets into a newspaper and becomes something that can bring an end to a political career. 

Life has obviously become too easy for a certain segment of the population. The depression and WW1/ 2 generations would not have given a monkeys about it- The Black and White Minstrels was a huge hit on tv some years ago.

Seems there are a lot of people now that have so much spare time that they are looking for things to be offended about.

11 hours ago, Kerryd said:

It seems that the bit about the new RCMP Commissioner being related to the Finance Minister isn't correct. Was just reading an article about how the rumour started after someone claimed to have been told it by a retired senior RCMP member. That person then tweeted the info with nothing to back it up. 

The tweet was spread to other sites and sort of went "viral" with new tweets and memes popping up.

Just goes to show what can happen with the mass of social media that people have access to now. By the time you find out something is a rumour, it's been spread around the globe and takes on a life of it's own.

Unless TVF is social media, I've ever been on one, as have no wish to be subjected to the insanity.

This guy was 29 and a teacher when he dressed like this. Do you think that Aladdin was that dark? This leader should have know better. This was his third time to go dark face, does that say something about his attitude of anything racial? Again he was a teacher the 3rd time he did this stunt, doesn" t Canada teach the rich kids anything?  I hope it costs him lots of votes. Even the media is trying to say at 29, he was just a young man, when many people are parents in their 20s and have to be Adult, and think like an adult by the time they are 29.

Yes I bet Daddy Pierre is turning in the grave over this event.  Nice Hair though!

Geezer

13 hours ago, overherebc said:

Absolutely. They have nothing better to do and only do it to stoke the fire under their already inflated ego.

Weird comments from you and Puchaiyank. You'll end up tying yourself in knots like Trudeau with all this po-faced virtue-signalling grandstanding. The whole "everything is racist" bandwagon doesn't go anywhere good - the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Trudy is such a right on politically correct snowflake, just goes to show its all bull that these ,goody goody two shoes are just the same as most of us ,by the way i dont think it was in the least racist or offensive .just like i dont think black people straigtening their hair just like us white folk is not racist .

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Is it really important?  it's fun when he was much younger don't you care more about the burning Amazon? war with Iran or children dying with no food?  I don't like him much but this is absurd.

Much younger? he was a teacher and 29 ,not some kid ,but an adult teaching students , 

5 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

and?  you are hurt?  need therapy?  he dressed up at a party SO WHAT?

I could not give a flying fart whot he gets up too , he can dress up anyway he likes to be honest ,but he is a sanctimonious snowflake and left wing PC ,well i will leave it at that , just glad to see he got caught out . 

1 hour ago, CaptainNemo said:

Weird comments from you and Puchaiyank. You'll end up tying yourself in knots like Trudeau with all this po-faced virtue-signalling grandstanding. The whole "everything is racist" bandwagon doesn't go anywhere good - the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

We need new laws in all countries.

First law. Ban all fancy dress parties.

In UK new laws to stop other nationalities, Scots, Welsh and Irish shall not wear bowler hats and pinstripe suits.

Only Scots can wear kilts.

Only Welsh can wear a leek in their headgear, be it a 'pointed hat' or 'turban'.

Only the Irish can dress up as a 'potato'

Any nationality, except English, shall be banned from forming a queue.

All UK holiday makers shall be banned from getting a really dark suntan.

26 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

and?  you are hurt?  need therapy?  he dressed up at a party SO WHAT?

That's not the point. He worships at the alter of political correctness. So now he has to face the high priests and the faithful followers and be judged by his own standard.

Well it didn't take the right wingnut snowflakes long to come out of the woodwork. We're outraged I tell yeah, outraged! 555. It must of taken the one poster a good hour to cut and paste from The Rebel. Have your 15 minutes of giddiness. That radical bible thumper Tory leader has zero chance outside the prairies. This election won't be rigged, not like the one the dairy cartel stole to get him the Tory leadership. To the morally outraged Albertans on here please tell us when the Edmonton Eskimos will be changing there name? Not very PC.  Here's to 4 more years!

A brown guy explaining how this is nonsense. The blackface was as a teenager in high school. Any of you do something stupid back then?

Archived