BANGKOK
CMBob

TM30 Info

and the last 2 times I have left the country Rayong immigration haven't required one.  it's just rinse repeat from different parts of the country and that's why there are so many posts about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

and the last 2 times I have left the country Rayong immigration haven't required one.  it's just rinse repeat from different parts of the country and that's why there are so many posts about it.

in my case rayong ask for an update and just do something on the computer and put a date stamp on the old receipt.' did mine 2 weeks ago,

I'm not quite sure where long-stay foreigners heard or how they came to believe that they and/or the Thai person who owns the place in which they stay must report physically to Immigration to "update" their TM.30 each time they arrive anew in Thailand.

Some years back, when moving to a new residence, it is true that the Thai owner of the property where I stay was required physically to come in to Chiang Mai Immigration with Tabien Baan book and Thai ID card to register the first time and apply for online internet access to do future reports. 

At that time, we received the bottom half of the white form entitled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION", appropriately signed by the immigration officer, dated, stamped in red with the Immigration seal, and with my name, the owner's name, address, and online-reporting account number assigned to the owner written in ink by the Immigration officer onto the form.  Since then, I have kept that form tucked into my passport, although never again asked for it.

Since then I have left Thailand and returned many, many times.  Of course, each time I am reported to be here via the online system (currently, I believe, still athttps://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/), always within 24 hours of such international arrival, as well after returning from stays at hotels elsewhere in Thailand.

Never has the owner ever been fined or required to come in again, at least after being registered for the convenience of online reporting, as above-board cooperating hotels/guest-houses use routinely.  Never upon my once-per-year, in-person visit to extend my permission to stay has that form ever been asked for.  [CORRECTION: To avoid any problems, I now remember I did xerox that RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION and submitted it along with all the xerox copies at my last renewal of permission to stay.  Whether it was needed or not, or they would have asked for it if were not submitted, I do not know.  But the next sentence remains valid:]  Its existence from years ago is obviously in the Immigration system's database, as is the most recent online report filed after any returns, international or domestic, to this lodging.

So I wonder why this is not the experience of others who return to the same place, again and again.  Perhaps in such cases, the landlord or householder has not bothered to enroll in, or has been unaware of, or just refuses to use the relatively easy-to-use online reporting system maintained by Immigration.  It was undoubtedly developed primarily to make life easier for the hundreds of thousands of hotel/guest-house establishments in the country.  But non-commercial household owners can use it, too.

Edited by Bruce404
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce404 said:

I'm not quite sure where long-stay foreigners heard or how they came to believe that they and/or the Thai person who owns the place in which they stay must report physically to Immigration to "update" their TM.30 each time they arrive anew in Thailand.

Some years back, when moving to a new residence, it is true that the Thai owner of the property where I stay was required physically to come in to Chiang Mai Immigration with Tabien Baan book and Thai ID card to register the first time and apply for online internet access to do future reports. 

At that time, we received the bottom half of the white form entitled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION", appropriately signed by the immigration officer, dated, stamped in red with the Immigration seal, and with my name, the owner's name, address, and online-reporting account number assigned to the owner written in ink by the Immigration officer onto the form.  Since then, I have kept that form tucked into my passport, although never again asked for it.

Since then I have left Thailand and returned many, many times.  Of course, each time I am reported to be here via the online system (currently, I believe, still athttps://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/), always within 24 hours of such international arrival, as well after returning from stays at hotels elsewhere in Thailand.

Never has the owner ever been fined or required to come in again, at least after being registered for the convenience of online reporting, as above-board cooperating hotels/guest-houses use routinely.  Never upon my once-per-year, in-person visit to extend my permission to stay has that form ever been asked for.  [CORRECTION: To avoid any problems, I now remember I did xerox that RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION and submitted it along with all the xerox copies at my last renewal of permission to stay.  Whether it was needed or not, or they would have asked for it if were not submitted, I do not know.  But the next sentence remains valid:]  Its existence from years ago is obviously in the Immigration system's database, as is the most recent online report filed after any returns, international or domestic, to this lodging.

So I wonder why this is not the experience of others who return to the same place, again and again.  Perhaps in such cases, the landlord or householder has not bothered to enroll in, or has been unaware of, or just refuses to use the relatively easy-to-use online reporting system maintained by Immigration.  It was undoubtedly developed primarily to make life easier for the hundreds of thousands of hotel/guest-house establishments in the country.  But non-commercial household owners can use it, too.

You have apparently not read the hundreds of posts on this matter. Basically, it all depends on which IO you see.  The law is there, it is the implementation that is quite random. 

• Like 1

TM6 ARRIVAL CARD

Recently reported that this arrival requiement will no longer be required

IMM have 2 warehouse's full of old TM6

Edited by HullyGully
edit a word

Atfer reading so much discussion on TM 30 and TM28 I went to CM office. I had returned back on Aug 8 and when I went yesterday I told to go upstairs to third floor. No waiting and was told I could do TM30 for my landlord. Took 45 seconds and they updated passport and I went home.
  •  
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:
Atfer reading so much discussion on TM 30 and TM28 I went to CM office. I had returned back on Aug 8 and when I went yesterday I told to go upstairs to third floor. No waiting and was told I could do TM30 for my landlord. Took 45 seconds and they updated passport and I went home.
  •  

Earl,

Why is so easy for you while others are leaving the country because of it?

Immigration can be quite inconsistent from one office to another and even from one officer to another.

The law states that we must update even if we go to stay in another friend's place in another province.

Edited by EricTh

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The law states that we must update even if we go to stay in another friend's place in another province.

The law doesn't state this explicitly, which is one of the reason for the law to cause so many problems.

Immigration can be quite inconsistent from one office to another and even from one officer to another.

Absolutely nothing new!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Reported in 0940 Saturday morning took 1min nobody in the queue.

Saturdays are the way forward for TM30 reporting, gotta love CM immigration for opening up on Saturdays 👍

29 minutes ago, stament said:

Reported in 0940 Saturday morning took 1min nobody in the queue.

Saturdays are the way forward for TM30 reporting, gotta love CM immigration for opening up on Saturdays 👍

Did you report within 24 hours of arriving?

If I land on a Wednesday, I don't think I can report on Saturday... Can I?