BANGKOK
webfact

Poll – Most commuters dissatisfied with passenger vans and taxis

Poll – Most commuters dissatisfied with passenger vans and taxis

bangkok-cab-city-1682750.jpg

Most commuters have complained about the poor service provided by passenger vans, citing rudeness, reckless driving and the poor condition of the vehicles. People who use taxis said they have had bad experiences with cabbies refusing to pick up fares.

The above findings are from an opinion survey, conducted by the Land Transport Department in August, to gauge the opinion of the public about public transport services, specifically taxis, passenger vans and motorcycle taxis. The findings will be used by the department in its consideration of improvements to public transport services, which will ensure fairness for both the service providers and the commuters, said the department head Mr. Thanee Suebruek on Wednesday.

Results of the survey regarding passenger vans show 49% of the respondents want improvements in the condition of the vans, while only 12% said they were satisfied with the vehicles’ condition. 46% disapproved of the performance of drivers against 17% who gave them a thumbs up and 43% who said they dreaded using their services.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/poll-most-commuters-dissatisfied-with-passenger-vans-and-taxis/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 2

Like the Grab Bike ( Win ) if it's not raining. Fair deal.

I'm not in BKK, I'm "up north" but I really like Grab.  They're cheaper than taxis, better maintained, and they come to you.

The worst here are TukTuks, the most expensive, most dangerous, most uncomfortable.  I shake my head in amazement that the best of the three is the most economical.  Sometimes I wish people would buy a Grab monthly contract rather than a Yingluk car promotion that they're going to have repossessed.  When I first 'got off the boat' here I was counting scooters and it was a bike:car ratio something like 20:1.  If you were wealthy and could afford a car in cash then you could actually use it, and be as snooty as you like.

Looking at the BTS pics above, straight away I can see design efficiencies that could have been employed before the plan was set in stone.  A bit late now though.  Maybe the decision makers could take a trip to Tokyo to learn how its done.

Hope the BKK Submarine works better when it's water world.

Edited by Shiver
  • Like 2

As they say, nothing new to see here and nothing is going to change.

Same old, same old  ..... not sure why time and money is wasted on useless surveys that we all know about the results already regarding transport shortcomings in Bangkok.

if I am cynical forgive me but I would put money on it that in 12 months time it will get worse not better.

• Like 2