Do Thai People Like to "rat" on others? Is it Thai to snitch?

4675636b596f75

Along with a huge sign telling owners that they cannot rent their condos for daily or weekly AirBnB, this sign has a prominent place encouraging the residents here to snitch on each other.   I've never seen a dog here, but I know lots of residents have cats. 

Would you ever expect to see a sign like this in your home country?  How do you feel about Thais encouraging Thais to rat on one another?  This condo complex is mostly Thai.  

Is it normal for Thais to snitch?

20190629_173028.jpg

4 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

No Dogs Allowed signs where they don't want dogs....

No exactly original....

Can't say I'd want them in my building either....

It's hard to hide a dog.  It's not hard to have a cat.  What they are doing, is encouraging you to look into other's condos and take a photograph or just snitch on them.  I find this type of behaviour to be reprehensible.

They are encouraging peeping Toms.  

For the record, my cat walks around naked.

13 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Is it normal for Thais to snitch?

I dont know, they usually dont let me comment about matters like this from my secret residence in the Witness Protection Program.

9 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

It's hard to hide a dog.  It's not hard to have a cat.  What they are doing, is encouraging you to look into other's condos and take a photograph or just snitch on them.  I find this type of behaviour to be reprehensible.

They are encouraging peeping Toms.  

I think it does not have to be interpreted like this.

If you would hear from time to time one or more dogs barking in your (non pet) building then I guess you would ask yourself: Where does it come from? And if it's annoying then you wouldn't like it.

But maybe the building is big and it's not so easy for you to find out where the noise comes from.

And that is where the sign comes in: Neighbors are asked to make sure the building is in the condition it should be.

It's like having a sign: If you see someone throwing garbage on the floor then please report this person.

Personally I wouldn't report anybody with a cat if I knew it would be there. And I know one guy in our building who has a small dog who seems to never bark. No problem. But if there would be a noisy dog...

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's like having a sign: If you see someone throwing garbage on the floor then please report this person.

No it isn't.  Are they throwing the trash on their own floor?  If so, you should mind your own business.  A barking dog is one thing, but to peer into the windows of a residence so you can rat on the cat, isn't Kosher.

If however, the trash drips into your condo, or stinks up your condo, then it became your business.  If my pussy sits in the window sunning himself only to be snitched on by some Thai across the way, what harm did my pussy do to anyone?

Do you think a Brit or an American, especially an American, would snitch like this?  

I don't think so.

No it isn't.  Are they throwing the trash on their own floor?  If so, you should mind your own business.  A barking dog is one thing, but to peer into the windows of a residence so you can rat on the cat, isn't Kosher.

If however, the trash drips into your condo, or stinks up your condo, then it became your business.  If my pussy sits in the window sunning himself only to be snitched on by some Thai across the way, what harm did my pussy do to anyone?

Do you think a Brit or an American, especially an American, would snitch like this?  

I don't think so.

You have a pussy?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Some is blatantly violating the rules in my building I sure as hell would. Thats my investment. I bought it because of the rules. So did you, pet owner.

37 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Some is blatantly violating the rules in my building I sure as hell would. Thats my investment. I bought it because of the rules. So did you, pet owner.

I chose to ignore that rule.  My baby makes more of mess than my pussy.

12 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I chose to ignore that rule.  My baby makes more of mess than my pussy.

Than I chose to laugh hysterically as your pussy is dragged away, or you move, or pay a condo fine, and I shall sit in my vestibule with my lawyer until you are forced to sell.

Im a pussy lover to the max, but a no pets rule is a no pets rule. If one of my tenants brings a pet in, they are gone. My tolerance for rule breaking extends until my pocketbook gets fingered.

2 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Yes its normal in Thailand but not very unique. You will notice in societies that have very little individualism that people tend to rat on the person who is not performing in coherence with the collective. You will notice this not only in Asian societies but also in Middle Eastern societies. Outside of culture there is also the issue of ideology. You can as an example see a snitching culture under communist rule and how East Germans used to rat on each other. 

what harm did my pussy do to anyone?

ask someone with allergies...

seems press leaks and now a whistle blower - - quite common - no?

46 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Than I chose to laugh hysterically as your pussy is dragged away, or you move, or pay a condo fine, and I shall sit in my vestibule with my lawyer until you are forced to sell.

Im a pussy lover to the max, but a no pets rule is a no pets rule. If one of my tenants brings a pet in, they are gone. My tolerance for rule breaking extends until my pocketbook gets fingered.

My pussy never took a marker to a wall.  Can't say the same for the baby.

Archived