TM30 Info

CMBob

Having flown into the country last evening, went to Chignamai Immigration this morning to update the TM30 Receipt of Notification.  Headed up to third floor, given queue number 047, was called up in less than a minute, and 2 minutes later was on my way.  Rather efficient.

Would note:

(1)  I asked two officers about whether there was any need to update due to being gone in-country for a few days.  Answer was no, only need to update when re-entering Thailand.  The sign there seemed to say the same thing....

(2)  As has been noted by others, they're open for updating of TM30 Receipts of Notification on Saturday and Sunday.

TM30Notice1.jpg

TM30Notice2.jpg

I just returned from short trip in Singapore, told my wife she needs to submit TM30 ashouse owner.

Went to Chonburi imm. with her and all the docs, my wife filled in the form, when she presented the docs to IO she asked why she you submitting this?, my wife replied "because law told me to" and received a polite smile. She still asked for my passport, I commented to my wife "lucky I came with you"

They really don't know what thry are doing.

14 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

and the last 2 times I have left the country Rayong immigration haven't required one.  it's just rinse repeat from different parts of the country and that's why there are so many posts about it.

in my case rayong ask for an update and just do something on the computer and put a date stamp on the old receipt.' did mine 2 weeks ago,

I'm not quite sure where long-stay foreigners heard or how they came to believe that they and/or the Thai person who owns the place in which they stay must report physically to Immigration to "update" their TM.30 each time they arrive anew in Thailand.

Some years back, when moving to a new residence, it is true that the Thai owner of the property where I stay was required physically to come in to Chiang Mai Immigration with Tabien Baan book and Thai ID card to register the first time and apply for online internet access to do future reports. 

At that time, we received the bottom half of the white form entitled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION", appropriately signed by the immigration officer, dated, stamped in red with the Immigration seal, and with my name, the owner's name, address, and online-reporting account number assigned to the owner written in ink by the Immigration officer onto the form.  Since then, I have kept that form tucked into my passport, although never again asked for it.

Since then I have left Thailand and returned many, many times.  Of course, each time I am reported to be here via the online system (currently, I believe, still athttps://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/), always within 24 hours of such international arrival, as well after returning from stays at hotels elsewhere in Thailand.

Never has the owner ever been fined or required to come in again, at least after being registered for the convenience of online reporting, as above-board cooperating hotels/guest-houses use routinely.  Never upon my once-per-year, in-person visit to extend my permission to stay has that form ever been asked for.  [CORRECTION: To avoid any problems, I now remember I did xerox that RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION and submitted it along with all the xerox copies at my last renewal of permission to stay.  Whether it was needed or not, or they would have asked for it if were not submitted, I do not know.  But the next sentence remains valid:]  Its existence from years ago is obviously in the Immigration system's database, as is the most recent online report filed after any returns, international or domestic, to this lodging.

So I wonder why this is not the experience of others who return to the same place, again and again.  Perhaps in such cases, the landlord or householder has not bothered to enroll in, or has been unaware of, or just refuses to use the relatively easy-to-use online reporting system maintained by Immigration.  It was undoubtedly developed primarily to make life easier for the hundreds of thousands of hotel/guest-house establishments in the country.  But non-commercial household owners can use it, too.

1 hour ago, Bruce404 said:

I'm not quite sure where long-stay foreigners heard or how they came to believe that they and/or the Thai person who owns the place in which they stay must report physically to Immigration to "update" their TM.30 each time they arrive anew in Thailand.

Some years back, when moving to a new residence, it is true that the Thai owner of the property where I stay was required physically to come in to Chiang Mai Immigration with Tabien Baan book and Thai ID card to register the first time and apply for online internet access to do future reports. 

At that time, we received the bottom half of the white form entitled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION", appropriately signed by the immigration officer, dated, stamped in red with the Immigration seal, and with my name, the owner's name, address, and online-reporting account number assigned to the owner written in ink by the Immigration officer onto the form.  Since then, I have kept that form tucked into my passport, although never again asked for it.

Since then I have left Thailand and returned many, many times.  Of course, each time I am reported to be here via the online system (currently, I believe, still athttps://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/), always within 24 hours of such international arrival, as well after returning from stays at hotels elsewhere in Thailand.

Never has the owner ever been fined or required to come in again, at least after being registered for the convenience of online reporting, as above-board cooperating hotels/guest-houses use routinely.  Never upon my once-per-year, in-person visit to extend my permission to stay has that form ever been asked for.  [CORRECTION: To avoid any problems, I now remember I did xerox that RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION and submitted it along with all the xerox copies at my last renewal of permission to stay.  Whether it was needed or not, or they would have asked for it if were not submitted, I do not know.  But the next sentence remains valid:]  Its existence from years ago is obviously in the Immigration system's database, as is the most recent online report filed after any returns, international or domestic, to this lodging.

So I wonder why this is not the experience of others who return to the same place, again and again.  Perhaps in such cases, the landlord or householder has not bothered to enroll in, or has been unaware of, or just refuses to use the relatively easy-to-use online reporting system maintained by Immigration.  It was undoubtedly developed primarily to make life easier for the hundreds of thousands of hotel/guest-house establishments in the country.  But non-commercial household owners can use it, too.

You have apparently not read the hundreds of posts on this matter. Basically, it all depends on which IO you see.  The law is there, it is the implementation that is quite random. 

57 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:
Atfer reading so much discussion on TM 30 and TM28 I went to CM office. I had returned back on Aug 8 and when I went yesterday I told to go upstairs to third floor. No waiting and was told I could do TM30 for my landlord. Took 45 seconds and they updated passport and I went home.
  •  

Earl,

Why is so easy for you while others are leaving the country because of it?

29 minutes ago, stament said:

Reported in 0940 Saturday morning took 1min nobody in the queue.

Saturdays are the way forward for TM30 reporting, gotta love CM immigration for opening up on Saturdays ????

Did you report within 24 hours of arriving?

If I land on a Wednesday, I don't think I can report on Saturday... Can I?

20 minutes ago, ricktak said:

Not meaning to change the subject but I will be arriving in Chiang Mai next week and then driving to Tak, can I file my TM30 while in Chiang Mai or do I have to do it in Tak. Thanks

You need to be a bit more precise.

It is the owner of the place where a foreigner is staying, that is supposed to file a TM30 within 24 hours of the foreigner arriving at that place (that can be a hotel, the condo that you rent, the house of your wife/girlfriend, etc).

Of course if you are the owner of the place where you are staying you as owner are supposed to file a TM30 of you as foreigner staying in that place.

Please note that TM30 compliance is only checked when you apply for an extension of stay at your provincial IO (for most of us, that would be once a year).  TM30 compliance is NOT checked when doing your 90 day reporting.

So you only need to ensure that a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying, when visiting your provincial IO for an extension of stay.

To be on the safe side, it is also recommended to ensure that a TM30 has been filed after you return from a trip from abroad.

Although the law expects it, If you are making many domestic trips in Thailand there is no need that you (or your landlord or wife/girlfriend that owns the place where you live) files a TM30 each time after you return from a trip.  As mentioned higher, just ensure that a TM30 has been filed when you visit your provincial IO for an extension of stay.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:03 PM, Bruce404 said:

The danger as i understand of not doing a TM30 if you go 1 mtr out of your registered province for more than 24 hours  is the risk of refusal of extention of stay

On 9/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, ricktak said:

Not meaning to change the subject but I will be arriving in Chiang Mai next week and then driving to Tak, can I file my TM30 while in Chiang Mai or do I have to do it in Tak. Thanks

All depends on what kind of visa you are on and where you will be staying.

1 hour ago, Almer said:

The danger as i understand of not doing a TM30 if you go 1 mtr out of your registered province for more than 24 hours  is the risk of refusal of extention of stay

HI Almer,

Luckily it is not like that!

For starters, nobody will know that you made a trip to another province unless you stayed at a Hotel/guesthouse that asked for your passport so that the Hotel could do the mandatory TM30 filing of your stay.  Also if you are with your wife/girlfriend and her ID-card was used for checking into the Hotel, nobody will know.

TM30 compliance is ONLY checked when you visit your provincial IO for an extension of stay (for most of us, that would be once a year).  And most IO's also don't care whether a TM30 has been filed after a trip to another province (why should they, it is already outdated information when you do your application).

They do however expect a TM30 to be filed after your return from a trip abroad (the reason being that you will have gotten a new entry/departure card TM6 and the number of that card has to be on the TM30 filing).

So the Golden Rule is: Don't bother/worry about intermediary TM30s and just ensure that a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying when applying for an extension of stay at your provincial IO.

Note: If your 'home' is your own or wife's house, register the house on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you or your wife to file a TM30 of yourself or any friend/foreigner staying at your house.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

HI Almer,

Luckily it is not like that!

For starters, nobody will know that you made a trip to another province unless you stayed at a Hotel/guesthouse that asked for your passport so that the Hotel could do the mandatory TM30 filing of your stay.  Also if you are with your wife/girlfriend and her ID-card was used for checking into the Hotel, nobody will know.

TM30 compliance is ONLY checked when you visit your provincial IO for an extension of stay (for most of us, that would be once a year).  And most IO's also don't care whether a TM30 has been filed after a trip to another province (why should they, it is already outdated information when you do your application).

They do however expect a TM30 to be filed after your return from a trip abroad (the reason being that you will have gotten a new entry/departure card TM6 and the number of that card has to be on the TM30 filing).

So the Golden Rule is: Don't bother/worry about intermediary TM30s and just ensure that a current TM30 has been filed from the place where you are staying when applying for an extension of stay at your provincial IO.

Note: If your 'home' is your own or wife's house, register the house on the IO TM30 website, which will allow you or your wife to file a TM30 of yourself or any friend/foreigner staying at your house.

Hi   I was meaning if you go to a hotel  which is the wrong side of the provincial.

So next week i will stay 1 night in Korat 3 nights in Pattaya 1 night in Korat on the return, are we all in agreement  there is  no need to do a TM30 on return to our home in KK my extension is end of December, And how will this play out with the demise of the TM6.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

Hi   I was meaning if you go to a hotel  which is the wrong side of the provincial.

So next week i will stay 1 night in Korat 3 nights in Pattaya 1 night in Korat on the return, are we all in agreement  there is  no need to do a TM30 on return to our home in KK my extension is end of December ?

Your TM30 compliance will only be checked when you go for your extension of stay end of December.

Although the law requires that a TM30 is also filed when you return from provincial trips, there is no real need for doing so if you are still going to make additional trips before your extension of stay is due. 

But a TM30 should be filed after your return home when you will not be doing any additional trips before your visit to the provincial IO, as that will then be the current TM30 that will be checked when doing your extension of stay.

26 minutes ago, Almer said:

So next week i will stay 1 night in Korat 3 nights in Pattaya 1 night in Korat on the return, are we all in agreement  there is  no need to do a TM30 on return to our home in KK my extension is end of December, And how will this play out with the demise of the TM6.

Re the TM6 > When filing a TM30 report your entry/departure card TM6-number needs to be filled in.

That's the reason that a TM30 also needs to be filed when arriving from abroad.

When you will not leave/re-enter Thailand between now and your application for extension of stay end of December, there is no change re your TM6, and any TM30s filed after your last entry in Thailand will carry that current TM6 number.

So to summarize > no issue at all.

21 hours ago, stillhereandlovinit said:

I landed back in Savanabhumi on Saturday morning, walked to the transfer desk to continue up to Chiang Mai, went through customs etc and did the TM30 in Thai Airways lounge while waiting for my connecting flight on the app. A 2 minute job.

You can do the TM30 stamp in BKK? Where is your TM30 place of registration, CM or BKK?

Archived