Poll – Most commuters dissatisfied with passenger vans and taxis

webfact

2 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Not only dissatisfied, which is an understatement. Passengers are also in danger of being innocent bystanders in possible taxi turf wars against Grab and co....

Hence why i never use public transportation here. I always either rent a car or motorbike or buy 1. Then take myself places. Then i cant get scamed or my life 100% in someone elses hands. As my life is now 50% in my hands. 

9 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

We used the bus, which was worse than the Sky Train is now, used our motorcycles, walked, if the distance was not too far, and in the rainy season stayed home and phoned in sick.

'nuf sed.

I only use the busses when in Bkk. After 5pm only use air con, very relaxing.

22 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not sure if Uber &

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

How many times do we have to read or hear adverse comments about Taxi's and Mini Buses before anything is done about them ? This will go on forever unless the Cops and Government get serious and start using heavy handed tactics to get things sorted.  Sadly i don't think it will ever happen, so the misery will continue.

Grab are legal yet but perhaps the Land Transport Department could use this to allow these private providers to operate legally without threats from the Taxi & van mafia. 

Transport ministers should be made to use public transport to get to work  and anyone who works under him.

The most dangerous vehicle I have ever seen on the road in my world travels is those 9 passenger vans from Suvarnubhum to Pattaya on the Motorway........driven by drunk Yahbah infused idiots that have been up partying all night and speeding down the Motorway at 140 + Km/hr..........as evidenced by the countless multiple death crashes.

I would walk to Pattaya before ever getting in one of those Vans.

22 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Vans and taxis? Try the skytrain... (Took these photos this morning.) This enterprise IMHO is a disgrace! A big money spinner due to high demand, but with little money reinvested.

20190919_071135.jpg

20190919_075606.jpg

20190919_072213.jpg

20190919_071144.jpg

20190919_071140.jpg

Well your pics show that it’s no picnic there for sure, but I’m guessing you never had to cope with Bangkok traffic when there *was no Skytrain. Guess what? It was worse.

You took the photos in the morning? The clock in your first photo says 2:10 pm... Can’t be in the am, ‘cause the Skytrain closes at midnight...

3 minutes ago, anexpat said:

Well your pics show that it’s no picnic there for sure, but I’m guessing you never had to cope with Bangkok traffic when there *was no Skytrain. Guess what? It was worse.

You took the photos in the morning? The clock in your first photo says 2:10 pm... Can’t be in the am, ‘cause the Skytrain closes at midnight...

Nice spot dude, nice spot. Points to you!

My thought is that the Land Transport Department and/or Airport Authority of Thailand made getting a fair shake from taxis at the airport impossible when they replaced the old manned taxi stand where staff wrote the ticket with the fare on it with the automatic ticket stands with no prices on them. "I'm a Thai Taxi Driver Trust Me".

6 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

They are working and I am retired.

Good for you. This is so refreshing to see... It's not a particularly fun job but they are driving for a living... I also always give them deference and right of way... they have families to feed and if I arrive 30 seconds later it is not a big deal... 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

Vans and taxis? Try the skytrain... (Took these photos this morning.) This enterprise IMHO is a disgrace! A big money spinner due to high demand, but with little money reinvested.

And what is your point?

london underground:

https://images.app.goo.gl/uMA56xJk25a9Z14Z8

NY subway:

https://images.app.goo.gl/xCq54jBUDhwzJsVf8

Tokyo:

https://images.app.goo.gl/3cKBf5sPFxHEAKdm6

Paris:

https://images.app.goo.gl/UrjvhqoNoeKT3Lnz8

Plenty more pics on google. Same story every where.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, genobkk said:

New extensions have made it much worse.  The MRT is mush worse with 3 car trains running every 5 min at Rush hour.  Extra train carriages need to be added to both, MRT needs to run more frequently.  Just imagine when all the new routs go online, it will be unusable unless platforms are expanded and longer trains used 

In KL on my routes, off peak usually 2 cars every 10-12 min or so... rush hour, 4 cars usually within every 5 min.  Rarely or almost never did the car look like those photos above.  

Archived