Friendly Atmosphere at Cm Immigration

Danthai

Yesterday afternoon processed a married Visa from a retired visa with less than the 12 months. So they are honoring the leniency policy. After 23 years of visas there have not had too much difficulty. Some for marriage, some for retirement, and 10 years for teaching at Payap University and RMUTL under contract and work permit.

The Immigration lady was super friendly and kind going through all the documents and explaining to wife details as we went. It was a very cordial and non - threatening experience for both of us. I had 7 direct deposits from two Government pensions that in total was 10,000 per month more than needed. She did make sure that we understood that next year must gave full 12 months deposits or the 400,000 in the bank for two months. No medical insurance required, but provided a letter from Tricare that I was covered.

This was first time at new immigration and found it to be a really improved experience. As for TM 30, she said if I go out of country can bring in passport and update TM 30 already in passport, like they did three years ago. 

So if your paperwork and bank letters, pictures, etc are all correct, you should have a good experience.

I went in for a retirement extension last month, done it enough times to know what documents were required and showed them. The officer complemented me with a "you are very ready". The whole thing went very well, extension and re-entry. No complaints at all.

We can thank Big Joke for the changes (pity he is gone) to where who knows,

I was worried after he got the sack things at Chiang Mai Immigration would

regress to what they used to be,which was really bad,up at 4 to get in queue

bad,just hope it lasts.

regards worgeordie

CM Immigration has been good in the last year for many posters such as the OP.

My personal experience has also been very good for a retirement extension of stay, 90 day reporting and also TM30 ( at CM , required only after overseas trips , not local ). 

The CM Immigration offices are well run with plenty of seating in new air conditioned offices. Completely different experience to previous years.

Yes Chiang Mai office is wonderful now, but not the regiment section. 

I went there for my 1st extension in Chiang Mai she asked me what I have done in BKK that want to move to Chiang Mai. ???????? then she told me when you come to pick up your passport bring a copy from all pages of your lease. I asked why do you need the lease copy ? She replied: I want to make sure you stay here for long. ????????????

Danthai,  You mentioned that you show the IMO a copy of letter from Tricare.  That is good news to me because I did not realize that Tricare coverage applies abroad.  I have Tricare for Life, coupled with Federal employee benefit (FEHB), as well as comprehensive health care plan, through Cigna Health Spring. I had no idea that Tricare would be appropriate for health insurance coverage.  Thanks for mentioning it in your post.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If you have all the required paperwork, there seems to be no problem. The IO's must get exasperated with farangs that turn up unprepared, and expect smooth sailing.

and  farangs  must get exasperated when the paper  they provide telling them what they require  has a whole  host  of things  missing or as in my  case  few  years back claim the whole bedroom wasnt in the photo and was  no good or the year they said  photo must be on PHOTO  paper whereas the previous  years were on normal A4 and passed, <deleted>  like that petty nonsense.

12 hours ago, Ej2562 said:

Danthai,  You mentioned that you show the IMO a copy of letter from Tricare.  That is good news to me because I did not realize that Tricare coverage applies abroad.  I have Tricare for Life, coupled with Federal employee benefit (FEHB), as well as comprehensive health care plan, through Cigna Health Spring. I had no idea that Tricare would be appropriate for health insurance coverage.  Thanks for mentioning it in your post.

Here is a link that explains the overseas eligibility.    https://tricare.mil/tfl

Have used Tricare and Tricare OS since retiring from military in 87. Used Tricare in Thailand for 23 years. After yearly deduction of $150 of allowable, they pay 75% of allowable and you pay 25%. Over $3000 allowable charges in the year they pay 100% for rest of year. Starts over on Jan 1.

You can obtain a letter verifying your coverage by going online to DFAS account and following their directions. If legally married to a Thai wife, you can go through JUSTMAG Bangkok and get her signed up in DEERS system for ID card.

The I/O that processed our marriage extension seemed to know about Tricare Medical coverage already.  You can fill out and scan DD Tricare form, form filled out by Dr. and proof of payment receipt and send directly to Tricare for processing online. They will send refund direct deposit to a US account or send check to you here. Does not cover eye or teeth care, and a few other things. Google Tricare Overseas claim portal and sign up for an account. 

Archived