BANGKOK
john thom

Thai police report for non O A longstay

Have to try to renew my non-O "visa" based on retirement next month- Read about having to get criminal record from U.S and here ( Sisaket). Got a report from a webiste in U.S. Today I went to Sisaket police and asked them about a criminal report for me so I could bring it along with everything else to Savannhket next month, and they had no idea what I was talking about-   Is there a form I can get to show them or something-

the thai police clearance certificate-  is it a form- , I only say this because Sisaket police had no idea what I was talking about. 

23 minutes ago, john thom said:

the thai police clearance certificate-  is it a form- , I only say this because Sisaket police had no idea what I was talking about. 

It can only be applied for at the Police clearance center in Bangkok. See: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

• Thanks 2

Confused by your topic heading Non O-A Visa and your post Non O Visa.

Which one are you applying for exactly?

• Like 1

Tanoshi-  have a long stay non-O based on retirement

4 hours ago, john thom said:

Tanoshi-  have a long stay non-O based on retirement

John - I think you have a Non O-A (long stay) Visa.

There is a significant difference between the 'O' and 'O-A' type Visa.

The 'O' is valid 1 year and allows multiple entries of 90 days, at which point you cross a border and re-enter to obtain another 90 day stay. You cannot do 90 day reports at Immigration.

The Non 'O-A' is also valid 1 year, but each entry allows a stay of 1 year (long stay).

You can do 90 day reports at an Immigration office.

If you do indeed have the Non 'O-A' Visa and in relation to your first post, you can only obtain/renew this type of Visa in a Country where you have citizenship or permanent residency status.

As a US citizen it is not available from Lao.

What is the 'enter before' date of your Visa?

I suspect it is next month, in which case, if you exit/re-enter at a border just before this date, you'll be granted permission of stay for another year.

No need for criminal record check, or visiting an Embassy/Consulate. (If my hunch is correct) ???

• Like 1

I unfortunately need to go and do another one of these. This time I need to prepare all the documents myself instead of a school doing it for me 😞

how make weeks do I need to wait after I’ve gone and done the fingerprints / submitted the documents? 

Tanoshi,  I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers. I tried to explain to her that it's a new law- nobody has 12 months of transfers ( 3 times ). Told her immigration said to give leway because of 1 year of law , she just smiled and said sorry .I've been renewing here for 3 years now. As I live here and have to deal with her and the office I don't want to get on their bad side. going to Laos ( Savannahket ) is no big deal. I just tell them the situation and they will lead me in the right direction I hope-

I believe the 'O' which was valid for 1 year and allows multiple entries of 90 days is no longer available in our home country nor in Thailand.

15 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I believe the 'O' which was valid for 1 year and allows multiple entries of 90 days is no longer available in our home country nor in Thailand.

There are are many embassy or consulate that will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa. About the same for any other non immigrant visa other than a OA or OX visa and possibly couple of other special ones.

It has never been possible to a apply for a multiple entry non-o visa here in the country. They are only issued by embassies and consulates.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are are many embassy or consulate that will not issue a multiple entry non-o visa. About the same for any other non immigrant visa other than a OA or OX visa and possibly couple of other special ones.

It has never been possible to a apply for a multiple entry non-o visa here in the country. They are only issued by embassies and consulates.

Cheers Joe.

Is it correct that a 'multiple entry non-o visa' is no longer available even from the London embassy in person?

If so what is the closest alternative for retired OAP who holidays in the LOS 2 or 3 times year and who likes to stay for 2 or 3 months each time?

Edited by yogi100

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Is it correct that a 'multiple entry non-o visa' is no longer available even from the London embassy in person?

That is correct. In reality the embassy in London was one of the very few embassies that would issue a multiple entry non-o visa for retirement. Many will not ence issue a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over since the will only issue a OA long stay visa.

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

If so what is the closest alternative for retired OAP who holidays in the LOS 2 or 3 times year and who likes to stay for 2 or 3 months each time?

A multiple entry tourist might be the only option. It will allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Each 60 day entr can be extended for 30 days. It is possible to get a total stay of almost 9 months of total stay by getting a new 60 day entry just before it expires.

There are a couple of nearby locations that may issue a multiple entry non-o visa but they would want to see 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john thom said:

I have a Retirement "visa", It expires Oct 20,2019. Went to my IO here in Sisaket to renew last month. IO officer said I didn't have 12 months of transfers so I should go to laos get a 1 year non O, or A (since not married to my lady ) to build up my transfers.

You do not require a police certificate for a non-O visa application in Laos.