Thai police report for non O A longstay

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A 90 day entry from a single entry Non O Visa will take you to January, but you'll only have 5 transfers.

That would make it his first extension when using a new non-o visa. No need for 12 transfers for the first extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi John Thom, I understand your dilemma.  But having to leave the country for obtaining a Non Imm O Visa, followed by 9 months in which you would have to make more border-runs before you have reached your 12 months of income transfers, after which  you will be once again in the clear, sounds very excessive to me.  And all this for avoiding loss of face of the immigration officer?

But indeed, it's your choice and if the prospect of having to meet her again every year after her decision was reversed, is worse than all the hassle you subject yourself to during coming 9 months, I understand your choice.

check, It'll be a nice 3 road trip for us- fun- not too bad going to Laos-

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would make it his first extension when using a new non-o visa. No need for 12 transfers for the first extension.

Thanks UbonJoe for your comment, which is - as always - correct.

So after all, it's only a matter for JohnThom going one time abroad to get a Non Imm O Visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

On paper in a Police Order agreed.

However Immigration as often said are making up their own rules.

Friend in a similar position, refused extension in August (ext due Sept) due to inadequate monthly transfer. (2 of). Just obtained a SE Non Imm O.

However Immigration insisted they will only issue an extension if he provides 5/6 monthly continuous monthly transfers in December.

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi John Thom, I understand your dilemma.  But having to leave the country for obtaining a Non Imm O Visa, followed by 9 months in which you would have to make more border-runs before you have reached your 12 months of income transfers, after which  you will be once again in the clear, sounds very excessive to me.  And all this for avoiding loss of face of the immigration officer?

But indeed, it's your choice and if the prospect of having to meet her again every year after her decision was reversed, is worse than all the hassle you subject yourself to during coming 9 months, I understand your choice.

He won't get a 1 year Non Imm O ME, at best he'll get a 90 day SE Non O.

20 minutes ago, john thom said:

90 day se non-o, then go back and get another every 90 days till I have enough transfers for 1 year?

Just try getting one first.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106949-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of retirement in Thailand. The Validity of Visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required Documents

1. Visa application Form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original Passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows The applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and The expiration date of passport).
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank Statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official Letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Notes

• Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
  • Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only. Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.
  • Document in foreign languages must be translated into Thai. If translated into English, it should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission.
  • The applicant must sign on each page of copies of documents.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have written before you do not need one year of transfers if you get a single entry non-o visa. You only need a couple of transfers since it will be considered your first extension of stay application. It appears you will have 5 transfers if apply near the end your 90 day entry from the visa.

thanks Joe-  new to all this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Just try getting one first.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106949-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

Non-Immigrant Visa "O" is issued to applicants who wish to enter Thailand for the purpose of retirement in Thailand. The Validity of Visa is 3 months. The permitted length of stay is up to 90 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

Required Documents

1. Visa application Form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original Passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows The applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and The expiration date of passport).
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank Statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official Letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Notes

• Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
  • Visa Fee must be paid in Thai Baht only. Visa Fees are not refundable in any cases.
  • Document in foreign languages must be translated into Thai. If translated into English, it should be notarized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission.
  • The applicant must sign on each page of copies of documents.

thanks- just new to all this, never had any problems before-

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As I have written before you do not need one year of transfers if you get a single entry non-o visa. You only need a couple of transfers since it will be considered your first extension of stay application. It appears you will have 5 transfers if apply near the end your 90 day entry from the visa.

By the book, not always in practice.

This unfortunately is the predicament many expats are facing this year due to amendments, which are being clearly misinterpreted or ignored this year.

Hopefully from 2020, when only monthly transfers of 12 x 65K are acceptable, some of the shenanigans being practiced this year will evaporate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

By the book, not always in practice.

This unfortunately is the predicament many expats are facing this year due to amendments, which are being clearly misinterpreted or ignored this year.

Hopefully from 2020, when only monthly transfers of 12 x 65K are acceptable, some of the shenanigans being practiced this year will evaporate.

check, gotta just keeping on keeping on

On 9/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, Tanoshi said:

Ok, you have an extension based on retirement, a permit, not a Visa.

At best, you'll only be able to obtain a single entry Non O Visa at Savannakhet, which will allow a 90 day entry, taking you to January.

The Non O-A Visa is only available from the US.

How many transfers do you have and are they coded as International transfers (FTT).

"The Non O-A visa is only available from the US"   This should state "in the case of Americans. I am Australian and got mine in Australia which is the only place an Australian can get it.   Not wishing to be pedantic, but if not explained correctly it can cause some confusion if read by a 'newbie'

Edited by Huckenfell

25 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

"The Non O-A visa is only available from the US"   This should state "in the case of Americans. I am Australian and got mine in Australia which is the only place an Australian can get it.   Not wishing to be pedantic, but if not explained correctly it can cause some confusion if read by a 'newbie'

Jeez!

Read the OP's original post.

Have to try to renew my non-O "visa" based on retirement next month- Read about having to get criminal record from U.S and here ( Sisaket). Got a report from a webiste in U.S.

59 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

It should be:An O-A Long Stay Visa can only be obtained in the country where the applicant is a citizen = the home country. In your case only in Canberra.

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

The Police record is only for the O-A Visa. Get it?

Oh I got it a long time ago.

The OP is on an extension and can't renew so wants a Non O Visa.

The Non O-A and Police report was a red herring as we discovered if you followed from the beginning.

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Oh I got it a long time ago.

The OP is on an extension and can't renew so wants a Non O Visa.

The Non O-A and Police report was a red herring as we discovered if you followed from the beginning.

The problem as I see it was that the OP in several early posts didn't say if he had an O or an O-A visa. He was just rambling about his "retirement" visa.