Thai police report for non O A longstay

Have to try to renew my non-O "visa" based on retirement next month- Read about having to get criminal record from U.S and here ( Sisaket). Got a report from a webiste in U.S. Today I went to Sisaket police and asked them about a criminal report for me so I could bring it along with everything else to Savannhket next month, and they had no idea what I was talking about-   Is there a form I can get to show them or something-

4 hours ago, john thom said:

Tanoshi-  have a long stay non-O based on retirement

John - I think you have a Non O-A (long stay) Visa.

There is a significant difference between the 'O' and 'O-A' type Visa.

The 'O' is valid 1 year and allows multiple entries of 90 days, at which point you cross a border and re-enter to obtain another 90 day stay. You cannot do 90 day reports at Immigration.

The Non 'O-A' is also valid 1 year, but each entry allows a stay of 1 year (long stay).

You can do 90 day reports at an Immigration office.

If you do indeed have the Non 'O-A' Visa and in relation to your first post, you can only obtain/renew this type of Visa in a Country where you have citizenship or permanent residency status.

As a US citizen it is not available from Lao.

What is the 'enter before' date of your Visa?

I suspect it is next month, in which case, if you exit/re-enter at a border just before this date, you'll be granted permission of stay for another year.

No need for criminal record check, or visiting an Embassy/Consulate. (If my hunch is correct) ???

• Like 1

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers. I tried to explain to her that it's a new law- nobody has 12 months of transfers ( 3 times ). Told her immigration said to give leway because of 1 year of law , she just smiled and said sorry .I've been renewing here for 3 years now. As I live here and have to deal with her and the office I don't want to get on their bad side. going to Laos ( Savannahket ) is no big deal. I just tell them the situation and they will lead me in the right direction I hope-

15 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I believe the 'O' which was valid for 1 year and allows multiple entries of 90 days is no longer available in our home country nor in Thailand.

There are are many embassy or consulate that will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa. About the same for any other non immigrant visa other than a OA or OX visa and possibly couple of other special ones.

It has never been possible to a apply for a multiple entry non-o visa here in the country. They are only issued by embassies and consulates.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are are many embassy or consulate that will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa. About the same for any other non immigrant visa other than a OA or OX visa and possibly couple of other special ones.

It has never been possible to a apply for a multiple entry non-o visa here in the country. They are only issued by embassies and consulates.

Cheers Joe.

Is it correct that a 'multiple entry non-o visa' is no longer available even from the London embassy in person?

If so what is the closest alternative for retired OAP who holidays in the LOS 2 or 3 times year and who likes to stay for 2 or 3 months each time?

Edited by yogi100

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Is it correct that a 'multiple entry non-o visa' is no longer available even from the London embassy in person?

That is correct. In reality the embassy in London was one of the very few embassies that would issue a multiple entry non-o visa for retirement. Many will not ence issue a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over since the will only issue a OA long stay visa.

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

If so what is the closest alternative for retired OAP who holidays in the LOS 2 or 3 times year and who likes to stay for 2 or 3 months each time?

A multiple entry tourist might be the only option. It will allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each 60 day entr can be extended for 30 days. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 9 months of total stay by getting a new 60 day entry just before it expires.

There are a couple of nearby locations that may issue a multiple entry non-o visa but they would want to see 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john thom said:

I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers.

You do not require a police certificate for a non-O visa application in Laos.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct. In reality the embassy in London was one of the very few embassies that would issue a multiple entry non-o visa for retirement. Many will not ence issue a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over since the will only issue a OA long stay visa.

A multiple entry tourist might be the only option. It will allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each 60 day entr can be extended for 30 days. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 9 months of total stay by getting a new 60 day entry just before it expires.

There are a couple of nearby locations that may issue a multiple entry non-o visa but they would want to see 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income.

Thanks again for your help and patience Joe.

Would that 800K have to be in a Thai bank.

I do not want to transfer so much money from a UK bank to a Thai one just to be able to spend my time and money on long holidays in Thailand.

I have a K Bank account but just for my holiday money when I visit.

Is the 60 day visas obtainable from the London embassy and can I extend it for another 30 days in Jomtien if I stay in Pattaya. And is it permitted to get this visa two or three times in a one year period.

I keep my room on all the year round so obviously I want to make the most of it but do not want to live in Thailand. Bit I do spend 6 - 7 months of the year there.

My current O Visa expires 28/3/20.

Thanks yet again Joe.

It gets a bit tiresome all this visa business and asking the embassy on the phone for help is a waste of time even if you can get through to them so I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your help.

Such a daunting process must cost the Thai economy a lot of cash because folk will holiday elsewhere and take their money with them.

For example in 12 weeks with this expensive TB I now spend 180 K - 240 K baht plus my hotel and Thai Airways flight. I have been doing this for around 12 years. Some people I know spend a lot more.

1 hour ago, john thom said:

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers. I tried to explain to her that it's a new law- nobody has 12 months of transfers ( 3 times ). Told her immigration said to give leway because of 1 year of law , she just smiled and said sorry .I've been renewing here for 3 years now. As I live here and have to deal with her and the office I don't want to get on their bad side. going to Laos ( Savannahket ) is no big deal. I just tell them the situation and they will lead me in the right direction I hope-

Hi John Thom,

Reading your post I believe that Tanoshi was right and that you initially entered Thailand with a Non Imm OA Visa.  Such a Visa is valid for 1 year, and if you leave and re-enter Thailand before the Visa expiry date, you will have a permission to stay for another year.  During that second year before leaving Thailand you will need to obtain a re-entry permit, otherwise the validity of that permission to stay will be void.  

At the end of that second year you then need to apply for an Extension of Stay, and when approved you can stay once again a full year before you need to apply for such an Extension of Stay again.  When applying for an Extension of Stay earlier you only had to prove you had sufficient funds to live here in Thailand, which you obviously succeeded with since you wrote that you already 'renewed' 3 years.

So presently you are living here on an Extension of Stay, and wanted to extend that one. 

But earlier this year the rules have changed and you now need to demonstrate that you have 800K/400K in the bank or monthly income transfers of +65.000 THB.

What is worrying and extremely unfortunately for you, is that the SiSaKet immigration office refuses to show leeway because you cannot show a history of 12 month transfers of +65.000 THB.  Even though you rightly pointed out, it's a new law and it's unreasonable to expect that you would meet the requirements at a time when the law was not even issued.  

So you now need to leave the country and apply for a Non Imm O Visa in Laos, so that eventually you can get your extension of stay when you meet the financial requirements, and later on things will be back to normal then.

Is my rendering correct?  If so, then it is extremely unfortunate for you and I would request to meet the highest officer in the SiSaKet IO to plead your case.  Obviously you do not want to perceived as the farang trouble-maker as you need to deal with them afterwards, so the talk should be a friendly polite enquiry (bring your wife or a relative with you so that english/thai is no problem, and have all documents with you).  The talk with the higher officer might avoid you having to go through the trouble of applying for a new Visa in Laos.  You have nothing to lose, and am relatively sure there would be no hard feelings from the lady officer of the SiSaKet office when her decision is turned around, as it is of such importance for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john thom said:

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers.

Ok, you have an extension based on retirement, a permit, not a Visa.

At best, you'll only be able to obtain a single entry Non O Visa at Savannakhet, which will allow a 90 day entry, taking you to January.

The Non O-A Visa is only available from the US.

How many transfers do you have and are they coded as International transfers (FTT).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john thom said:

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. 

You appear to have an extension of stay based on retirement which is not a visa of any kind.

Your references to retirement visa or non Imm O long stay or non Imm O-A, etc are totally confusing to people attempting to give you advice as well as being inaccurate when describing your current situation.. If you've been here 3 years or more you should take a few minutes to understand what you do or don't have especially if you want to ask about what options are now open to you.

Have to try to renew my non-O "visa" based on retirement next Month

Tanoshi-  have a long stay non-O based on retirement

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", 

Thai police report for non O A longstay

t

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

It gets a bit tiresome all this visa business and asking the embassy on the phone for help is a waste of time even if you can get through to them so I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your help.

If your applying through the London Embassy, they now operate an online E-Visa system.

You must register, submit documents online, then the choice of submitting the documents and Passport in person or by post.

The Non Imm O ME Visa is no longer available.

From your travel itinerary, 3 x visits, 2-3 months stays, the Non O-A may be your best option.

If your timing is right, that Visa would allow you to conduct such trips for up to 2 years.

A multi entry Non Imm O-A Visa. (Long stay). Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who are over 50 who intend to remain in Thailand for long periods. This Visa allows unlimited 1 year entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’.

If you leave and re-enter just before the ‘enter before’ date of this Visa type you are granted another 1 year permission to stay. You will however require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave and re-enter Thailand during this 2nd year permission to stay period.

This is because when the Visa expires on the ‘enter before’ date, so does the ME facility which is only valid for the duration of the Visas validity (1 year)

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 24 months with this Visa type.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

From your travel itinerary, 3 x visits, 2-3 months stays, the Non O-A may be your best option.

If your timing is right, that Visa would allow you to conduct such trips for up to 2 years.

A multi entry Non Imm O-A Visa. (Long stay). Valid 1 year. Can be issued to those who are over 50 who intend to remain in Thailand for long periods. This Visa allows unlimited 1 year entries before the ‘enter before’ date of the Visa, at which point this Visa is ‘used’.

If you leave and re-enter just before the ‘enter before’ date of this Visa type you are granted another 1 year permission to stay. You will however require a re-entry permit if you intend to leave and re-enter Thailand during this 2nd year permission to stay period.

This is because when the Visa expires on the ‘enter before’ date, so does the ME facility which is only valid for the duration of the Visas validity (1 year)

If used correctly, you can stay in Thailand for almost 24 months with this Visa type.

Yes, a multi-entry Non Imm OA Visa would be the most convenient method for your travel-pattern, as it can provide you with almost 2 years of visiting Thailand with very little hassles.

If you do not meet the requirements for such a Non Imm OA, a Multi-Entry Tourist Visa (METV) would also be an option. That would allow you to stay almost 9 months in Thailand.  You would however, have to leave Thailand every 2 months (or 3 months if you applied for an extension of stay).  But such border-runs can of course be used to visit neighbouring countries (and that is the original intention for this METV).

Both the Non Imm OA Visa and the METV can only be obtained in your home-country, and not when you are already in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi John Thom,

Reading your post I believe that Tanoshi was right and that you initially entered Thailand with a Non Imm OA Visa.  Such a Visa is valid for 1 year, and if you leave and re-enter Thailand before the Visa expiry date, you will have a permission to stay for another year.  During that second year before leaving Thailand you will need to obtain a re-entry permit, otherwise the validity of that permission to stay will be void.  

At the end of that second year you then need to apply for an Extension of Stay, and when approved you can stay once again a full year before you need to apply for such an Extension of Stay again.  When applying for an Extension of Stay earlier you only had to prove you had sufficient funds to live here in Thailand, which you obviously succeeded with since you wrote that you already 'renewed' 3 years.

So presently you are living here on an Extension of Stay, and wanted to extend that one. 

But earlier this year the rules have changed and you now need to demonstrate that you have 800K/400K in the bank or monthly income transfers of +65.000 THB.

What is worrying and extremely unfortunately for you, is that the SiSaKet immigration office refuses to show leeway because you cannot show a history of 12 month transfers of +65.000 THB.  Even though you rightly pointed out, it's a new law and it's unreasonable to expect that you would meet the requirements at a time when the law was not even issued.  

So you now need to leave the country and apply for a Non Imm O Visa in Laos, so that eventually you can get your extension of stay when you meet the financial requirements, and later on things will be back to normal then.

Is my rendering correct?  If so, then it is extremely unfortunate for you and I would request to meet the highest officer in the SiSaKet IO to plead your case.  Obviously you do not want to perceived as the farang trouble-maker as you need to deal with them afterwards, so the talk should be a friendly polite enquiry (bring your wife or a relative with you so that english/thai is no problem, and have all documents with you).  The talk with the higher officer might avoid you having to go through the trouble of applying for a new Visa in Laos.  You have nothing to lose, and am relatively sure there would be no hard feelings from the lady officer of the SiSaKet office when her decision is turned around, as it is of such importance for you.

Peter- Thanks-, I had my lady with me, plus all documents all 3 times I talked to her about renewing my retirement. IO boss said she knows that I have the funds- I'm tempted to bring the letter from immigration police stating that this is first year and give some leway, but-  don't want to have her lose face and then have to deal with her for the rest of my life here. Think I'll just make the trip to Savannahket and try for the non imm o

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Ok, you have an extension based on retirement, a permit, not a Visa.

At best, you'll only be able to obtain a single entry Non O Visa at Savannakhet, which will allow a 90 day entry, taking you to January.

The Non O-A Visa is only available from the US.

How many transfers do you have and are they coded as International transfers (FTT).

It will be 3 in October

10 minutes ago, john thom said:

Peter- Thanks-, I had my lady with me, plus all documents all 3 times I talked to her about renewing my retirement. IO boss said she knows that I have the funds- I'm tempted to bring the letter from immigration police stating that this is first year and give some leway, but-  don't want to have her lose face and then have to deal with her for the rest of my life here. Think I'll just make the trip to Savannahket and try for the non imm o

Hi John Thom, I understand your dilemma.  But having to leave the country for obtaining a Non Imm O Visa, followed by 9 months in which you would have to make more border-runs before you have reached your 12 months of income transfers, after which  you will be once again in the clear, sounds very excessive to me.  And all this for avoiding loss of face of the immigration officer?

But indeed, it's your choice and if the prospect of having to meet her again every year after her decision was reversed, is worse than all the hassle you subject yourself to during coming 9 months, I understand your choice.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

John Thom, better check - as Tanoshi already brought up - whether the 3 income transfers of +65.000 THB you already conducted did show up on your thai bank-account book with this FTT marking.

FYI: The FTT marking indicates that your thai bank received the income/pension transfer from abroad.  And it is required that each of those 12 transfers has this FTT-reference.  There are some horror-stories of TVF-members that thought they were in full compliance, but were one of the transfers did not had that FTT-mark, and their application of stay was denied. 

A warned man....

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, john thom said:

It will be 3 in October

From 2020, you have to provide a full 12 month of transfers.

A 90 day entry from a single entry Non O Visa will take you to January, but you'll only have 5 transfers.

You still clearly won't have enough transfers for a further extension.

The amended Police Order accepting proof of income in a Thai bank was issued in January 2019.

For some reason you only started monthly transfers from August 2019 and that may be the reason why Sisaket didn't show any leniency.

Option 1. Return to Sisaket with the order of leniency and plead ignorance.

Leniency-ImmMemoForIncomeProof(ENG).pdfLeniancy-ImmMemoForIncomeProof(TH).pdf

Option 2. Try and obtain a Non O SE Visa locally and transfer 800K into a Thai bank.

Option 3 Return to the US and apply for the Non O-A Visa.

• Like 1